When Did We Become So Wimpy On The Forum?

tidmack

50 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

You maybe right but I bet it's bigger than you think but sales aside these are Paul's babies hence called heritage and what will stop is all peddlers talking about so called upgrades. Pretty simple?  The answer is yes. 

So Bones,

Does this mean that I can peddle my ear bud upgrades here?

Regards

tc

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

"Claiming I made up facts is simply lazy and a losing argument; particularly when the facts (and history) are evident and available."

Well you either made up facts or are clearly mistaken.  The facts are readily available which led me to conclude you choose to make up facts. But you are still wrong, Honda has been the largest manufacturer of motorcycles since 1959.

You know, you make this too easy.  I like that you can do research but it would be even better if you were able to digest the data.

I stated that Harley-Davidson became the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world.  That is a fact.  The fact that Honda overtook them in 1959 means less than zero.  You haven't refuted my point, you have substantiated it.  Furthermore, Harley-Davidson is still the number 1 manufacturer of motorcycles in America as I stated.  Now, you read some data but can't understand the point.  So let me make it simple.  It matters not that Honda sold however many motocross bikes, atvs, scooters, etc.  Harley doesn't sell dirt bikes, atvs, etc.  Even you should know that comparing apples to oranges is fallacious.  They sell bikes over 650CC and they destroy Honda in that segment.  Here a simple fact:  In 2014, Harley-Davidson's share of the US Market was 35% while Honda's was 15%.  Prior to that disappointing year, Harley-Davidson was around 50% while Honda was still at, you guessed it, 15%.  Hey, you were right about one thing, it isn't even close.  Pretty simple, Counselor.  I know, facts suck when you are on the wrong end of them.  Then again, maybe I am wrong to look at the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and other data that disagrees with your mistaken beliefs.

Now, because I find you humorous and challenged, please provide evidence of me providing this list you assert I provided here:  "That doesn't even cover all the manufacturer sites you claimed don't have vendor policies."  My statement, which I thought was simple enough for anyone to comprehend was " I reviewed some of the other forums I frequent with regard to audio, cars, tools, etc. that are hosted by the respective manufacturer.  There was no ToS in sight, various forums encouraging modifications, upgrades, and pointing to vendors for specific items."  Hmm.  My statement and your claim appear to be different.

I understand some people like to manufacture or misconstrue someone's statements so that it is easy to refute them, but attributing claims to me that I didn't make and then proclaiming yourself victorious in your argument against my position is, well, just silly and less than I would expect from a high school debate team.  But keep on, I find your floundering entertaining.

I suppose talking about how to deal with vendors at this point is superfluous. I mean, no one is left. Al is gone, Warren no longer has any interest in this place, Bob is tired of repeating himself, Craig thinks it's a time waster, and Dave got tired of being harassed - which is about where I'm at.

So, who's "peddling"? Me providing support for my products is not "peddling" - and I have no control over whether or not someone decides to review and endorse my work. Sorry. 

I have strong opinions, who doesn't? The active networking guys are just as obnoxious as I am. Btw, my criticism regarding the active route relates to cost and complexity. Nothing has ever been presented to dispute this. Saying it ain't so doesn't make it so. Many have tried this and don't like the way it sounds. If one is to argue "user fail", then this only fuels my original argument (complexity).

I don't believe in "snake oil", or "magic". I've always posted supporting data or plots. I respect the measurements, and absolutely believe that there is a corresponding measurement for what we hear - always. However, I'm not convinced that there is a measurement or series of measurements that can account for everything we hear. Finally, there is the psychoacoustic aspect - we all have different rooms, and hear and notice different things while listening - it's largely subjective.

Roy is my friend. We email and PM during these heated exchanges. We are struggling to find some kind of common ground. It's not easy.

If people feel that they can't post regarding their subjective experiences without being harassed or shouted down - they'll leave. It will be the end of this place. 

I once proposed a separate vendor's section for each vendor, which apparently seemed like a bad idea - but charging vendors to promote looks like a good idea? How about I back charge for the 15 years of free tech support I provided? This forum has had almost ZERO technical support from Klipsch, as the great majority of technical support has come from the community itself - what a great deal for Klipsch! Yeah, I suppose I found the suggestion a little offensive. 

Roy gets the benefit of the doubt because he's a great guy and he's a walking horn generator. So, I think I'm going to completely back off, and wait and see what the mad scientist is up to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

You maybe right but I bet it's bigger than you think but sales aside these are Paul's babies hence called heritage and what will stop is all peddlers talking about so called upgrades. Pretty simple?  The answer is yes. 

I understand the sentiment, but Paul's babies have changed throughout history.  Didn't Paul keep improving his speakers?  So upgrades were still possible, yes?  Didn't Klipsch release the Heresy III?  The Cornwall III?  So upgrades were still possible even then, yes?  Now, I bought Klipsch after first hearing Klipschorns in 1980 or so.  I own Klipschorns that have upgraded cross-overs - by Klipsch no less.

As I said, Klipsch can take action, and you obviously decided on a solution, but I still haven't seen anyone define the problem.  In any case, I don't peddle, so have at it.

Now, personally, I would like to hear more about the Pro Line and understand what exactly I am listening to at the good theater I frequent.  What's the difference between them and my Heresies, etc.  Which speakers are being used to reproduce all the bass in that theater, etc.

4 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

This place has been at "the end of this place" in one person's opinion or another since I joined back in 2009. Yet, it's still here and recent Pilgrimages are growing bigger than ever before.

It's a slow process.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

This place has been at "the end of this place" in one person's opinion or another since I joined back in 2009. Yet, it's still here and recent Pilgrimages are growing bigger than ever before.

Exactly. Common Threads. The threads that bind. If you haven't experienced it you are not qualified to comment. We grow stronger every year. Some get it, some don't, some NEVER will!