What I Got Today!

Brac

House guests from abroad for three weeks

but their coming did let me get new home office furniture as I had been living with a 1990 roll top desk with the roll top replaced by plywood so my stuff would fit.

oh, and some more rain

post-19886-0-35120000-1433021207_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

A couple weeks ago had a water overflow in the motorhome that saturated the carpet and pad, thought  we got most of it out using a 5 hp shop vac, cam back home 1 hot day and whew what a smell

turns out the water brought out every old smell / stain in the carpet from the original owners,  Tear out the carpet and find lots of embedded dirt etc from the last 25 or so years

decided after seeing the 1 section it would be best to remove the other section of carpet as well, this left a low area in the living room (ISH) and the Bed Room area, turned out 11/32 finished plywood was the perfect height for a flat floor from front to back

after 3 or 4 trips looking at flooring we decided on Laminate so we now have a chestnut handscraped Laminate floor from front to back with a unique baseboard trim

The Motorhome has a LOT of odd angles and protrusions with rounded over corners making normal styles of baseboard an adventure so I thought why not try Manila Rope

I think it came out pretty Nice and it is certainly MUCH EASIER to clean

post-14548-0-94560000-1433032711_thumb.j

post-14548-0-89000000-1433032736_thumb.j

• Like 3

• Moderators

Oh wow....I love the rope!  What an awesome idea!!!!!  

I can not stand carpet...in fact, I'm trying to figure out a way to get rid of the "area" rugs have in our home.  There are two or three that are rather large, dtel vacuums them regularly.  The dust, dirt, and other crud that comes out of the rugs is disgusting.  One of the rugs is near the front door and catches a lot of dirt, without the rug all of that would be tracked throughout the house.  The other large rug is in the living area.  The grand kids all like to gather and play in that area, so I'm just not comfortable getting rid of it.

Love the floors, love the rope...what a unique idea!

We have very little carpet in our house now. The pink that had been in the house was removed before we saw the house. Still use a huge oriental rug in living room, and a newer vacuum really help with it. Only part we hate and haven't been able to remove yet is carpet in the kitchen... What were they thinking ??? We're not crazy about laminates, so it will be tile or hardwood.

The rope is cool, Joe!

Bruce

The Motorrhome also had very little height in places because they used recesseed panels so Had to use something shorter.  I am also not a fan of Laminate but funds dictated the type floor it was Laminate or vinyl tile.  I could not find a vinyl tile that did not look cheapish so we went with laminate

after the rope went down I was much happier with the appearance the wife took credit for the idea  (she does that alot  :D )  Kind of a running joke, everything that works out was her doing if its a flop it was mine :o

• Like 1

same thing as a server... just not as big of a storage space and I can surf the web and take it on trips.

I want to see how sound quality changes before going with a big nas... if I go that way.

Edited by Schu

there ARE a lot of dedicated Music servers around... I just put much stock in the computer portion of that equation. for me it would seem more about software, interconnection protocols and whether or not you want a stand alone unit versus a modular designed set up.

for now, modular is the way I am going.

Pioneer receiver and OPPO blu-ray to replace the Panasonics.

attachicon.gifGearStackRS.jpg

Big isolation transformer to protect it all....arrived on it's own little pallet.  :lol::emotion-21:   Finally, a calibrated mic from Cross-Spectrum Labs to round out the analyzer / recording unit.

attachicon.gifNewGear1RS.jpg

The feet on the OPPO are not stock are they?  If not, where did you acquire them?  Thanks!

Well...since my Plantronics Bluetooth piece is just that...a piece...I finally bought a pair of new earphones for the workout sessions, and I gotta say...I usually can't tell a difference in earphones, but the R6's are pretty damn nice. Though, I could have lived without the pricetag. $80 is just...a lot for earphones...

Nice.

:emotion-22: Bottoms up.

Jim, I picked up my "audiophile-grade equipment risers" at the hardware store. They are 3/4" black PVC (Marlex, IIRC) couplings. From what I gather, they're typically used for irrigation or large-scale aquarium installs.

attachicon.gifPVCcoupler.JPG

i use either cork bottle stoppers or cork coffee mug coasters from Ikea. :)

Nice.

:emotion-22: Bottoms up.

Jim, I picked up my "audiophile-grade equipment risers" at the hardware store. They are 3/4" black PVC (Marlex, IIRC) couplings. From what I gather, they're typically used for irrigation or large-scale aquarium installs.

attachicon.gifPVCcoupler.JPG

OK, well, that's cool!  They look pretty darn good.  As far as cork goes, I'm pretty sure I have saved enough corks over the last 30 years or so to build a boat....

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!