What I Got Today!

Brac

8 minutes ago, babadono said:

@Invidiosulus How do you like that horn, STH100? 30 db down at 20 KHz? The graph is a little hard to read.

Sorry, it cropped funny when I grabbed a screenshot from REW and I’m running out of space on here to upload larger pics.

The right edge of the graph is actually 24kHz.

It’s only about 2dB down at 20kHz.

I like the horn a lot.

I had used these horns previously with some Celestion CDX1-1412 neo drivers which are absolutely fantastic and were really flat out to 21kHz.

The celestion drivers were a smaller 2 bolt pattern and would bolt on without drilling a new set of mounting holes on this horn.

I ended up moving the Celestion drivers into my KP-250 when they needed new tweeters and I’ve been on the lookout for something else that could get to 20kHz that could bolt onto the STH100.

So far I’m pretty happy with the D220ti.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, babadono said:

cheapest house in a nice neighborhood:)

not after you put in all that damn work... as a matter of fact, was it even a house before you bought it? 😛

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received two PWK 100th Birthday Champagne Glasses that I surprisingly won in Coytee's Giveaway. In the picture they are displayed on each side of my Carver Coasters that I won in Jim Clark’s Giveaway on the Carver Audio Forum. Jim is Director of Operations for Bob Carver LLC and the coasters that I won are the prototype for the ones they are now selling through Bob’s Company.

Thanks again for the great Giveaway @Coytee! The glasses are on permanent display, so I’ll see them every night when I watch/listen to Concert DVD’s. I think tonight it will be the Blu-ray PULSE Concert by Pink Floyd. I should have used a different background for the picture to display the glasses better, oh well!

GiveawayPWKChampagneGlasses-IMG_1256Resize01.thumb.jpg.6ce61867e6981dafad1d4f55d4d4781a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Buck115 said:

I think tonight it will be the Blu-ray PULSE Concert by Pink Floyd.

A bit of irony....

I attended that show when they brought it to Nashville ('94).  It ALSO happened to be the answer to the question (when I first bought the Underground Jubilee's)

"What will/should be the first thing I listen to"

I didn't have these glasses then but had I, I'm sure they'd now be thinking "Gee, do these dudes EVER listen to ANYTHING else in life????"

Glad they arrived unscathed.

:emotion-21:

• Like 3

Those were certainly a nice pairing.  I was eyeballing them myself but I'm going to have to start downsizing "stuff" sitting around here.  I know your've got that grin on.  Now ya just go up the ladder or not.  Either way you're set.  Congrats!  A wise move imo.  :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Coytee said:

A bit of irony....

I didn't have these glasses then but had I, I'm sure they'd now be thinking "Gee, do these dudes EVER listen to ANYTHING else in life????"

Us old dudes know what's good!!!! 👍

It was cool watching the Pink Floyd PULSE DVD last night and looking over at the Klipsch glasses. 5.1 Klipsch Surround and Klipsch glasses; doesn’t get any better. No Champagne, just my typical Music and Merlot session last night. It's great that they do the complete "Dark Side of the Moon" album for that concert. However, I usually skip over "The Great Gig In The Sky", just can't handle about six minutes of screeching! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2024 at 9:40 AM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

@codewritinfool, I have had these Walnut SMAHL for a while. Thanks @Dave A

I got them out and oiled them last night. @ClaudeJ1, I will be installing them on my first pair of SH 1.5 build. 
IMG_9430.thumb.JPG.b887dd5a331f4c35fcd0a698480e297f.JPG

I have 2 pairs in my Walnut SH 1.0's with E networks w/refreshed caps of the same value. Maybe SH 1.1 would be more appropriate, since not raising the horns up to a Cornwall b2 Network level (and the leads are already reversed for the horns). This (built in the E network) polarity change gets better phase response and creates a better sounding version vs. my original with the less attenuated horns. I should have never commented that it was, effectively, a "b" Network with reversed polarity. 

The confusion it created was unnecessary and the KISS rule should have been applied. The less you do to an E network Heresy, the better it is. My bad on that note.

• Like 1