What I Got Today!

Brac

Off the grid (somewhat), turned off cable and land line. I was the only one in the house watching 'live' TV so bought / replaced the kids and wife a cell phone and I watch TV from OTA antenna. Cable bill went from $206 to $54 keeping just 300 down / 20 up internet. I was paying an additional $140 for the wife's flip phone (no data), son's cell and my iPad data plan. So I went from $346 to $175 for 4 cells and I hotspot my iPad to any of our cells which allow 14 gig a month each for hot spot. Cost a bit to buy the phones outright but I like having the ability to fire the provider if they suck.

Fence done, dog arrived (first vet bill today) and I am Jonesing for all the equipment I see for sale. Nice to see my son who was computer bound out running in the yard with his pup.

Here we have a shot of a boy and his dog taking a nap on the patio

post-19886-0-53240000-1459305832_thumb.j

• Like 9

Just ordered one of these little guys for my kids.  I'm building them a treehouse but it's like 100 yards away from the house.  Was wanting to install some CP-6's but running that much wire out there seemed pretty stupid.  This should work out nicely, they can just bring it out there with them then bring it back in and recharge it.  

http://www.klipsch.com/products/groove-portable-bluetooth-speaker

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 2

I wish I had a treehouse... :(

Come over and enjoy the view. :) This one is a double decker, top deck starts at 14' up and overlooks a 300 acre field.  This weekend I have to screw these deck boards down and build a ladder to the second story.  

12440401_10153674949759401_3434288725952

12744689_10153674959119401_5071994678812

12832532_10153630126164401_3625623198203

6796_10153630202734401_54046899456340394

• Like 3

where's the tree part?

Looks like a bunch of dead pine trees stuck in the ground to me. :)

We actually went round and round with this.  My land was an empty field but abandoned for about 15 years, so all the trees are very young.  The only tree that was large enough to bolt something to it was over 4' in diameter and seemed to have a rotten core.  Just didn't seem very safe.  We found a spot that was sandwiched in between two decent but younger trees plus my plum orchard.  They'll have to deal with it.  

DR650GW-2CH-FRONT-(5).jpg

1 channel 1080p @ 30fps... I love it.

I'm not sure what I'm looking at….but it looks nice :D

A camera with a built in level, is that a mounting bracket?

Dashcam... its eye opening to go back and look at a simple drive to work. There are a never ending plethora of incidents where potential accidents are likely, but when you are actually driving you never register them as being dangerous.

where's the tree part?

Looks like a bunch of dead pine trees stuck in the ground to me. :)

We actually went round and round with this.  My land was an empty field but abandoned for about 15 years, so all the trees are very young.  The only tree that was large enough to bolt something to it was over 4' in diameter and seemed to have a rotten core.  Just didn't seem very safe.  We found a spot that was sandwiched in between two decent but younger trees plus my plum orchard.  They'll have to deal with it.  

you need me to come down there and show you how to hit em on the far edges of the field??

Roger

• Like 1

you need me to come down there and show you how to hit em on the far edges of the field??

Roger

Like shooting?  If you like shots that are over a mile long then yeah come school me.   :)  Daniel Horner personally told me he couldn't hit anything with confidence and in a humane manner in the middle of it, much less to the edge.  He's no joke either.  

http://www.army.mil/article/90805/USAMU_duo_wins_2012_International_Sniper_Competition/

Since some people seemed to enjoy the treehouse pics, here's the mostly finished product, just got done.  Have to finish off the post caps, install a hinged trap door over the ladder area, hit several things with additional screws, and install some lag and carriage bolts.  Otherwise the vast majority is done, it's just details at this point.  On the bottom will be a huge sand pit.  

12512684_10153698279144401_7440467987165

View from the top.  Doesn't look like it but that furthest tree line is over 1 mile away.  That first set of trees out in the field is over 1/2 mile.  We are going to put some 3-D archery targets and build an R/C truck track in the open area of my yard that it overlooks, that's where my septic lines are, just wasted space that I can't do anything with anyway.  Unfortunately I could not figure out how to make the balusters perfectly symmetrical so I have a couple of goofy things going on.  Hopefully nobody will notice unless I point it out.  Bottom story turned out better but I had to do the top differently.  

12916300_10153698335329401_2692526392037

• Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!