What I Got Today!

Brac

Awesome unit Sony made 1 TB Storage built like a tank

What's the model number on that?  I would like to do a little research on it.

Edit: I think it's this:

Sony HAPZ1ES 1TB Hi-Res Music Player System

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HAPZ1ES-Hi-Res-Player-System/dp/B00FFZD29Q/ref=sr_1_15?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1444331346&sr=1-15&refinements=p_89%3ASony

Right?

Edited by spezjag

I fully agree, that SR 7010 receiver looks like beast mode!

I'd like to know how much power to each channel.  The specs say "125w to each channel" but it doesn't say with how many channels being driven.  "Discrete circuits" to each channel is not the same as "discrete power" to each channel.

I always wonder because I find my own Onkyo to have the most deceptive practices.  My Onk 717 is rated for 110 spc into 8 ohms, but you can't tell how much power if the entire 7.1 is being used, probably 45 wpc would be my best guess.  The last ad I saw for their latest AVR said it had 100 wpc, ONE CHANNEL DRIVEN.  It used to be "two channels driven."  And now I just can't tell.

Edited by wvu80

Oops - my bad. I was referring to the Sony digital storage unit in A1UC's post, above.

Ha!  No, my bad, you were OK.  I'm the one who read it wrong.

You're just quicker on the trigger to point that out than I was to correct my own post!  B)

I'd like to know how much power to each channel.  The specs say "125w to each channel" but it doesn't say with how many channels being driven.  "Discrete circuits" to each channel is not the same as "discrete power" to each channel.

I always wonder because I find my own Onkyo to have the most deceptive practices.  My Onk 717 is rated for 110 spc into 8 ohms, but you can't tell how much power if the entire 7.1 is being used, probably 45 wpc would be my best guess.  The last ad I saw for their latest AVR said it had 100 wpc, ONE CHANNEL DRIVEN.  It used to be "two channels driven."  And now I just can't tell.

Two channels.  Look at the specs page.   

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=avreceivers&ProductId=SR7010

Two channels. Look at the specs page.

I knew I should have worded things differently, your Marantz was clear about the two channel power rating.  I was complaining about MY brand, the Onkyo, and specifically the new Atmos enabled Onkyo TX-SR444.

It first lists power as "100 watts per channel" then further down lists "100 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC);"

I find the Onk specs confusing at least, misleading at best, deliberately misleading more likely.  :angry:

Most companies do that now, and it is misleading. Even Klipsch has begun bumping up their sensitivity numbers. After reading recent Home Theater reviews the tested sensitivity is usually quite a bit lower than the specs they are rated as Klipsch. Why not just state the accurate ratings and let people decide on thier own.

• Like 1

Sorry. Mc envy.

jerol

Then you'll love what I got to power the Belle surrounds:

2015%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2760425-800.jp

2015%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2760426-800.jp

2015%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2760427-800.jp

2015%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2760429-800.jp

There is a little corrosion in the chrome, as shown in the pics.  All the NOS tube shown, plus all the documents, are included.

This is only slightly less power than is going to the three front channels in the system, but since it's for the surrounds, that should be no problem.

More to follow!  :)

• Like 3

Now we all know all AVR's are not created equal and some "spec" with a higher w/ch than others.  Most major brands publish specs at @@@w/ch at 8ohms for "each" channel at the full frequency range(20HZ to 20KHz).   When they bench test they come in at "maybe" that spec'd value but in stereo and only at a specific frequency and the 5 channel and 7 channel tests are decreased exponentially.  Two things can factor into these decreased values, minimal power supply and very sensitive protection circuitry.  

All the reason to get an outboard amp. ;)  :D

Bill

• Like 1

Sorry. Mc envy.

jerol

Then you'll love what I got to power the Belle surrounds:

2015%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2760425-800.jp

2015%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2760426-800.jp

2015%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2760427-800.jp

2015%5C10%5C08%5Cbikepics-2760429-800.jp

There is a little corrosion in the chrome, as shown in the pics.  All the NOS tube shown, plus all the documents, are included.

This is only slightly less power than is going to the three front channels in the system, but since it's for the surrounds, that should be no problem.

More to follow!  :)

Nice!

A new place to live...

Moved from an 850 square foot 2 bedroom 1 bath with a 1 car garage apartment (half a duplex to be accurate) to a 1700 square foot 3 bedroom 2 bath with a 2 car garage. The best part... My rent is less than half of what I was paying. Still half of a duplex but a step up for sure.

Super nice area. VERY quiet in the end of a cul de sac. A nice little fishing pond on the property were I so inclined.

No interior shots yet because it's pretty much a shambles after 2 days of moving but here's the back yard with the pond:

Back%20Yard_zpsv27hn4sv.jpg

Edited by teknoid
  • Like 4

4 more contracts to build homes that will guarantee one more month of profitability for the year! Drill baby drill (reference to gas exporation going on in the areas that I build)

At $45 Green per bbl of light crude here.. and less for the heavy sour stuff nobody's doing much drilling or anything else except chopping and hacking down the staff counts. :(

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!