What I Got Today!

Brac

Asus RT-N66U for my core router and garage/office wifi

Asus RT-AC68U for my primary access point in the house

Asus RT-10NP for connecting a raspberry pi in the furthest point of the house in client bridge mode.

I've got gigE connectivity to my NAS, my 2-channel mac mini, and connecting the detached garage/office to the main house.

Here's a fresh bandwidth test from this morning with the new gear in place, through my wireless ISP  :)

attachicon.gif4523223797.png

You beat my upload but I favor the 'downloads'. I get 40-50 mpbs down to the iPad wirelessly

post-19886-0-82700000-1438213664_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

Guest srobak

I guess i should have stipulated, ONLY factory mounts. there is that better? Ever hear of Liabilty?

It is not rocket science to buy & install some halfway proper anchors. As those Klipsch are constructed properly - you don't have to worry about the anchors ripping out. For others - some additional bracing may be necessary - but is still not rocket science.

Okay, I actually found yet another LS I on eBay, at the right price.  This will make a total of four.  This particular unit is a little rougher then the other three, but I am confident that Greg Roberts will be able to bring it back (given that he has managed to restore professional units with the hand-holds in the sides!).

Here it is:

$_57.JPG

Wish me luck!  I am already bothering Greg with stupid questions, which he has shown a remarkable amount of patience in answering.  We will wait until his move is complete before delivering the speakers to his new location and starting the gut-rehab.

Well, I picked up the speaker today, and I have to say it's actually MUCH nicer in person than the pics on the eBay listing indicated. Yay me!

The chain in the pics is unsightly, for sure, but once removed I am certain Greg will have no problems patching it up. The wood is all solid, and the various drivers that are visible look good, too.

I'll post up in a new thread once they are all delivered to Greg.

• Like 1

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance

i used that line in a staff meeting once.  The Division Chief was going around the table asking everyone if they had their status reports…i said, “No; but, i did save a lot of money on my auto insurance.”  Everyone laughed…except the boss. 

Edited by BigStewMan

i used that line in a staff meeting once. The Division Chief was going around the table asking everyone if they had their status reports…i said, “No; but, i did save a lot of money on my auto insurance.” Everyone laughed…except the boss.
I've gotten a bit snarky myself lately, but everyone is afraid of the new VP over the dept. and don't seem to appreciate my sense of humor.

Bruce

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!