The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

Extra wire is almost always good. Nice equipment for electronics.

Have heard where the F-3's meanwhile will work...

Cool enough...

Welcome to the forum...

Congrats

Thx for the welcome! Stoked to be here with you fellow Klipschsters.., er..., Klipschiacs..., er Klipschanauts or whatever it is they call us.  Yeah I’m definitely gonna use the straight wire somewhere down the road. I was picking up the pass amp and the guy had the speaker wire still on the spool. Looks like garden hose-told me to make him an offer, wasn’t sure what to offer- I just remember it went for a handsome price back when I was in the industry. He finally threw out a number that sounded extremely reasonable to me so I got to load that up with the amp. It’s a coaxial style speaker wire so terminating it may be a bit tricky for me, anyone here familiar with it? (Straightwire Encore II Speaker Cable) 

• Like 2

I

3 minutes ago, Rooster42 said:

Thx for the welcome! Stoked to be here with you fellow Klipschsters.., er..., Klipschiacs..., er Klipschanauts or whatever it is they call us.  Yeah I’m definitely gonna use the straight wire somewhere down the road. I was picking up the pass amp and the guy had the speaker wire still on the spool. Looks like garden hose-told me to make him an offer, wasn’t sure what to offer- I just remember it went for a handsome price back when I was in the industry. He finally threw out a number that sounded extremely reasonable to me so I got to load that up with the amp. It’s a coaxial style speaker wire so terminating it may be a bit tricky for me, anyone here familiar with it? (Straightwire Encore II Speaker Cable) 

Is it an F connector like for satellite/cable or another?

BTW, this is a photo thread so a pic or 2 will help... unless you know.

It’s speaker cable so I’ll probably terminate it with banana’s or spades. Sorry didn’t realize this was a picture thread- plz forgive the newbie. I’ll try to post a pic. 

• Like 1

ItI

11 minutes ago, Rooster42 said:

Its all cool...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rooster42 said:

It’s speaker cable so I’ll probably terminate it with banana’s or spades. Sorry didn’t realize this was a picture thread- plz forgive the newbie. I’ll try to post a pic. 

Pic  yes but, yes, sounds like a twisted pair speaker wire with a jacket

This is an image I pulled of the web as my pics on my phone were too large apparently. Pretty much the same stuff ‘cept the spool mine is on is white not black. 

47FF63D8-0BF1-4281-BF61-BCE2D9241448.jpeg

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Rooster42 said:

This is an image I pulled of the web as my pics on my phone were too large apparently. Pretty much the same stuff ‘cept the spool mine is on is white not black. 

47FF63D8-0BF1-4281-BF61-BCE2D9241448.jpeg

Dang, looks like coax cable to me...maybe Plenum...it will work.

Alright... cool

OK; picked up a Luxman R-115.  Blaming @willand and @Woofers and Tweeters for this (they love these R-115/117 units).  Think I'll use it as an amp for my rear Cornwalls. :D 

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Emile said:

OK; picked up a Luxman R-115.  Blaming @willand and @Woofers and Tweeters for this (they love these R-115/117 units).  Think I'll use it as an amp for my rear Cornwalls. :D 

You're welcome. If you google it, you'll find that there are a lot of others who agree with what Willland and I have said. I have both and they are both keepers. I would use it as a receiver/integrated amp, but have to admit that I have never used either one as a pre or and amp alone. 

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/luxman-r-115.675841/

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-2270-vs-luxman-r115.740145/

Did you get the remoter too? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Did you get the remoter too?

Nah ... no remote :( 

4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I would use it as a receiver/integrated amp, but have to admit that I have never used either one as a pre or and amp alone.

Leave it to @Emile "to go to where NO man has gone before."  😂  Luxman's older tube stuff has ALWAYS sounded good to me!

• Like 2

Topping D30 DAC. 3941275ec8cfe3fe1298391697daf761.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SWL said:

Topping D30 DAC.

Nice!  So, walk this novice through this.  I have no interest in going to external DAC and tube yet I'm drawn to it like a moth to flame.

Source ---> DAC ---> Pre-amp ---> Amp

Tube pre, and tube amp?

• Like 1

Nice!  So, walk this novice through this.  I have no interest in going to external DAC and tube yet I'm drawn to it like a moth to flame.

Source ---> DAC ---> Pre-amp ---> Amp

Tube pre, and tube amp?
Yep......and if you do decide to get your feet wet, this DAC would be a good start at only $100.00. I'm totally impressed with it especially for what it costs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Wow, like the price... give a review sometime @SWL. ... thanks

A new SVS sub and a miniDSP umik-1. Let the REW testing begin :)

• Like 3

On 12/31/2019 at 4:02 PM, bkwa1959 said:

Thanks 

My Dennis Had Inspire LP-3.1 came in today.It was an original LP-3a and I exchanged emails with Dennis and sent it in for an upgrade,complete upgrade inside and I even had him change the faceplate.I’m going to use it in bedroom system and for now I installed it in my main system and the little preamp is sounding great,.if it just had a remote control.

6638D58E-BACA-47EA-93E4-440DF03E19FD.jpeg

• Like 4

New replacement front and rear sights arrived today for my Colt Python. So tonight is complete disassembly, deep clean, and re-assembly time. Between and during playoff games.

DSC_0040C.JPG

• Like 4