What I Got Today!

Brac

I bought a new Dell PC today. I am a sucker for sales and with the already discounted Dell Outlet price plus an additional 35% off with coupon I got a a nicely equipped tower, keyboard and mouse. It was too hard to pass up  with a price tag under $300. Looks like delivery end of next week. Happy happy!

Edited by teaman
  • Like 1

I received my Klipsch reproduction grill tags today from Ebay. They actually look pretty good. I wasn't sure what to expect but overall they look acceptable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Heresy-Cornwall-Reproduction-Badges-/152066966878?hash=item2367e5c55e:g:iV4AAOSwU0RXHX9V

Here is the link if anyone else is looking for them.

Tim

Edited by teaman

Thanks to suggestions from the Budget Soldering Station thread, I pulled the trigger and got this Hako FX-88D today.  I made a quick trip to the Speaker Ranch to figure out how to use it and Mustang Guy told me he was was scheduled to get its big brother delivered later in the day.  I left before it got there, so I'm hoping it came in.

post-58280-0-64800000-1461989811_thumb.j

Craig gave me good soldering tips, suggesting I not hold the actual soldering iron itself by the hot end.  Point well taken.   :D   :emotion-21:

I tried to return the favor by explaining to him the best way to set up a nearfield computer speaker setup which I'm sure I didn't explain very well because my computer speakers are CF-4's.  As you guys know, I'm not real good with words. 

post-58280-0-64400000-1461989794_thumb.j

I'm expecting to put together five Overnight Sensation DIY kits in the next few weeks and fix some crossovers on another of my DIY crossover misadventures.  My goal is to to learn to solder at least well enough to get two of the speaker kits working properly. 

Aim high!

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3

Thanks to suggestions from the Budget Soldering Station thread, I pulled the trigger and got this Hako FX-88D today.  I made a quick trip to the Speaker Ranch to figure out how to use it and Mustang Guy told me he was was scheduled to get its big brother delivered later in the day.  I left before it got there, so I'm hoping it came in.

attachicon.gifIMG_4672.JPG

Craig gave me good soldering tips, suggesting I not hold the actual soldering iron itself by the hot end.  Point well taken.   :D   :emotion-21:

I tried to return the favor by explaining to him the best way to set up a nearfield computer speaker setup which I'm sure I didn't explain very well because my computer speakers are CF-4's.  As you guys know, I'm not real good with words. 

attachicon.gifIMG_4670.JPG

I'm expecting to put together five Overnight Sensation DIY kits in the next few weeks and fix some crossovers on another of my DIY crossover misadventures.  My goal is to to learn to solder at least well enough to get two of the speaker kits working properly. 

Aim high!

Hey, cool receiver!

Hey, cool receiver!

LOL!  I knew what you'd be looking for! 

With the Sherbourn SR-120 pumping a true 125 watts into each channel, you can hear the CF-4's pretty well from the main listening position.   :)

• Like 1

Hey, cool receiver!

LOL!  I knew what you'd be looking for! 

With the Sherbourn SR-120 pumping a true 125 watts into each channel, you can hear the CF-4's pretty well from the main listening position.   :)

I can almost hear them from here!

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG_4672.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4670.JPG

Aim high!

You will grow to love that little soldering station.

• Like 1

Picked these Forte II's up locally this morning. $300.00 (summer project). sending passives out to be redone and I will do a top to bottom restore. Going to need to find some space in the

K warehouse when they are done (That's what the wife calls it anyway).

G.E.M.

post-36197-0-57360000-1462038861_thumb.j

• Like 3

Yes. Those are winter tires. Bought a wheel and tire package 4 years ago. VMR 701. The foam and circular cardboard are between each rim. The rims they protect are my summer rims..... Yes I am over protective. All that foam/circular cardboard came with the wheel and tire package. Kept them as in between coasters.

G.E.M

• Like 3

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!