What I Got Today!

Brac

Actually Dave, my wife accepts my systems in every room. Better that you bring them over here!

LOL!  Thanks a lot Tim, you're a pal!  I'll drive them right up!

As long as you can tell me it's 80 degrees and sunny where you are.  :D

Actually Dave, my wife accepts my systems in every room. Better that you bring them over here!

LOL!  Thanks a lot Tim, you're a pal!  I'll drive them right up!

As long as you can tell me it's 80 degrees and sunny where you are.  :D

Well...kind of. About 25 degrees here tonight.

How about this....You bring the speakers and I'll supply the beer!

• Like 1

Hey Dave I got in the LaScala club almost 25 years ago.....my wife found em in the Sunday paper...she said "what are Klipsch LaScala's"

When she saw and heard them....she was like yea....I like em....let's get em.....

My wife...AKA ....MKP's BOSS.....she's great......

Oh and of course....congrats on the LaScala's my man....

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Hey Dave I got in the LaScala club almost 25 years ago.....my wife found em in the Sunday paper...she said "what are Klipsch LaScala's"

When she saw and heard them....she was like yea....I like em....let's get em.....

My wife...AKA ....MKP's BOSS.....she's great......

Oh and of course....congrats on the LaScala's my man....

MKP :-)

I keep looking at the little girl in your avatar.  Look at my LaScala's and think "NO WAY".  That's not a lot of room for a kid to be sitting in.          :huh:

Oh, back to the topic!

• Like 2

Started on the office renovations today. I wasn't the first one in, otherwise I would have gotten a before picture. Two desks should be on my doorstep tomorrow, and painting will then start. I spent most of yesterday making up the electrical manifest for handing off to the insurance company. Built the tower today though, so that looks good, at least we kind of have tunes now while we work. Expecting this to be about 2 weeks long.

Will post pictures tomorrow.

initial setup and listening is quite favorable! they pair well with my tube amp. they were a bit tall on the desk, so I removed the bases (4 easy screws each) and rotated to their sides with some ikea cork coasters underneath to lift them up a bit and provide some surface "isolation", much like i had the old Cornwalls with the tweeter on the outside, woofer on the inside, and toed in to the listening position.really nice imaging. they're a little weak on the bass for about 10% of my music collection, but otherwise are perfectly sufficient in that regard. good fit and finish all around.. I'm using them as a near-field desktop solution, but I could see these as a perfectly acceptable component in someone's living room, especially with a hearty subwoofer.

• Like 1

initial setup and listening is quite favorable! they pair well with my tube amp. they were a bit tall on the desk, so I removed the bases (4 easy screws each) and rotated to their sides with some ikea cork coasters underneath to lift them up a bit and provide some surface "isolation", much like i had the old Cornwalls with the tweeter on the outside, woofer on the inside, and toed in to the listening position.really nice imaging. they're a little weak on the bass for about 10% of my music collection, but otherwise are perfectly sufficient in that regard. good fit and finish all around.. I'm using them as a near-field desktop solution, but I could see these as a perfectly acceptable component in someone's living room, especially with a hearty subwoofer.

What no camera? -_-

Joined the monoblock society today...just need to get the silver trim plates off. Suckers are in there tight, and the screws on the left side are frayed. Still...the center will get pulled off of the receiver when I get it all set up and 3 of the 5 fronts will be running on their own amps at least. :D

post-58712-0-48820000-1457563546_thumb.j

• Like 1

Joined the monoblock society today...just need to get the silver trim plates off. Suckers are in there tight, and the screws on the left side are frayed. Still...the center will get pulled off of the receiver when I get it all set up and 3 of the 5 fronts will be running on their own amps at least. :D

attachicon.gifDSC00395.JPG

For your next upgrade I will have to sell you my XPA-1....hahaha

• Like 1

I have a tempting offer for a pair of XPA-1's again but I am trying to resist the urge.

I have owned five of the UPA-1's and a UPA-2. For an entry level product they sure sound nice. Sorry to hear bout the buzz by the way. Thankfully, I have never had anything buzzing in the large quantity of Emotiva products I have owned.

Edited by teaman

What no camera? -_-

here..

DSCF0484.jpg

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!