What I Got Today!

Brac

7020C4_Front.jpg

7020C4_Rear.jpg

Just got my Sherbourn PT7020c4 delivered. Not even sure where I am going to use it yet. Could not pass up getting one brand new in the box for $115.

Where and how did you get that NIB?

Mark

Yeah Mark, jadedesign....the parent company of Emotiva just offered up 25 or so of them they found in their warehouse under their Ebay shop of the same name. No way I could pass that deal up. I know one guy on the Emotiva forum that picked up four of them. MSRP was over $2k when they were out. $115 was nuts!

Ah... Teaman did you put a shout out here for all your Klipsch buddies to get in on this? Well at least 24 of us!

Placed my order on some Antipodes Reference Interconnects and speaker cables last night , they are being made now and will ship in 10 days .... I started out with the Antipodes Komako line which are already awesome

I know allot of people don't believe in high end cables and its a bad subject on forums but antipodes offers 60 days to try  if not happy return for refund , if looking for a good cable the Komako is 80-90 % of the reference in sound .

http://www.antipodesaudio.com/antipodes_online_shop_row.html

That leather feel on the side of those phones always made me feel special. :lol:

Some nice looking phones though indeed. :D

I'm gonna sound like an idiot here, but I've run my finger down the leather a few times already.  Just a sweet added touch to the sides of them.  They did a nice job in picking the materials and in the design. 

They should look nice...they were yours!  :D   Enjoy the Image Ones.

Haha, for sure. :) Stuff that enters my "inventory" usually leaves in the same or better shape. I remember commenting how nice the box even was when I got it - it's why the phones were always double cased...it just made sense to me.

Image One's, you know...at $86 shipped, I think I got a steal on them. I had toyed with the idea of looking at another pair of Pioneer's or some Senny's, but those Reference One's made it difficult for me to look elsewhere. The only complaint I ever had with them was that darn 3 conductor connector mucking up my ability to extend the range of the phones. lol

Well, Brian isn't the only one with a new pair of phones this week. USPS dropped this off today...4 days early!!!

Landed them on clearance too, so the price was just too good to pass up...regardless of how much no money I have.

post-58712-0-16620000-1437847615_thumb.j

• Like 1

My first impressions honestly are that they significantly less boomy than the Reference One's. It's taken some ear adjustments to them, but I'm finding that the bass is just much cleaner. The growling of the bass line in some of the tracks (where it's supposed to be earth shattering) makes the teeth chatter a bit, and truthfully I'll probably still be shaking my head tomorrow. The highs are ridiculously clear and revealing of a typical Klipsch product - perhaps double-time on the Reference, certainly about 100x over the R6's I have.

I'm giving them an endurance test right now to see how fast they fatigue me. The Reference One's lasted me about 100 minutes before I would have to take them off and breathe, so that's my benchmark for these. That being said, the over-the-ear style is definitely for me. My head is enjoying the comfort of them over the Reference. The noise cancellation of course is...pishaw...amazing.

I'm about five minutes into my duration test as of writing this. We'll see.

Not sure how I have missed this cool thread but here is my new addition:

image.jpg1_3.jpg

Congrats! Despite today's cellphone world—Horology will always be alive & well.

Mechanical: Mainspring Purists

Mechanical Automatic: Self-winding

Quartz: Far more accurate than Mech or Auto

Atomic Timekeeping: Uber precision

Digital: Men & Women in Military & in Blue  Tested/Approved 

Tourbillion: Combating gravity cool

I own them all. Enjoy your RW.

• Like 1

Asus RT-N66U for my core router and garage/office wifi

Asus RT-AC68U for my primary access point in the house

Asus RT-10NP for connecting a raspberry pi in the furthest point of the house in client bridge mode.

I've got gigE connectivity to my NAS, my 2-channel mac mini, and connecting the detached garage/office to the main house.

Here's a fresh bandwidth test from this morning with the new gear in place, through my wireless ISP  :)

attachicon.gif4523223797.png

Referring to the image with a ping of 4ms, what's up with that?  Do you live next door to your ISP provider?  :blink:

I've got decent numbers at 50 down 5 up with a ping of 9ms on a good day, but your 72 Mbps upload makes me think my ISP is holding out on me.

+++

Edit:  Nevermind to my question.  I just found your reply further downstream to that original post.  I wasn't far off with my guess!

It doesn't hurt that it's my brother-in-law's business and I get free, uncapped bandwidth for hosting one of his towers and that I'm the first hop from his fiber demarcation point. :P

Edited by wvu80

Asus RT-N66U for my core router and garage/office wifi

Asus RT-AC68U for my primary access point in the house

Asus RT-10NP for connecting a raspberry pi in the furthest point of the house in client bridge mode.

I've got gigE connectivity to my NAS, my 2-channel mac mini, and connecting the detached garage/office to the main house.

Here's a fresh bandwidth test from this morning with the new gear in place, through my wireless ISP  :)

attachicon.gif4523223797.png

Referring to the image with a ping of 4ms, what's up with that?  Do you live next door to your ISP provider?  :blink:

I've got decent numbers at 50 down 5 up with a ping of 9ms on a good day, but your 72 Mbps upload makes me think my ISP is holding out on me.

Like I said, my brother in law runs a wireless ISP out here in the boonies and I host one of his relay towers. My tower happens to be the first hop from his fiber closet, and he gives me free/uncapped bandwidth in exchange for real estate. i'm certainly suffering. :P

• Like 1

Picked up a pair of mint condition RB-5 ii's and a mint RC-3 ii (no tears, no broken pegs, no scratches). $100 on Craigslist. Older couple (late 60's early 70's) just moved here from central California an replaced their home theatre with a soundbar.

Wanted them gone. Pictures were terrible and no model numbers listed but upon arriving they looked brand new.

Have wanted to hear these since I started collecting RF-5's. They do not disappoint. They will be replacing my RB-600's on my secondary system.

Poorly lit picture attached.

IMG_2849_zpsilx0sgwh.jpg

• Like 4

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!