What I Got Today!

Brac

After owning various Class A SS amps I've wanted to head back that direction to couple with the KHorns.

Well I found a mint (llooks like they were just pulled off the build line) pair of Forte/Threshold Model 7 pure Class A monoblocks, 75 watts/side, a Nelson Pass product design when he was associated with Threshold. All paper work, boxes, sales brochures, got it all. Have about three CD's through them and my gosh do they sound good?! Why yes, yes they do. They do the Class A/monoblock sound in spades.

post-12470-0-13860000-1445472469_thumb.j

post-12470-0-02740000-1445472519_thumb.j

post-12470-0-95780000-1445472542_thumb.j

• Like 5

Received first Cinema Series Blu-rays, remastered in 4K & Atmos.

The Professional, The Fifth Element & Dracula. Hoping the PQ & AQ are first rate.

uC2tlI.jpg

lkuoJh.jpg

I have these... you'll love them though dracula still suffers slightly in comparrison to the others. There must be something wrong with the master.

Dont get me wrong, it has never looked better... its just the others are MUCH better.

Spartacus looks fantastic, and furthermore, the sound is superb.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm thinking about purchasing a new avr, it's a factory refurbished from accessories for less. Has anyone ever purchased from them and are they a good company etc.

My experiences have been nothing but great with A4Less. 

When I bought my Yamaha A-S1000 integrated amp it arrived with a damaged speaker terminal.  They told me they would email me a return authorization and shipping label and to send it back.  I opted to just drive it to them(30 miles) and they swapped my Yamaha with another one.  No harm no foul on my part.

Bill

• Like 1

I bought my Denon 4520 from them several months ago.  Great customer service.  The first unit arrived and worked for about 15 minutes before continuously power cycling.  A4L sent out a return label and another unit right away.  The 2nd unit was destroyed by FedEx in transit, arriving with a rather large hole in the side of the box and with the side of the unit caved in.  A4L had FedEx out first thing the next day to pick up the unit...after which, I decided to step up to a brand new unit, rather than a refurb just due to the longer warranty (and an excellent price).  New unit arrived from A4L and has been perfect.  Excellent customer service each time I had to talk to them. 

• Like 1

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm thinking about purchasing a new avr, it's a factory refurbished from accessories for less. Has anyone ever purchased from them and are they a good company etc.

A lot of people on the AVS forum say great things about A4L.    

• Like 1

I finally got my pair of Emotiva XPA-1's set up today. All I can say is wow......they sound fantastic. More bass punch than I had with my XPA-2 and at -20 db on the preamp the LED meters only flicker into the second light. My XPA-2 at the same level ran about four lights aside. These behemoths seem like they do everything well.....and effortless.

• Like 1

I finally got my pair of Emotiva XPA-1's set up today. All I can say is wow......they sound fantastic. More bass punch than I had with my XPA-2 and at -20 db on the preamp the LED meters only flicker into the second light. My XPA-2 at the same level ran about four lights aside. These behemoths seem like they do everything well.....and effortless.

Are they XPA-1's or the XPA-1L version?

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!