What I Got Today!

Brac

I think the key to a long life with the Li-Ion batteries is to keep them charged. They do not like to be completely withdrawn of energy. They are a great choice though, especially when weight savings is key, like on a bike. Ballistic makes a good one also.

I thought Li-ion batterers still should be discharged completely every so often to avoid the memory effect?  And work really well in high drain devices such as digital cameras better than say a non-rechargeable standard Duracell, Energizer (go Bunny... go bunny) or Ray-o-Vac?  

I may be getting my thoughts mixed up with the older nickel metal hydride or whatever they are, or the new lithium polymer?  

Lead acid batteries such as standard car, motorcycle, and lawn tractor batteries really need to be kept fully charged, I think.  

The non-rechargeable and expensive lithium batteries are much better below freezing which will either freeze or drain more standard batteries.

YMMV  just my 0.2 db   sleep has been very elusive as of late.

Gawd Shu that movie scared the shitt out me when I was a kid. Movies on TV was big deal back then and that movie broke new ground for sci-fi in movies on home TV. Pretty corny by today's standards but scare as hell when I was 10 or so.

Cool -

Indeed.

You know, when I watch vintage movies I am very careful to not judge them with the eye of a modern movie goer... I try my best to look at them with the vision of the makers of that era. I love old movies!

This is not a litho, its an actual multi-color screen print... like I said, its actually art.

Gee thanks Shu.... now I won't be able to sleep for another 1/2 of day or so.... not really I'm about to the crash and burn phase.  20 mg of pure melotonin.  Some Valerian root.  Need to add some carbs, with a shot of  margarita mix to aid things along.  And just to be safe, put on some nice chillaxin' music.... The Acoustic Sleeping Pill (Acousitc Alchemy, I think back on the case, is quite good but at low levels............. and well, picturing the dadburned cover makes me yawn.EXCELLENT SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!    Practicing in case Kokomo Mantis FC semi professional soccer team calls me in as replacement soccer (the real football to oh, the rest of the world except the Aussies, as well, the feet are used very little in conjunction with the ball in Football Americain as the French would put it).  So I can scream GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! into the microphone...  

AWESOME PPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSTTEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

p.s.   Isn't a lithograph considered art?  More a high quality reproduction but signed and numbered by the original artists can be very valuable.... Yeah.  This is a whole magnitude cooler.... and valuable.  

I think the key to a long life with the Li-Ion batteries is to keep them charged. They do not like to be completely withdrawn of energy. They are a great choice though, especially when weight savings is key, like on a bike. Ballistic makes a good one also.

Don't let a lead car battery to fully discharge either. They never fully recover again if you do. I got 12 years out of the battery on my BMW by keeping it on the low flow on demand trickle-charger.

Don't let a lead car battery to fully discharge either. They never fully recover again if you do. I got 12 years out of the battery on my BMW by keeping it on the low flow on demand trickle-charger.

Yea, I got 12 years out of a stock battery on a Honda motorcycle, used a Battery Tender in the winter.

Congrats Dave!

Does the door on the right usually stay closed?

Thanks!  I'm really pretty happy with the way things have turned out.  It's been an exciting couple of days!

+++

I don't think we've used the front door in the 20 years we've lived there.  We always go through the side door where the cars are parked.  In that time it always had a couch in front of it, a hutch, always something.  It's a weird house design that made just awful use of the space.

Yea, I got 12 years out of a stock battery on a Honda motorcycle, used a Battery Tender in the winter.

That's the brand I use. Even have a smaller one which I hooked up to my Honda snowblower's 12V battery when I put it away yesterday.

• Like 1

$260 worth of Weber gas grill parts to overhaul the beast.  New burners (7) and a new set of "drip bars"  not cheap, but after 10+ years, it's time.  I don't think it's going to sound any better, but maybe I need to add a sub. :P  :P

Completed piecing together my George Wright 2a3 monoblocs with his 12a tube preamp. All acquired from the same enthusiast with many pieces of George's gear. His speaker of choice with the Wrights is Tannoy. For too long I had my doubts that the 2a3 could satisfy or push my Khorns to satisfying levels, I was mistaken by a long shot. Some time ago our friend Paul79 eluded to the superior sonics of tubes, to which I concurred. Multiply those sentiments several fold with this Wright 2a3 single ended gear. Superb. 

A tip of my hat to the late George Wright.

post-12470-0-23240000-1462558949_thumb.j

• Like 1

Completed piecing together my George Wright 2a3 monoblocs with his 12a tube preamp. All acquired from the same enthusiast with many pieces of George's gear. His speaker of choice with the Wrights is Tannoy. For too long I had my doubts that the 2a3 could satisfy or push my Khorns to satisfying levels, I was mistaken by a long shot. Some time ago our friend Paul79 eluded to the superior sonics of tubes, to which I concurred. Multiply those sentiments several fold with this Wright 2a3 single ended gear. Superb. 

A tip of my hat to the late George Wright.

George built some great sounding amps.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!