What I Got Today!

Brac

I think I got a nice craigslist hit, $300.00 for...  a set of RF3ii, RC3ii, RSW-10, and a Sony STR-DA1ES avr (no HDMI but very servicable). The only issue was the grill for the sub was total wreck.

The guy I bought them from was in the process of relocating for his job and wasn't willing to move a lot of his personal belongings. He was glad to know that I was going to enjoy it in my modest home office (man cave).

How did I do?

Scott

• Like 3

Over the weekend, I picked up two used La Scala I speakers.  Cabinets are a little scuffed, but otherwise they appear to be in fine condition.  They will be integrated into a home theater I am building in my soon-to-be refinished basement (3 x LS speakers across the front). 

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I am already talking with Greg Roberts about a total gut-rehab for the speakers - more to follow!

Edited by spezjag
  • Like 7

Okay, I actually found yet another LS I on eBay, at the right price.  This will make a total of four.  This particular unit is a little rougher then the other three, but I am confident that Greg Roberts will be able to bring it back (given that he has managed to restore professional units with the hand-holds in the sides!).

Here it is:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Wish me luck!  I am already bothering Greg with stupid questions, which he has shown a remarkable amount of patience in answering.  We will wait until his move is complete before delivering the speakers to his new location and starting the gut-rehab.

• Like 3

Okay, I actually found yet another LS I on eBay, at the right price.  This will make a total of four.  This particular unit is a little rougher then the other three, but I am confident that Greg Roberts will be able to bring it back (given that he has managed to restore professional units with the hand-holds in the sides!).

Here it is:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Wish me luck!  I am already bothering Greg with stupid questions, which he has shown a remarkable amount of patience in answering.  We will wait until his move is complete before delivering the speakers to his new location and starting the gut-rehab.

My god man, do NOT support any speaker from the top, not even Klipsch.

My god man, do NOT support any speaker from the top, not even Klipsch.

No worries; as Sancho Panza noted, this is how I am getting it.  Unless there are signed of major damage as a result of this mess, I expect Greg will be able to repair it without too much problem; if not, he is able to just replace that panel.

Edited by spezjag
  • Like 1

Actually picked this up a couple of weeks ago, but just finished putting the finishing touches on it....cleaned all interior boards, chassis and case.  Polished faceplate and knobs, adjusted voltages and aligned.  Wow, this baby is sweet....As advertised, the channel separation is terrific, SQ is superb.  I'm going to be looking for other HK Twin Powered in the future, that's for sure.....

post-12530-0-91060000-1437069557_thumb.j

• Like 2

Well...after about 6 years on the Android train, I finally got off. I'm so bored of their releases, and the bugs that accompany them. I'd die before buying an apple product...so the logical solution was Windows since it's in the car, and all my computers.

Walked home yesterday with a Lumia 735 and a FitBit (finally) after trading in my GS4...so far...this phone is freakin' amazing.

• Like 1

Well...after about 6 years on the Android train, I finally got off. I'm so bored of their releases, and the bugs that accompany them. I'd die before buying an apple product...so the logical solution was Windows since it's in the car, and all my computers.

Walked home yesterday with a Lumia 735 and a FitBit (finally) after trading in my GS4...so far...this phone is freakin' amazing.

post-44375-0-72860000-1437081049_thumb.p

• Like 4

I don't care who you are, That's funny right there!
  • Like 1

Actually picked this up a couple of weeks ago, but just finished putting the finishing touches on it....cleaned all interior boards, chassis and case.  Polished faceplate and knobs, adjusted voltages and aligned.  Wow, this baby is sweet....As advertised, the channel separation is terrific, SQ is superb.  I'm going to be looking for other HK Twin Powered in the future, that's for sure.....

attachicon.gifIMG_1829 (Large).JPG

I had it hooked up to a pair of recently restored Heresy's last night for testing, and was impressed.....Switched over to a pair of Chorus II's, then my recently restored La Scala's this afternoon for some real high powered testing....Holy Fajoli Batman!!  This thing rocks.

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!