What I Got Today!

Brac

Some of those Magnavox stereo tube amps can sound really nice. The amp could really be worth a rebuild.

Bruce

I don't know why the selector has a spot for "stereo" unless the console has another amplifier, or has the option of using a extension speaker with it's own internal amplifier.

The amplifier in the image is a mono 6V6 push-pull unit.

One can find another mono 6V6 PP and build a pair of these...

post-4542-0-31300000-1433808004_thumb.jp

A few months ago I bought a Pro-Ject 1Xpression Carbon Classic and ordered a Pro-Ject Speed Box S to go with it. After a few weeks, it finally comes in and I rush home to hook it up. No dice. Turns out the speed control only works on AC motors. The 1Xpression motor? DC.  :angry:  I explain what happened to the salesman and he was embarrassed he didn't catch it. So embarrassed that they upgraded me to the 2Xperience Classic (it has an AC motor) for FREE and I got to keep the 1Xpression until it came in. That was back in March. Well it finally came in. :D

0108f1bc82699ffad80057a3b5cd90a583330b54

It wasn't today but I also picked up a tape deck for the hell of it. When moving to my new house 4 years ago, we had a garage sale and we sold my CD player and tape deck. Since I didn't have my tape deck anymore I gave all of my tapes to a coworker. I mentioned to him that I bought a new one and he said he still had all of my old tapes and that I could have them if I wanted them. Now I have all of my mixed tapes from the mid 90's. It's amazing how my musical "tastes" have changed. 

018ba8c13f67fccdcdd0f98ed9133482eb961a90

• Like 1

Those look more like RF-35's and an RC-25.

Look at the feet.  Reference IV style.

Bill

I thought Ref IV and the *2 II series used different feet.

Although, upon search...the third generation feet use the same as 1 and 2. 4 uses their own style, and 5 uses its own style.

I picked up these today at an estate sale. No tags but I think they are Heresy I. They need to be refoamed but the cabinets are in decent shape.

61915.jpg

There no foam required for any part of this loudspeaker. you have a PM (see top tool bar on the page click on the envelope). Welcome to the forum. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 2

so do you like them in the vertical or the horizontal position?

Ok glad you brought this up.  Tonight I will be playing around with them, last night I did program the recommended eq settings.  Which brings up a quick question, will the factory recommended settings make a difference if they are vertical or horizontal?  I know my ears will be the ones to decide, but I am just curious as I don't quite know how to read polar responses to get an idea how they would react horizontally.  I will say running the factory recommended eq settings, did make a difference in sound.  Aesthetically I think horizontally looks cooler, kind of like the K402 but with a diffraction slot.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!