Hurricane Harvey 2017

wvu80

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

Weather Channel says its re-loading for another return east of Houston. Only now it it headed true east to LA and New Orleans. They just don't see this thing ending soon. Best to all ---

It'll make landfall probably 30 miles from here if it keeps it's current track.   No matter where it lands everything around here is getting drenched.

If it looks like a real flood threat over there, take it seriously.  You can't stop your home from flooding, but you can stop cars from flooding.  Park at least one car high and dry.  Then, if they boat you out later, you'll at least have wheels.  Fill your tank if you can.  Gas is non-existent around here.  I'm low on gas, and fortunately, I don't have to go anywhere.

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

All 3 cars here are full of fuel.  We all filled up Friday and really haven't gone much of anywhere.  We'll put off refueling as long as possible as most tanks will be pumping a water fuel mix for a while.

Yeah, good.  If you have to park somewhere high and dry, try to make sure it's not going to be an island, or you won't be going anywhere.

We have all seen the ariel and widescreen views of the devastation.  It's hard to grasp because we don't have a frame of reference for something that destructive.

Fox News just showed an interviewer inside a house with the homeowner and water nearly up to his waist.

Heartbreaking.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Houston Friends, I need some help urgently.

I have close and dear friends flying into Austin tomorrow at noon and I need to drive them to their home in Colony Lakes (Highway 6/Dew9alt area).  They are high and dry as it the rest of the area, however, getting there is going to be the issue.  Flying them down isn't going to work because of logistical issues.  

So how to get to Sugarland area from Austin is the big question at this point.

This is the source I have been using which is hopefully accurate https://drivetexas.org/#/12/29.7243/-95.6124?future=false

290 looks good down to Cypress right now.  99 south from 290 is showing closed right now but forecast to open by noon tomorrow.  I am thinking 290 to 99 South, and then trying to figure out a way to cut over to 6 south.

Any thoughts or ideas?  @Mallette @Jeff Matthews  ?????

Haven't really looked at road conditions in that area, though at a request from a League City person I found it possible to (oddly enough) get in or out of Houston via 146 to Galveston, then via San Luis Pass down the coast.  290 looks like a possible, with a couple of spots you'd need to see if you can get a workaround.

https://drivetexas.org/#/10/29.9821/-96.2872?future=false

Dave