What I Got Today!

Brac

Hollow core interior door... the fastest, cheapest, and easiest way to get a sturdy 34x80" work surface. Legs came from an Ikea desk system thing. Once I'm sure it'll fully suit my needs I'll probably dismantle and sand/stain/oil. The legs are raw wood as well and I can paint or stain if I choose.

Edited by Thaddeus Smith

so I removed the bases (4 easy screws each)

Nice to know they're removable.  Increases the chance I'll own an RP pair in the future.

Congratulations on your purchase!

yup, 4 wood screws on the bottom. No glue or anything, so you're left with just 4 small slightly raised up where the screw bite raised the laminate. certainly not a deal killer. and since they run the full depth of the speaker I actually just placed them under the sideways for a slight upward angle.

Bit of a story to todays unwrappings...

Earlier last month I left the pet store and took up a job at a local mom and pop "chain" store that's only in this part of the state and one store across the river. It's a video game store. Along with some of the employees there, I've been able to do some inventory on some of the stuff I got when I was younger and some of it was quite pricey...for example, four PS2 games of mine are worth $400 on their own. I have two Wii games still left that are collectively worth $200. And the DS games I have come up to around $600. Granted, I did not pay that amount of cash for any of this stuff new...

So after some careful research of items of new things that came out, I selected what you see below from Amazon, as they were a great deal...

post-58712-0-26240000-1457979936_thumb.j

One of the two Wii games I own is an earlier copy of Fire Emblem...and the series has historically high residual value, usually $90-$200 above it's retail after three years. The bottom one in the picture, Conquest actually is already fetching $75 on Amazon from some retailers, and the game was only released 10 days ago. I'll probably keep one to play...but one is never going to get taken out of the wrapping.

The other game, I'm gambling with. The last game that came out historically doubled in price after 20 months used. I managed to get this copy for half the original MSRP, and am banking on the same thing. No risk in me playing it either as I will be without a PlayStation 4 until Ace Combat 7 shows up.

Now my next project, finding Pokémon Gameboy Color cartridges to go with my boxes...some of those are selling upwards of $800 right now...

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!