Klipsch Professional KPT-904

Emile

34 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Looking good!  You've upped the WAF on these considerably. Would love to hear a pair. 

Thanks Mark,

Yes, think the might be "acceptable" to the wife now :)  Wanted to reveneer them in walnut, but that was just too big a job :( especially since I wanted to listen to them (and not wait 6 months ... ).

Cheers, Emile

41 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Would love to hear a pair.

You would be amazed. :) They are much tighter and crisper then my Cornwall's ... bought the Cornwall's in 1985 new and thought I would never replace them ... think I will have Cornwall's as rear surround speakers now. :)

Cheers, Emile

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Looks very nice. Curious, what does your wife say about them?

Ha ha ... she hasn't even noticed ... guess she's been busy :)  OK; showed her ... response "they are so much better looking ...guess 2 weeks of work paid off :) 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

Great job Emile. Seeing those horns boxed up like you have done my wife might actually allow that into my house. I discounted chasing these down because I think my wife would have killed me. Now I am going to have to keep my eyes open!

Tim

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, teaman said:

Seeing those horns boxed up like you have done my wife might actually allow that into my house

Tim, Thanks! Yes, pretty sure your wife will be OK with it with some grilles, etc. :):) Mine are still "standing" in front of my Cornwall's and "believe" I got the "OK." And ... when she hears these, she'll be "sold." (Wife is used to my Cornwall's ... and cheaper KG series on 7.1 surround ... but she thought the 904's were "just awesome.") When I get some help I'll move these 156# boxes into the "old" Cornwall positions ... they are set back in bookcases surrounding the fireplace. :)  Go for it :) 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

On January 28, 2018 at 4:05 PM, cincymat said:

Looking good!  You've upped the WAF on these considerably. Would love to hear a pair. 

Mark

You snoozed and you loosed. If the KHorns had been picked up sooner you could have heard mine. I do what I can to further your appetite for Klipsch, sometimes I need some help ?!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, richieb said:

You snoozed and you loosed. If the KHorns had been picked up sooner you could have heard mine. I do what I can to further your appetite for Klipsch, sometimes I need some help ?!

At the time, I didn't realize the depth of your Klipsch affliction. Had I known you had that tricked out set of 904's, they'd be in my living room!! 

I do need a set of garage speakers at the house in NC. I'm thinking KPT-904's cranking with a certain set of nCore amps.... 

That would be a great intro to my new neighbors. And piss off my sister-in-law. That there's a WIN WIN in my book.

Mark

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cincymat said:

At the time, I didn't realize the depth of your Klipsch affliction. Had I known you had that tricked out set of 904's, they'd be in my living room!! 

I do need a set of garage speakers at the house in NC. I'm thinking KPT-904's cranking with a certain set of nCore amps.... 

That would be a great intro to my new neighbors. And piss off my sister-in-law. That there's a WIN WIN in my book.

Mark

Think smaller and pretty damn effective for that purpose - 396. Same 510 horn, heard them several times at Hope with 1802 sub, crazy good. These are Carl's garage speakers. Would tuck nicely into any corner.And you are welcome, Sir --

• Like 2