What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators

What I got today, some hot and humid paint sniffing, making signs. So if my post go down hill from there normally low quality that just means the sign business is doing ok. :o  :blink:  

Back in June of 2014 I purchased a 2015 base model WRX ;

P1000751.jpg

it was bad :(

In August of 2014 I got traded out of that car and into a 2015 limited model ;

P1000868.jpg

it was good :)

After 11 months I felt like our relationship was going nowhere and kicked her to the curb .

IMG_0084.jpg

I'm a jerk .

I then followed my heart to the gal I was meant to be with anyway . Say Hello 

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

2016 Subaru STI !!! 

IMG_0081.jpg

I did this 6 hours ago so it was technically yesterday .

"Damn 23 minutes ago I turned 50 , WTH , never thought I'd make it this far ."

Edited by sunburnwilly
  • Like 3

#1  Back in June of 2014 I purchased a 2015 base model WRX ;  it was bad :(

+++

#2  In August of 2014 I got traded out of that car and into a 2015 limited model ;  it was good :)

After 11 months I felt like our relationship was going nowhere and kicked her to the curb .

I'm a jerk .

+++

I then followed my heart to the gal I was meant to be with anyway . Say Hello 

#3  2016 Subaru STI !!! 

I did this 6 hours ago so it was technically yesterday .

"Damn 23 minutes ago I turned 50 , WTH , never thought I'd make it this far ."

So, let me get this straight.  You bought TWO brand new Subaru's and were unhappy.  You got rid of both of them, then went out and bought yet your THIRD brand new Subaru, because why?  :o

You thought your luck was about to change?     :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So, let me get this straight.  You bought TWO brand new Subaru's and were unhappy.  You got rid of both of them, then went out and bought yet your THIRD brand new Subaru, because why?  :o

Crescendo.

Not about changing luck... it's about getting an STI (the first two were nice, safe, everyday options).

The STI is a totally different animal, that will make most anyone happy.

Congrats sunburnwilly! And this time you grabbed the quintessential Subaru blue. Nice!!

• Like 2

Just picked up yet another XPA-2 from an Emotiva forum member. Should have it delivered before the end of next week.

This will be my fourth XPA-2. Going to try running it as a monoblock with another XPA-2 but it will probably take over for my pair of UPA-1's in my bedroom.

....After which I will move those into my living room for 2.2 set up with my tv.

....Which means I will probably be moving my pair of Outlaws to the Emporium shortly.

XPA2_FRON.png?itok=-SxLFXR8

Edited by teaman
  • Like 2

Just picked up yet another XPA-2 from an Emotiva forum member. Should have it delivered before the end of next week.

This will be my fourth XPA-2. Going to try running it as a monoblock with another XPA-2 but it will probably take over for my pair of UPA-1's in my bedroom.

....After which I will move those into my living room for 2.2 set up with my tv.

....Which means I will probably be moving my pair of Outlaws to the Emporium shortly.

Congrats... plus their current sale is about to end next week. Great time to buy new, even better if you (still) have an active e-club membership.

• Like 1

I found the temptation too hard to pass up. I got this one for $500 shipped. 3.5 yrs warranty left on it as well. I figured I will try out the 1000 wpc mono mode paired with another I have in house to see how they sound and if it is overkill, I will swap them out into two separate stereo set ups.

After I get everything going i will list my Outlaw Audio amps here. Nice monoblocks but personally they fall short of the Emo XPA-2's.

Guest srobak

See - with growing up comes the benefit of no longer playing with kid's toys as well as learning from life's lessons & not repeating mistakes or expecting different outcomes (read: definition of insanity). But again - this requires growing up & breaking out of the stage of denial.

ANOTHER beater Heresy project....when will it end?????  This pair is 1978, HWO, E crossovers.  One round magnet K77 tweet blown, but everything else is good.  Cabinets are in serious need as usual....Grills in very good shape, except missing the badges, hence my post on Garage Sale.  When I pulled the backs off, the interiors were the cleanest I have ever seen....I don't think they have ever seen the light of day.  The 2uf caps were shiny as new, but I'm going to replace them anyway.  Pulled the grills and there was a fine layer of dust that I swear has been building since '78....never been touched.

100 bucks, and I only had to drive 7.5 miles to get them....bonus.  Then, I stopped at the local Goodwill store and found some pretty great old vinyl, 29 cents each, plus....my senior discount....a good day.....

• Like 1

ANOTHER beater Heresy project....when will it end?????  This pair is 1978, HWO, E crossovers.  One round magnet K77 tweet blown, but everything else is good.  Cabinets are in serious need as usual....Grills in very good shape, except missing the badges, hence my post on Garage Sale.  When I pulled the backs off, the interiors were the cleanest I have ever seen....I don't think they have ever seen the light of day.  The 2uf caps were shiny as new, but I'm going to replace them anyway.  Pulled the grills and there was a fine layer of dust that I swear has been building since '78....never been touched.

100 bucks, and I only had to drive 7.5 miles to get them....bonus.  Then, I stopped at the local Goodwill store and found some pretty great old vinyl, 29 cents each, plus....my senior discount....a good day.....

Man oh man, where are the deals like that in my neck of the woods...

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!