Help buying new TV, old one died (TV bought!)

wvu80

The OLED QLED comparison is an interesting one and the salesman at Sam's club had an interesting take on it this weekend. He said that the QLED tv was awesome with the source Blu-ray that they were using for the demo, but that on regular HD programming it was very similar to all the other good LED tvs. The OLED on the other hand was still pretty awesome with regular HD programming and greatly outshined the other LED tvs. These comments make me want to compare the two with HD Direct or HD Dish Network offerings. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Your mounting your tv on the ceiling..And watching from your new mattress 

LOL!  Funny!

Not helpful, but funny!  :lol:

27 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== looks to be around 15 bucks - ?

That price might be for the smaller versions.  I need the XL for a 65" TV.  Here's another brand for $38 and exactly is made for 65" TV.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JJ1TSTR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A10LLTLFQ1M2I4&psc=1

I saw a comparison chart between the standard and Pro version Luminoodle.  The only difference seemed to be the Pro version had a "true 6500" on the white color, whatever that means.  Something to do with matching the white output of the TV with the white output of the Luminoodle.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The only difference seemed to be the Pro version had a "true 6500" on the white color, whatever that means. 

It's just the color temperature, I have no idea if it matches the TV better ?

They are slick in that advertisement, they show a background wall color lit up similar to the picture on the screen, this makes it look better. But in reality, the back wall color can be changed but has nothing to do with what's on the screen as fas as if it matches.

Color-Temperature-Chart.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wvu80 said:

LOL!  Funny!

Not helpful, but funny!  :lol:

That price might be for the smaller versions.  I need the XL for a 65" TV.  Here's another brand for $38 and exactly is made for 65" TV.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JJ1TSTR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A10LLTLFQ1M2I4&psc=1

I saw a comparison chart between the standard and Pro version Luminoodle.  The only difference seemed to be the Pro version had a "true 6500" on the white color, whatever that means.  Something to do with matching the white output of the TV with the white output of the Luminoodle.

That is the LED Lighting I use behind my 65” Samsung QLED TV. I haven’t turned it off, since purchasing it a couple months ago. Money well spent! 

• Thanks 1

TV shipping update:  Even though I only live 8 hours from where the Vizio was warehoused, it has taken the shipping company 9 days to get it from Philly to Pittsburgh.  It has still not made it to my house although the shipping company says they will have it to my local by tomorrow.  They promised to call to make arrangements for home delivery.

I wonder how many more days that will take?

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

TV shipping update:  Even though I only live 8 hours from where the Vizio was warehoused, it has taken the shipping company 9 days to get it from Philly to Pittsburgh.  It has still not made it to my house although the shipping company says they will have it to my local by tomorrow.  They promised to call to make arrangements for home delivery.

I wonder how many more days that will take?

They have to stop and water the horses.

JJK

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

They have to stop and water the horses. - JJK

Hey, I know I live in West Virginia and we don't have your fancy cities like Philly and Pittsburgh, but really, trucks one state away ought to be able to get here within a week or so because we do have paved roads now.

In most places. 

On 11/16/2018 at 2:07 PM, Kalifornian said:

Have the 65 Q8 QLED and Im in love.  Watched it next to the 65 LG OLED and was a no brainer for me.  The blacks are extremely close but the brights and details were better on the Sammy.  And the 500 in savings was a plus as well....  

I was at Sams tonight, buying an office chair, of all things.  See the two-month old "need office chair" thread.  :rolleyes:

SC has had the Qled 65 on sale for $1300 for at least a month now.  I loved the PQ, the colors just popped on the impressive in-store demo.  I almost bought it at that price point.

Tonight the Qled 65" price was UP $400 to $1700!  A lot of the TV's were low on inventory but not all of them had special Black Friday pricing.  There's a Samsung 75" for $1000 that looks like a good deal right now.

In 1962, as college film journal reporters, we visited Mary Pickford and Charles "Buddy" Rogers at Pickfair.  They had a TV room.  In it was a very old TV with a perfectly round screen that was 3 feet in diameter.  The butler explained that the "screen" was actually a large magnifying glass, with a small screen behind it in, buried in the cabinet. 

For me this has been an educational thread. I am not a big home theater guy but I do like a good picture. I have had a plasma Panasonic for years and I love it. When the bedroom vizeo turned everything black to green I went to the store to replace it with a panny plasma and learned that Panasonic was no longer selling TVs in the us! Rats rats rats! I had not spent a lot of time researching because after the short lived vizeo experience I had figured I would go with what I knew worked and lasted and now I had to choose from the likes of LG, Samsung  and many others that I had no idea made TVs. 

Having no patience for figuring out I went with what we always used years ago in the edit bay, Sony. Back in the day the trinitron ruled in pro video. I know that is not the case today but I went back a trusted brand and so far the set in the bedroom has worked fine. Have to say I’m not fond of having to update firmware on a tv. What is this world coming to!