DeanG

Jeff Matthews

Well, I think it's time for me to sign off. I wish everyone my best and sure do appreciate all of those who supported and put up with me.

My website is only costing me $11.99 a month, and the Aletheia Audio Facebook page is free - so they will both be staying up.

After 20,000+ posts, I really don't have anything left to say, and to be honest - I'm tired of repeating myself.

So bittersweet. Some remain, most have not, and friends lost.

I will see some of you on the other side.

In Christ,

Dean

I know a few people that would like to salute you for your contributions over the years.

274XBy.gif_ vulcan salute _400.gif

A long long time ago

I can still remember how

That music used to make me smile

And I knew if I had my chance

That I could make those people dance

And maybe they'd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver

With every paper I'd deliver

Bad news on the doorstep

I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I cried

When I read about his widowed bride

Something touched me deep inside

The day the music died

So

Bye, bye Miss American Pie

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry

And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

Singin' this'll be the day that I die

This'll be the day that I die

Did you write the book of love

And do you have faith in God above

If the Bible tells you so?

Do you believe in rock and roll?

Can music save your mortal soul?

And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Well, I know that you're in love with him

'Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym

You both kicked off your shoes

Man, I dig those rhythm and blues

I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck

With a pink carnation and a pickup truck

But I knew I was out of luck

The day the music died

I started singin'

Now, for ten years we've been on our own

And moss grows fat on a rolling stone

But, that's not how it used to be

When the jester sang for the king and queen

In a coat he borrowed from James Dean

And a voice that came from you and me

Oh and while the king was looking down

The jester stole his thorny crown

The courtroom was adjourned

No verdict was returned

And while Lennon read a book on Marx

The quartet practiced in the park

And we sang dirges in the dark

The day the music died

We were singin'

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

And singin' this'll be the day that I die

Helter skelter in a summer swelter

The birds flew off with a fallout shelter

Eight miles high and falling fast

It landed foul on the grass

The players tried for a forward pass

With the jester on the sidelines in a cast

Now the half-time air was sweet perfume

While sergeants played a marching tune

We all got up to dance

Oh, but we never got the chance

'Cause the players tried to take the field

The marching band refused to yield

Do you recall what was revealed

The day the music died?

We started singin'

And singin' this'll be the day that I die

Oh, and there we were all in one place

A generation lost in space

With no time left to start again

So come on Jack be nimble, Jack be quick

Jack Flash sat on a candlestick

'Cause fire is the devil's only friend

Oh and as I watched him on the stage

My hands were clenched in fists of rage

No angel born in Hell

Could break that Satan's spell

And as the flames climbed high into the night

To light the sacrificial rite

I saw Satan laughing with delight

The day the music died

He was singin'

I met a girl who sang the blues

And I asked her for some happy news

But she just smiled and turned away

I went down to the sacred store

Where I'd heard the music years before

But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets the children screamed

The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed

But not a word was spoken

The church bells all were broken

And the three men I admire most

The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost

They caught the last train for the coast

The day the music died

And they were singing

They were singing

post-36163-0-92400000-1456877804_thumb.g

post-36163-0-14520000-1456877891_thumb.g

Edited by Fjd

Well, I think it's time for me to sign off. I wish everyone my best and sure do appreciate all of those who supported and put up with me.

My website is only costing me $11.99 a month, and the Aletheia Audio Facebook page is free - so they will both be staying up.

After 20,000+ posts, I really don't have anything left to say, and to be honest - I'm tired of repeating myself.

So bittersweet. Some remain, most have not, and friends lost.

I will see some of you on the other side.

In Christ,

Dean

In case you wanted to play it, instead of read it.

Hans Solo salutes you.

_ Hans Solo salute giphy.gif

post-36163-0-28840000-1456878367_thumb.g

Edited by Fjd

• Administrators

Mark (I know you are reading this):

I WILL apologize, but only because I had the exact wording wrong.  So for that, I'm truly, truly sorry. Here is your exact wording, which I found thanks to a quoted post I had made in our Moderator's forum on that day... 

I'd like to take leave, and not leave my content behind.  It IS a solution for me. Do I have to piss on the bosses desk to be banned? What do I have to do?  Why on earth can't you accommodate this simple request? You're going to make me delete it individually? What does that gain you besides proving to be a dick?

Go ahead and quote this in your blog post about me, and consider this matter closed. I'm not sure why you want to drag this out any further.

• Like 3

I think the best thing Mark can do is start his own forum and stop trying to save this "Dying Audio Forum" :rolleyes:

I've noticed a pattern by some members that they seem to want to start something then claim to be the victim later

as an excuse for their behavior....I call :pwk_bs:

This forum is made up of everyone's efforts and time they put into it and if you don't like what you see then step up and participate

in a positive manner or at a minimum I suggest you quit your whining..!!!!

Anyone who thinks they or what they have to contribute is so important that if they leave it will fall apart needs a heavy dose

of REALITY...!!!!

IMHO the best exchanges of Ideas, Experiences, and Knowledge is achieved when everyone shows respect to each other and

if by chance you find during one of these exchanges that you were wrong you might not feel so stupid later.... :D  

Hang in there Doomsday isn't here yet contrary to what some would have us believe.

miketn

• Like 5

• Administrators

I think the best thing Mark can do is start his own forum and stop trying to save this "Dying Audio Forum" :rolleyes:

I've noticed a pattern by some members that they seem to want to start something then claim to be the victim later

as an excuse for their behavior....I call :pwk_bs:

This forum is made up of everyone's efforts and time they put into it and if you don't like what you see then step up and participate

in a positive manner or at a minimum I suggest you quit your whining..!!!!

Anyone who thinks they or what they have to contribute is so important that if they leave it will fall apart needs a heavy dose

of REALITY...!!!!

IMHO the best exchanges of Ideas, Experiences, and Knowledge is achieved when everyone shows respect to each other and

if by chance you find during one of these exchanges that you were wrong you might not feel so stupid later.... :D  

Hang in there Doomsday isn't here yet contrary to what some would have us believe.

miketn

THIS. 1000X This.

I'm done feeding the trolls. I've got shit to do.

• Like 2

Roger, if I had to guess, probably a good half of his posts were audio related - all excellent. He hit just about every discipline you can think of with the rest. No, I didn't agree with everything he said.

He was mostly all audio related when he posted in the early years.

You know this entire forum was mostly about audio, way back when. Although I have less than 600 posts I've been here, on and off, since 2003. Bought my first Klipsch speakers, 1977 LaScallas, brand spankin' new from the factory. Thought this forum was a pretty cool spot - talkin' Klipsch, audio learning more about both. Couldn't post for a few years due to a password snafu and gave up for a while. Many, many names are no longer here for many reasons I'm sure. But how some of these posts are turned and twisted I can see why. Seems our "electronic social society" has emboldened many to be more than what they really are.

I don't know about this forum anymore but I do know one thing - I enjoy my KHorns played through some glowing glass sitting back and reading the soap opera known as the Klipsch Community. Pull up your boots, wade through the mire and you might find a topic on Klipsch speakers.

Just maybe ---

• Like 1

Mark has a selective memory. His post that said "Who's desk do I need to shit on to have my content deleted" is gone because well, he wanted his content deleted. But several others saw that post and can hopefully remember and back me up. I know I didn't just imagine it.

I have nothing to apologize for.

I absolutely saw that post.
  • Like 1

Mark (I know you are reading this):

I WILL apologize, but only because I had the exact wording wrong.  So for that, I'm truly, truly sorry. Here is your exact wording, which I found thanks to a quoted post I had made in our Moderator's forum on that day... 

I'd like to take leave, and not leave my content behind.  It IS a solution for me. Do I have to piss on the bosses desk to be banned? What do I have to do?  Why on earth can't you accommodate this simple request? You're going to make me delete it individually? What does that gain you besides proving to be a dick?

Go ahead and quote this in your blog post about me, and consider this matter closed. I'm not sure why you want to drag this out any further.

Mark has a selective memory. His post that said "Who's desk do I need to shit on to have my content deleted" is gone because well, he wanted his content deleted. But several others saw that post and can hopefully remember and back me up. I know I didn't just imagine it.

I have nothing to apologize for.

I absolutely saw that post.

Just a FYI, but Chad corrected the post you quoted.  See above.

When someone freely posts content on a public forum, how does that not become public domain content? How does that poster retain any ownership claims on that content as his IP?  Why does the forum administration feel that it needs to yield to demands from the poster to destroy that content?

Just wondering.

• Like 1

When someone freely posts content on a public forum, how does that not become public domain content? How does that poster retain any ownership claims on that content as his IP?  Why does the forum administration feel that it needs to yield to demands from the poster to destroy that content?

Just wondering.

There is no viable claim of 'intellectual property' for postings made in what is essentially public domain. Anyone posting here and expecting that there in fact is; is at best sorely mistaken.

When I leave a forum I prefer to do so with at least some decorum (i.e. quietly). Something I learned from Tuco as seen here:

Edited by Wolfbane
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Just wondering.

There is no viable claim of 'intellectual property' for postings made in what is essentially public domain. Anyone posting here and expecting that there in fact is is at best sorely mistaken.

yup. 

• Like 1

Just wondering.

There is no viable claim of 'intellectual property' for postings made in what is essentially public domain. Anyone posting here and expecting that there in fact is is at best sorely mistaken.

Interesting, I'm not sure where you guys are reading "intellectual property"?  However, I do see terminology used describing "user created content."   I'm not sure the terms are really interchangeable as there seems to be differences.

https://2016opinions.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/a-dying-audio-forum/

Just wondering.

Interesting, I'm not sure where you guys are reading "intellectual property"?  However, I do see terminology used describing "user created content."   I'm not sure the terms are really interchangeable as there seems to be differences.

See post #9 above.

Just wondering.

See post #9 above.

Since I don't appreciate how it was a change, I can't get a grip on how "He who shall not be named" precipitated it.

after demanding that his posts were his IP and that they be removed entirely he wrote a letter to klipsch management, bringing that particular sub-forum's existence into a state of common knowledge, suggesting that it was a cesspool and that it should be considered for closure. they seemed to have agreed and gave orders to shut it down. i'm pretty sure Chad busted his *** to design a framework through which the spirit of that sub-forum could return while simultaneously conforming to the expectations of management. and the only gratitude for those efforts that he's gotten from the forum is bitching and moaning.

top notch, family.

I have already read post #9 just like I read every post in this thread and the information at each link and it looks like post #9 would most likely be considered hearsay; meaning that the detailed assertions of the post cannot be substantiated with a 95% confidence level that the information, especially the use of the term "intellectual property" is an accurate portrayal of the events.  I was also there reading every thread during all of the events in question last May. 

In fact Mark actually corrected my use of the terminology "intellectual property" in relation to the debate over the NOS Valves NBS preamp being based on his design of the Blueberry and Merlin tube preamps in the thread at the link below that is now a deleted thread.  The terminology that has been used is "user created content."  

I used the term "Mexican standoff" to connote a situation where each side wants something, a concession of some sort, and is offering nothing of value.  When the other side sees no value in agreeing to any changes, they refuse to negotiate.  Although both sides may benefit from the change, neither side can agree to adequate compensation for agreeing to the change, and nothing is accomplished.  In my view this is more like what we have here and everybody loses. 

So you don't have to click the link here is the quote. Nope, I don't see the terminology "intellectual property" anywhere below.

"Why I Deleted My 29,000 Posts Last Year

Because they were the product of my intellect and creativity. It’s called “content,” and just because some members and moderators have no idea what “content” means on the Internet, doesn’t mean the rest of us don’t understand its value. I had in those thousands of posts, advice, schematics, lessons, reviews and more. It wasn’t merely a collection of grunts, snorts, and imbecilic face plant GIFs.

Back when I demanded to be banned and have my posts deleted, Klipsch moderators thought the only important aspect of the forum is that, “Klipsch owns the servers.” My argument at the time was, yes they do own it, and an empty forum on a server is worth zero. It is only member generated content that makes any place on the Internet worth visiting. And because of that user created value, the users should not be treated like so much disposable labor, but rather they should have substantial input into the forum direction.  The argument carried on for a few days. So, upon leaving, why would I leave my valuable content behind when it took me 12 years to create it? In short, they wanted to keep it, but also claim it had no value. I hope you see the paradox.

The other problem in leaving your content is defending it. For example: Suppose someone quotes a lengthy post I left behind in 2008, and then declares, “This is a pack of lies!” How would I defend myself when banned? That is exactly what I knew would happen, and exactly why I insisted on taking my content with me. I asked for my posts to be removed to prove the point that the value in any forum is “user created content.” I understand why most people, using anonymous handles, wouldn’t care about leaving their many grunts and spittle behind if they left, but I had my name on my work – all 29,000 posts – and I was not about to leave it unattended for the massacre by hordes of ignoramuses who were jealous of my abilities.

If you still don’t understand what content means, you probably don’t need to. You’ve posted nothing of value. After I left last year, and insisted my content be deleted, the company then decided that subsequently no one in the future will be allowed to delete theirs! And that proves my point, doesn’t it, Chad? The only value to a forum is content, and the company has fully recognized that now."

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/145341-nbs-preamp-topology/page-2

Why can't I view the above thread?

I am just looking for some more technical information if anyone has it about these units. I found very little info at www.nosvalves.com

I do own a pair of Klipsch Heresy II and RB-81 II

Thanks in advance for I am a new member and am honored to be a part of a great community.

Edited by Fjd

Perhaps a re-read of this sentence from what you posted above would help:

Because they were the product of my intellect and creativity.

You may also want to also refer to the definition of intellectual property. In Black's, Webster's or whatever flavor of English Language dictionary you chose to consult.

Perhaps a re-read of this sentence from what you posted above would help:

Because they were the product of my intellect and creativity.

You may also want to also refer to the definition of intellectual property. In Black's, Webster's or whatever flavor of English Language dictionary you chose to consult.

First and foremost, intellectual property carries a legal connotation. Intellectual property rights include patents, copyright, industrial design rights, trademarks, plant variety rights, trade dress, and in some jurisdictions trade secrets. There are also more specialized or derived varieties of sui generis exclusive rights, such as circuit design rights (called mask work rights in the US) and supplementary protection certificates for pharmaceutical products (after expiry of a patent protecting them).  

In addition, the primary objective of most intellectual property law (with the exception of trademarks) is to "promote progress."  The thought being that by exchanging limited exclusive rights for disclosure of inventions and creative works, society and the patentee/copyright owner mutually benefit, and an incentive is created for inventors and authors to create and disclose their work.

Much different than user created content.

Edited by Fjd

Call it what you will (IP, content, drivel), when you freely post it in a public setting, without copyright, trademark or patent protection, how is it not public domain?  I think the argument of not being able to "defend it" is weak for a reason for demanding it deleted, especially when you ask (or behave purposefully) to be banned.

• Like 2