What I Got Today!

Brac

30.jpg

Restored by a guy in Madison, WI. I'm using it strictly as an amp with a Marantz Model 3600 preamp in front of it. I'm in love with this amp. Classic early 70's Marantz sound......warm, full sounding with that Marantz 'sizzle' on top. This is the only amp I've ever had that is reminiscent of the sound of my HH Scott 222c integrated tube amp.

Being fed from some digital manipulation upstream I'm blown away with the sound quality. :)

• Like 4

I commissioned a 20"x24" Oil painting recently of my dear partner... Newman. she's been fairly sick over this last year and is more than likely on her last legs.

I'm sorry.  That's devastating. 

It's really hard to know when the last day is.  They were sick but OK yesterday and they will probably be about the same tomorrow, but today may be the last day.  It's a tough call.

It may sound cruel, but it's better to end things a week too early rather than a week too late.  You can keep them going through sheer effort for an extra week, but it only makes the owner feel better and doesn't help the pet.  I don't envy the decisions you have to make on Newman's account.

I don't mean to be preachy, but that's the same decision I had to make yesterday about Abbie.

post-58280-0-26280000-1441507502_thumb.j

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I commissioned a 20"x24" Oil painting recently of my dear partner... Newman. she's been fairly sick over this last year and is more than likely on her last legs.

I'm sorry.  That's devastating. 

It's really hard to know when the last day is.  They were sick but OK yesterday and they will probably be about the same tomorrow, but today may be the last day.  It's a tough call.

It may sound cruel, but it's better to end things a week too early rather than a week too late.  You can keep them going through sheer effort for an extra week, but it only makes the owner feel better and doesn't help the pet.  I don't envy the decisions you have to make on Newman's account.

I don't mean to be preachy, but that's the same decision I had to make yesterday about Abbie.

attachicon.gifdog IMG_3686.JPG

Thanks for all the thoughts and wishes... what makes things hard is the fact that she still has a great appetite. If she did not I would have made the call already. The only thing shes been eating for the longest time is fresh chicken and steak... Newman hasnt had dog food for nearly her entire life once I discovered it was what was killing her.

• Like 1

I'm getting close to losing my friend/avatar, too. I can't yet imagine the loss you've already suffered (my 1st dog), but do want to make the right decisions at the right times. 115 pounds down to 85 has been tough to watch, but for now he gets to visit the beach and Mt. Hood much more often than in the last 12 years combined...

post-6935-0-93020000-1441760254_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I'm getting close to losing my friend/avatar, too. I can't yet imagine the loss you've already suffered (my 1st dog), but do want to make the right decisions at the right times. 115 pounds down to 85 has been tough to watch, but for now he gets to visit the beach and Mt. Hood much more often than in the last 12 years combined...

attachicon.gifHound.jpg

Wishing all the best for your and your little buddy. I have two pugs and one is undergoing possible cancer surgery on his muzzle next week while the other is being treated for a huge allergic reaction...

I got two of these, i know WVU wouldn't approve as i am taking my 9 year old son. It will be his first as it was mine all most 20 year's ago to the day.  I couldn't be any worse than me taking my daughter who was 9 at the time to Kid Rock.

post-27403-0-35380000-1441992596_thumb.j

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 1

I got two of these, i know WVU wouldn't approve as i am taking my 9 year old son. It will be his first as it was mine all most 20 year's ago to the day.  I couldn't be any worse than me taking my daughter who was 9 at the time to Kid Rock.

I'll be at the same Show :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Like 1

Upgraded my NAS hardware this week.

supermicro uATX motherboard with 14 on-board sata connectors

xeon E3-1231V3 processor (quad core, hyper-threaded)

16GB RAM

4x 4TB WD Enterprise drives

4x 2TB WD Red drives

1x 300GB VelociRaptor 10K drive for cache

overkill for a NAS, but it also runs Docker containers for certain media-centric applications and will have some baremetal VM's for Arcade gaming, etc.

A data parity check used to run about 17 hours. Last night it ran in 8 :)

• Like 1

Upgraded my NAS hardware this week.

supermicro uATX motherboard with 14 on-board sata connectors

xeon E3-1231V3 processor (quad core, hyper-threaded)

16GB RAM

4x 4TB WD Enterprise drives

4x 2TB WD Red drives

1x 300GB VelociRaptor 10K drive for cache

overkill for a NAS, but it also runs Docker containers for certain media-centric applications and will have some baremetal VM's for Arcade gaming, etc.

A data parity check used to run about 17 hours. Last night it ran in 8 :)

Sounds nerdaliscious. B)

it is. I also got a fancy new monopod and some big binoculars waiting for me at home. will snap a pic of those later. :)

to put it into perspective - I have 2,682 lossless FLAC albums consuming just over 1TB of space. And my NAS has 20TB currently allocated, with ample room for expansion. 

Edited by Thaddeus Smith
  • Like 1

Black Sabbath?  Are you nuts taking a child to see such debauchery???

j/k :P

As long as you're not turning your 9 year-old son loose with all his other 9 year-old buddies, it's all good.  Enjoy your concert.  B)

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!