What I Got Today!

Brac

My good buddy from work just recently moved into a smaller place and didn't have room for his two channel rig anymore, I was late to claiming his speakers, but he gave this unit to me for free!

iPhone%206%20Plus%2010-2-15%20131_zps04e

Hey, that looks just like mine. ;)   I am more than impressed with these Integra DTM-40.4's.  

What did you do with your Onkyo TX-8050 which you know is the Onkyo fraternal twin of the Integra 40.4?

Bill

What did you do with your Onkyo TX-8050

I'm just gonna keep it around for now. My other brother in law has expressed some interest it getting some sort of audio setup going in his man cave, so I might lend it to him when he does.  

you know is the Onkyo fraternal twin of the Integra 40.4

So these unit perform identically. My ears were unable to discern any difference between the two. I do like that the power cord isn't permanently attached to the Integra unit. And for some reason I had an easier time setting up my Harmony universal remote with the Integra than the Onkyo.

So these unit perform identically. My ears were unable to discern any difference between the two. I do like that the power cord isn't permanently attached to the Integra unit.

Yes same units except for removable power cord, a zone 2 subwoofer preout, RS232 data port, and additional 12v trigger outs in the Integra.

Bill

Actually got them a few days ago... Picked up a pair of oak Heresy II's (no risers) for $200.00 and they sound fantastic! Been sitting hear listening to them for the past couple hours.

Nice. I did the same with a pair with the risers for the same price earlier this summer, first heritage set I'd ever gotten a chance to own. Rough shape, but they're in a perpetual state of cabinet restoration right now. The original owner probably wouldn't recognize them anymore.

Welcome to the madness!

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!