Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I have to say I was very impressed listening to The Wall in its entirety last night.  I have it on CD as well and listened to the CD immediately after listening to the vinyl.  There's just more depth in the vinyl.  Vocals and mid-bass instruments are what stood out to me the most.  The CD is really good.  The vinyl is fantastic. 

Seeeeeee, now you've become a vinyl junkie!  Your life is about to change. 

That album was the FIRST album played on my Linn table thru my rack of SAE gear with the big 2600 amp.  Paired with Infinity Reference Standard 2.5 speakersa.  Arnie Nudell sent everything to a dealer in Akron, Oh, which is about 2 hours away.  He sent his tech down w/the speakers and a 2600 (back order) down to my place to do the install with the rest of the gear in the rack.  I'd just got that album and the tech said that's it!   Rolled up a quarter pound in a Pampers and smiled. That dude CRANKED that system and scared me to death.  I thought something was gonna give but it didn't.  I could have sworn that helicopter was landing across the street in the school playground.  Totally blew me away.  That's why I told you to crank it!  :)

Btw, I picked up a beautiful Judy Collins album today @ Goodwill when I was out of town.  Total cost?  $1.00   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here ya go!  "Hard Times for Lovers her first album release since 1976.  Released in 1979 and didn't go crazy on the charts but the cover NAILED it!  What a beautiful woman!   :)  This much fun for a buck and you should have seen the little old lady behind me looking at it with her mask on!  hahaha  :)

IMG-20201109-193205001.jpg

The "back" side???  Yuuuuuuuuppers!  Someone TOTALLY missed this one!  The rest of the shelf was junk!

IMG-20201109-193252530.jpg

Yup, it's on there from one of the most respected in the business!  

She melted the hearts of sooooo soooo many!  Real, down to earth and gorgeous!  Think she might just have some cover art floating around out there too.  hahaha  "Suite Judy Blue Eyes"?  Yup, that be her!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Even with tons of albums ya STILL have your "go too's."  Just a bunch more options.  With all the new boxes coming out it's pretty amazing though.  Into an ELP 4 LP box set right now which is KILLER .  Their "Anthology" box.  Their "good stuff?"  It's ALL on it so far.  4 new lp's like that remastered for $60?  It's a no brainer for me.  The new Eagles box was $90 and a bear to work thru.  ELP has one jacket cover w/4 individual jackets with sleeves inside.  Much nicer to handle.  It's "workin" right now and sounding fantastic.  No shuffling from album to album unless you want something that's not in the box set.  It's called "marketing" and the young ones are buying it.  All of us "old dogs" can trip 'em up by playing the stuff that's NOT on the new lp's.  hahaha  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Since my new turntable has Bluetooth I decided to give it a try.  Paired it with The One that's in our main floor living room.  Put on side 4 of The Wall since that's what was cued up.  I was really impressed at how good it sounded.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Back in my day, we were just audiophiles.  Vinyl was what there was for the most part.  No junkie label needed.  I would say vinyl people are upright citizens while cd types are junkies.  Too right yeah!

Vinyl Lover

Pin on vinyl

CD Junkie

CD-Player: Test & Empfehlungen (11/20) | HEIMKINOHELD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I went shopping while wife was in the Dr's

brought home 3 lps

It's a Beautiful Day, Vangelis -Heaven and Hell and Pointer Sisters - Break Out

a dozen CDs... and a Harman/Kardan DVD 25 [no remote... oh well]

... the vinyl was $0.10ea

CDs were $2ea

and the cd/dvd player  $10

How did I do?

I love going to the "White Elephant" to shop

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I went shopping while wife was in the Dr's

brought home 3 lps

It's a Beautiful Day, Vangelis -Heaven and Hell and Pointer Sisters - Break Out

a dozen CDs... and a Harman/Kardan DVD 25 [no remote... oh well]

... the vinyl was $0.10ea

CDs were $2ea

and the cd/dvd player  $10

How did I do?

I love going to the "White Elephant" to shop

That sounds reasonable.....we don´t have " White Elephant " in Europe. Prices, even for sec. hand products, are much higher ......for the total amount apprx.$ 35 you can´t get a sec. hand cd / dvd player here...

• Like 4