The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

30 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

You mean you didn't pardon one?

uh, no. My wife wants to set aside a breeding pair next year, so they'll have a bit of a reprieve...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Looks like more than a sample to me ... you’re going to be buzzed.  Enjoy your day. 

Nah.. just sipped and did some people watching. Had a buddy meet up with me and chit chat for bit. Filled the growlers with Dogfish Head 75 minute IPA and Real Ale Coffee Porter.

• Like 1

Just now, Thaddeus Smith said:

Dogfish Head

how was that?  I’ve heard of them for years; but have never tried it.

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

how was that?  I’ve heard of them for years; but have never tried it.

Oh it's tasty, but I've only ever had it in bottles. So I'm looking forward to trying it tapped.

14 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Filled the growlers with Dogfish Head 75 minute IPA and Real Ale Coffee Porter.

I'm a fan of the 120.

23 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm a fan of the 120.

Pick some up and let them age for +/- 5 years or so then sip it side by side with a new one. Very interesting to see how they change over time even in a sealed glass bottle. The brewpub in Rehoboth, DE sells several "vintage" beers of their higher strength ones like World Wide Stout and Olde School Barleywine.

15 minutes ago, rplace said:

Pick some up and let them age for +/- 5 years or so then sip it side by side with a new one. Very interesting to see how they change over time even in a sealed glass bottle. The brewpub in Rehoboth, DE sells several "vintage" beers of their higher strength ones like World Wide Stout and Olde School Barleywine.

I've got a bunch of 120 at the house.  I may do that.  I'm assuming they age for the better?

Been to Rehoboth once.  My wife's family lives in Dover.

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've got a bunch of 120 at the house.  I may do that.  I'm assuming they age for the better?

Been to Rehoboth once.  My wife's family lives in Dover.

I think so and most others I've talked to do as well. Initially I liked the 120 because it is so different, but it is a bit like cough syrup when young. I find all the flavors meld together versus picking them out one by one. High gravity beers are frequently aged. Samichlaus, for example, is only brewed one particular day of the year (December 6th from memory) and not sold till the following year.

If you look on the neck of any dogfish head beer you will see the package date. I think I have some from as far back at 2005.

PM me if interested maybe I could be persuaded to send you an already aged one so you can see if something you are interested in.

The good thing about 120 is it is the same recipe every batch. I have some Brooklyn Chocolate Stout from many years back. And frequently taste them as flights with others around the holidays to see how the 4,5,6 years old versions change over time. Those are best around 3-4 years....they become much like a Port in some regards. However, that beer changes recipe slightly year to year kind of like Anchor's Merry Christmas or Sierra Nevada Celebration. Don't bother to age SN Celebration it is best the day you buy it. All those fresh, wet hops are to die for. Great time of year for beers, Cheers!

4 minutes ago, rplace said:

PM me if interested maybe I could be persuaded to send you an already aged one so you can see if something you are interested in.

That would be a great experience.  I'd perform that experiment with my son in law.  he's a beerie.  PM coming.

Got a very nice used Oppo BDP-83 from a forum member here. It's in spectacular condition, even the packing was better than new....

image0.jpeg

• Like 3

Picked up this combo last week. The Marshall is a 40 watt tube amp, sounds spectacular. It sure has a very nice range of sounds.

image0.jpeg

• Like 3

Ooo, nice new setup.... I love buying new amps and guitars...!!!..Why is buying sound equipment so damn wonderful..

And Dogfish Head "Midas Touch" is one of my favorite beers...👍

• Like 1

Today i got DISAPPOINTMENT.  my new jacket arrived ... two sizes smaller than what i had ordered.  I generally never return items; but $100 is $100, so i think i’ll go through the hassle of returning it.  Then again, i can just give it away as a Christmas Present.  

• Haha 1

Just when I think I’m out they pull me back in,I was ready to get away from vinyl and before I started to list my turntable I was looking on one of the Audio sites and a guy had a like new Denon DL-103r cartridge for sale and he was less than 75 miles from me.I contacted him and I told him I was interested in his cartridge and when he told me he was planning on spending a couple of days in Pigeon Forge,Tn .So today we met and I installed the cartridge in my system and what a shock I didn’t think a 450.00 cartridge could sound this good.So instead of selling my turntable I am now thinking about buying or building a record cleaning machine.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bkwa1959 said:

like new Denon DL-103r

Send it to Zu and have them work their magic on it. You will really be amazed

^^^ Nothing that cool! But I picked up some sweet little speakers.

Grabbed these Mirage speakers at a local 2nd hand shop and matching stands for $60. I will likely paint the stands this summer as they aren’t in great shape but I am very happy with the purchase.

I don’t have room for the Ultra2 650’s or 525’s that aren’t in use at the moment, due to the depth of both models. These Mirage speakers with the stands only stick out about 8” from the wall which works great for me and my room. I thought I was going to have to go Bose for a while..

I have owned some pretty cool surround speakers over the years but these might be my favorite. The sound is very spread out and what I would describe as accurate.

Best $60 I have spent in quite some time.

ea77e91f0606010bc13daadf1beedafe.jpg

37892bd161810dc7d5530df4a0e635a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3