What I Got Today!

Brac

Since some people seemed to enjoy the treehouse pics, here's the mostly finished product, just got done.  Have to finish off the post caps, install a hinged trap door over the ladder area, hit several things with additional screws, and install some lag and carriage bolts.  Otherwise the vast majority is done, it's just details at this point.  On the bottom will be a huge sand pit.  

12512684_10153698279144401_7440467987165

View from the top.  Doesn't look like it but that furthest tree line is over 1 mile away.  That first set of trees out in the field is over 1/2 mile.  We are going to put some 3-D archery targets and build an R/C truck track in the open area of my yard that it overlooks, that's where my septic lines are, just wasted space that I can't do anything with anyway.  Unfortunately I could not figure out how to make the balusters perfectly symmetrical so I have a couple of goofy things going on.  Hopefully nobody will notice unless I point it out.  Bottom story turned out better but I had to do the top differently.  

12916300_10153698335329401_2692526392037

You are correct, that first tree line doesn't look anything near 1/2 mile to me.

My best friend farms over 4,500 acres and I have taken a dear at 589 yards before with a single shot. I own a pair of 10x 42mm Leica Geovid 1,500 yard range finder binoculars.

At the very least, we could set up some long range targets and have some fun plinking! :D

Roger

• Like 1

You are correct, that first tree line doesn't look anything near 1/2 mile to me.

We may be talking about two different things. The actual first obvious tree line just past that evergreen is a fence row, that's probably right at 75 yards.

If you look just to the left of the top of that evergreen, you'll see some trees out in the field, that's where I was talking about. There are more trees hidden behind the evergreen that you can't see.

The 1 mile point is pretty much as far as you can see there.

This is basically what you're looking at, treehouse would be on the bottom center.  In the middle there is just a grown up ditch.  I measured 800 yards to the clump of trees to the right of it.  Although, upon looking back, it doesn't make sense to me either, maybe I screwed up.  

field%202_zpscl7abnqz.jpg

My best friend farms over 4,500 acres and I have taken a dear at 589 yards before with a single shot.

Yeah I can't do that. :) There's some guys in my home town that can, one is a veterinarian and friend of my dad's, he goes to 600 yard competitions all the time. The other is I guy I went to school with, Jeremy Parker, he won the military division at the yearly Mammoth sniper challenge about 5 years ago.

At the very least, we could set up some long range targets and have some fun plinking! :D

Shoot yeah, come over any time. This is my neighbor's field but just in my yard we can get a 1/4 mile shot in. :) My family actually owns 450 acres near Madisonville KY though, lots of rolling hills and you can see forever, you'd like shooting out there.

I'm actually going to have to move my mini-range due to this thing.  The big one on the left is an MGM spinner, it's harder than it looks:

http://mgmtargets.com/gravity-moving/spinner

10599123_10153630098214401_9176463335196

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 3

We may be talking about two different things. The actual first obvious tree line just past that evergreen is a fence row, that's probably right at 75 yards.

If you look just to the left of the top of that evergreen, you'll see some trees out in the field, that's where I was talking about. There are more trees hidden behind the evergreen that you can't see.

The 1 mile point is pretty much as far as you can see there.

This is basically what you're looking at, treehouse would be on the bottom center.  In the middle there is just a grown up ditch.  I measured 800 yards to the clump of trees to the right of it.  Although, upon looking back, it doesn't make sense to me either, maybe I screwed up.  

field%202_zpscl7abnqz.jpg

My best friend farms over 4,500 acres and I have taken a dear at 589 yards before with a single shot.

Yeah I can't do that. :) There's some guys in my home town that can, one is a veterinarian and friend of my dad's, he goes to 600 yard competitions all the time. The other is I guy I went to school with, Jeremy Parker, he won the military division at the yearly Mammoth sniper challenge about 5 years ago.

Shoot yeah, come over any time. This is my neighbor's field but just in my yard we can get a 1/4 mile shot in. :) My family actually owns 450 acres near Madisonville KY though, lots of rolling hills and you can see forever, you'd like shooting out there.

I'm actually going to have to move my mini-range due to this thing.  The big one on the left is an MGM spinner, it's harder than it looks:

http://mgmtargets.com/gravity-moving/spinner

10599123_10153630098214401_9176463335196

My best friends son has a bolt action .50 BMG that I think would put a nice spin on that target. I own three 7mm rifles and three .30 cals, but that thing looks pretty heavy duty :)

Roger

• Like 1

Dismantling old equipment to throw out what I don't want... I would love to get the tech specs on these mic input transformers, as I have a plan for them. This came out of an '80s Peavey p.a. mixer. They were built like tanks and heavy to move around, but they worked pretty good at the time. All the jacks were US made Switchcraft.

Bruce

post-5045-0-02840000-1459990619_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel

The ultimate in Amarican laziness!

An app to control the new bed while reading eBooks on the iPad

TEMPUR-Ergo Grand been checking it out

If you are a Temper buying neophyte, as we were, be very cautious and thorough. E.V.E.R.T.H.I.N.G. comes a-la-cart. Ensure you get quoted ON INVOICE what you agreed down to and including leg height. Long story but we showed the salesman exactly what we wanted based on research, feel of mattress and price. We stated that we want "this one right here as put together without the headboard". 4 days later and an additional $3000 we got what we wanted.

Problem sir? You didn't flip the price tag over and read that the set came with lessor adjustable foundations. No, I did not read the f'ing fine print on the back of the price tag I simply stated that I wanted you to give me a price as it sat!

BTW, if you want legs that will be another $400. Much like some instances in the audio world (an others), Tempur only allows sells at MRSP; the store gets around that by giving store product kick-backs; shop for the kick-backs

VERY good sounding deal at first and in reality it was fair but we were bamboozled by the salesman by thinking we were getting something other than what we originally got. Return and buy from another store? Came close but in the end we paid 3K more than explained but 300 less than available at others due to agravation.

Since some people seemed to enjoy the treehouse pics, here's the mostly finished product, just got done.  Have to finish off the post caps, install a hinged trap door over the ladder area, hit several things with additional screws, and install some lag and carriage bolts.  Otherwise the vast majority is done, it's just details at this point.  On the bottom will be a huge sand pit.  

12512684_10153698279144401_7440467987165

View from the top.  Doesn't look like it but that furthest tree line is over 1 mile away.  That first set of trees out in the field is over 1/2 mile.  We are going to put some 3-D archery targets and build an R/C truck track in the open area of my yard that it overlooks, that's where my septic lines are, just wasted space that I can't do anything with anyway.  Unfortunately I could not figure out how to make the balusters perfectly symmetrical so I have a couple of goofy things going on.  Hopefully nobody will notice unless I point it out.  Bottom story turned out better but I had to do the top differently.  

12916300_10153698335329401_2692526392037

Needs a moat!

and a drawbridge

• Like 3

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!