Wire upgrde

KROCK

9 minutes ago, Deang said:

I see. Well, just buy enough Supra to do all of it. I personally think it’s overpriced, but I don’t know anyone else that sells a tin annealed copper speaker wire. 

Is there a difference between tinned copper wire and tin annealed copper wire? Knukoncepts has their Karma SS as tinned copper --.

Dont use it but saw it listed - 

1 minute ago, KROCK said:

I'll use the annealed wire inside the cabinets, then it's a toss up from cross over to rear of speaker.

As Dean said it's very expensive but you are certainly allowed to put your hard earned dollars where you think it will do the most good.

As I said I've used the Supra before.  It has that "high quality" feel to it and it's very flexible, very easy to work with.

Just now, KROCK said:

Supra & not Ultra flex?

If you're asking me, I don't remember exactly, it was 5 years ago. 

I think I remember the Supra blue wire and it was my first DIY (technically AIY) kit.  I bought 3 MTM kits and I loved that Madisound included everything needed to put it together, including a pre-assembled box, screws, proper lengths of wire, open cell foam sheets AND a can of spray adhesive to attach the foam!

2 hours ago, Deang said:

Even OFC can turn green if the jacket is crap. 

I lived in a house in which all plugs and ends of wires turned green.  Then moved to a house with central heating, air conditioning, double glazed windows and insulated attic, walls and even floors -- no green yet, 14 years and counting.

6 hours ago, Deang said:

Thanks Dean, you learn something new everyday.

The Supra is 3x the price. with a lil over kill, I'm thinking 27' per speaker, w/o the leeds to the receiver. So the Karma SS is 27x.40 = $10.80, Supra classic is 27x $1.22= $32.94