What I Got Today!

Brac

*crossover warranty

initial impressions are very positive, even when compared to the battery biased ones I had (psst, there's no comparison).

Want a real eye opener, stick the originals back in as a comparison. Yikes.

I almost sold my CW's prior to the aletheias thinking this was a demon speaker, now I will NEVER sell my pair.

• Moderators

I got an angry not to happy of a wife today. I wonder what her face would have looked like if I came home with the K-Horns that were there on consignment as well?

01bcdff37b80d24473fea1b721ab5232b159bd47

last  time I bought Jubilees - my wife flipped - but when I told her that they were a gift to her - she smiled and locked mer out of the stereo room for a whole week -

Hmmm...wonder what her reaction would have been if it were MWMs with 402s.....dtel is so dang lucky!  That's all I have to say about that!

• Like 5

New crash bars for my bike:

uUjSEkS.jpg

You sir, have been holding out on me!  :o  I look at that BMW the way the speaker guys here look at the Palladium's.  :emotion-21:

Pure top of the line sexiness.  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

New crash bars for my bike:

uUjSEkS.jpg

crash bars are essential to protect ones legs and in this case the cylinders as well -just as long as they dont interfere with the cooling fins - plus these have liwuid cooling so that should be fine

• Like 1

Got my new bash plate installed:

WvcLDlRl.jpg

Now all I need are some more aggressive tires. I want to venture from the tarmac a bit more than the stock tires are capable of.

are you going to climb mountains - or just off road - nice bike - should last you a lifetime - or a million miles

I love the GS. I grew up on dirt bikes and have had lots of spills. This bike is likely going to be taking me to places where I don't want to have to walk back from. That's why I am protecting the engine so furiously. The stock bash plate is thin and small. Here is a picture for reference.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Since I didn't buy the Adventure version of the bike, it did not come with crash bars, and it's a good thing. These bars are several times stronger than stock Adventure bars.

Stock GSA bars:

Touratech%202013%20R1200GS%20(6).jpg

Alt rider bars:

uUjSEkSl.jpg

installed-altrider-crash-bars-for-the-bm

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 3

I love the GS. I grew up on dirt bikes and have had lots of spills. This bike is likely going to be taking me to places where I don't want to have to walk back from. That's why I am protecting the engine so furiously. The stock bash plate is thin and small. Here is a picture for reference.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Since I didn't buy the Adventure version of the bike, it did not come with crash bars, and it's a good thing. These bars are several times stronger than stock Adventure bars.

Stock GSA bars:

Touratech%202013%20R1200GS%20(6).jpg

Alt rider bars:

uUjSEkSl.jpg

installed-altrider-crash-bars-for-the-bm

these bikes can go to the end of the world and back in stock form - I am sure wire wheels must be lighter and would transform this bike for off road -the lighter this bike is , the further it will go -and the mechanicals will react quicker - be better on fuel -any reduction in unsprung weight is criitical -as this is a big bike  -

what a beauty you have there - I know a few guys who have the older units as Cult bikes  -hidden away -

• Like 1

I hate earbuds so much that I have been searching for a usable pair of headphones(on ear or over ear) lately.  

I recently learned about a local Radio Shack having a "going out of business" :( sale so I figured I would stop by and see if they had any crazy prices on RCA cables or HDMI cables.  Well they did have 50% off but the shelves were cleaned. I figured I would browse some more and came across these headphones marked down from $29.99 to $17.99.  I said what the heck, they had to be better than any pair of earbuds.  

You know what, they sound great, seem to be constructed well, and are comfortable on my head.  I plugged them right in to my HTC One M8 with Poweramp and played the HDtracks 2014 HighRez Sampler and was somewhat impressed but they were a bit bass heavy.  A little tweaking with Poweramps built in 10-band EQ(a little bass cut here, some midrange boost there) and now I am very impressed.  

I don't have much experience with headphones so not much to compare these to so take my review for what it's worth, not much.

Bill

post-24680-0-33340000-1430859428_thumb.j

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

Well, don't actually have yet, but will by the weekend unless inspection suggests they are shot.  A friend at our church thrift shop texted the PAW they had some speakers they want out of there, and 30.00 takes the lot.

They are Magnepan Tympani III mid/tweet panels and a pair of The Bottom End subs.  TBE subs were Ken Kriesel's original subwoofer design and were considered good mates for the Maggies. 

Haven't seen them yet, but the phone photos suggest they aren't in bad condition.  Not sure I have anything with enough power to rev them much as the Maggies want raw watts, but my Soundcraftsmen PCR 800 at 200wpc should be at least credible...though I am told these things really want to be biamped.

Pix and reports when I have them in hand.  Of course, they may fail a visual.  I am told "Don't try this at home" troubleshooting Maggies and I've no interest in reconing or whatever an antique subwoofer pair.

But you never know!  Looking forward to a bit of adventure, anyway. 

Dave

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!