Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Ok, checked out some of the very fine 'plays' and gave out the likes and laughs.  It is MONDAY here, and I am not doing much.....HOWEVER, I just got my latest order in from U-Turn.  The stylus gage AND an anti static brush.

I can leave the brush on with the livingroom system, and the old DiscWasher system with the Rega in the Hall...   

I'll try to get some vinyl spinning in with you all soon.  Cheery cheers my friends 🍷IMG-2693.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Ok, checked out some of the very fine 'plays' and gave out the likes and laughs.  It is MONDAY here, and I am not doing much.....HOWEVER, I just got my latest order in from U-Turn.  The stylus gage AND an anti static brush.

I can leave the brush on with the livingroom system, and the old DiscWasher system with the Rega in the Hall...   

I'll try to get some vinyl spinning in with you all soon.  Cheery cheers my friends 🍷IMG-2693.jpg

a must have Gary , but the recommended bearing weight is 1,8 mN , generally it´s between 1,6 > 2,0 mN . The self-resonance of the cantilever is reduced with a higher bearing weight, maybe you try this

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

PXL_20230410_204722964.jpg.3a499dd0a5fc1afac71819d8fd374edc.jpg

This one is, sadly, scratchy all over... Well, entered into my growing want list on Discogs... Unitil I find a copy I can always listen to it on CD.

This pressing is considered very good 

And price is not over the top

Euro sellers - https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3919365?ev=rb&currency=EUR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

.  lol  Great album right there from 72!  Maybe Bowie sounds a bit like Lou?  :)

haven´t looked this one up in Discogs yet... Didn´t see the relase-date. Dave, I´m too young!!

• Haha 4

Ha!  Discogs is a funny place if you're OLD!  They've got it all workin in there somehow.  I'm not using paypal but I did buy one lp with my throwaway "low limit" credit card once.  Some shop in Florida as I recall.  They took Visa so I bit.  Shortly thereafter half of Florida was using my card on Google to call home on one of their apps.  That was funny  Nevah again!  Burner phones?  So why not have a burner credit card?  Ha!

Reflecting on that pleasurable experience I just smirked when I looked.  Now if you have an interest in more info it's there but the thing is this.  Why am I looking up info on an lp that's already sittin on my shelf?  Price guides are fun though.  They just keep going up.  :)

I liken it to buying carts and we all know how I like that subject.  Yea, I know, I know but...

2 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I'm currently watching this EC documentary,

Take succinct notes there may be a quiz after.  :)       

20220908-185612.jpg

20220908-223143.jpg

HE jump started me back in 67 and I don't think I've ever missed a US show.  He totally resonates w/me as does Jimi.  It was the wild, wild West back in 1967.  The respect for each other was there so ya pretty much hooked up and had a throw down just to see if it "worked."  Yes, that's a "forever" kinda thing in any business. It all sorted in the end but that's life.  Some good and some bad. 

Here's one for you Mellone:  You're watching the documentary.  Anyone ever ask EC what he would have done paired up with Jimi?  Two different styles, yet the same presenting as ONE person.  Nose to nose, pushing each to the max guttin it out?  To me?  That would be an amazing combination of two guys together going right back to the root of it all in the end.  The blues that with the flick of a switch could go insanely wild in a very good way.  They're both alike in so many ways yet so different.  Wild!  

It's ok, I know they didn't.  Just another perverted rock n roll thought. 

(BTW I KNOW Andre is reading this.)  I put a nice lil worm on a hook and threw it into the pot.  Gotta slow him down buying or he's gonna wind up like everyone else in here.  BROKE!)  😂

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Ha!  Discogs is a funny place if you're OLD!  They've got it all workin in there somehow.  I'm not using paypal but I did buy one lp with my throwaway "low limit" credit card once.  Some shop in Florida as I recall.  They took Visa so I bit.  Shortly thereafter half of Florida was using my card on Google to call home on one of their apps.  That was funny  Nevah again!  Burner phones?  So why not have a burner credit card?  Ha!

Grr, not nice! I only buy local (Germany, sometimes Europe) and pay via PayPal. Had no problems until now. Just once, some LP labled as NM, well... it wasn´t maybe it was good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1