What a long strange trip it's been.

CECAA850

Truckin got my chips cashed in. Keep truckin, like the do-dah man
Together, more or less in line, just keep truckin on.

15 years ago today I submitted my first post in the thread below.  Appropriately enough it was in the subwoofer forum however it was extolling another manufacturers products.  Surprise!  I've really enjoyed my time here and have made countless friends.  I appreciate the fact that Klipsch gives us this venue and hope to never take it for granted.  Here's to the next 15:emotion-46:

• Like 6

Congratulations on your trip, I am sure others have enjoyed similar journeys. We have seen many members wander through here, some we have lost of their own volition and others have been taken from us prematurely. The joy that Klipsch speakers give us is the one common thread that binds us together although over time we realize there are other aspects in our lives we either have in common or not. It is a community for better or worse and like family there are some you like better than others. The Klipsch forums are always worth checking out, you never know what you will find.

4 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I think you are suppose to start over on your post count at 15 years.  I'm going to ask richieb, jimijimbo, and Eric to be sure.

=== not sure ‘bout ‘Bo and Eric but IMO when you have reached post # 40,000 it has been determined you have lived a shallow, unproductive and meaningless life - more than likely posting from your mothers basement. To be clear - we are talking about Carl aka Slushie Boy, right ?

• Haha 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

No mother, no basement.

Don't you have some life style decisions you should be making?

=== if you weren’t so busy adding to your posts you would have had time to read the text message from yesterday —

Just now, richieb said:

=== if you weren’t so busy adding to your posts you would have had time to read the text message from yesterday —

Nothing from you since May 4'th.  You probably had a senior moment (again) and texted the wrong person.

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Nothing from you since May 4'th.  You probably had a senior moment (again) and texted the wrong person.

I couldn't make heads or tales of richie's post.  Now it makes sense.....it was meant for Carl.

Congratulations!  I'm glad we've had the opportunity to meet and get to know each other over the last 10 for me.  You've helped a lot of people over the years, while still finding time to have fun, be a smart as$, keep some of the unruly members in line and gain many aliases along the way, but Mr. Slushy is my favorite.  

200w.webp?cid=790b76115cd19ad15658443051

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

=== yesterday, Monday 3:04p. And you are affectionately known as Klipsch Carl on my phone — . You are half right though in that I had two or three senior moments yesterday. But I was coherent at 3:04 —

11 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== yesterday, Monday 3:04p. And you are affectionately known as Klipsch Carl on my phone — . You are half right though in that I had two or three senior moments yesterday. But I was coherent at 3:04 —

Send it again.  Nothing from you since 7:48 PM on Sat May 4 on my phone.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Surprise!  I've really enjoyed my time here and have made countless friends.  I appreciate the fact that Klipsch gives us this venue and hope to never take it for granted.  Here's to the next 15:emotion-46:

Had to go look, time sure passed quickly and I feel the same way you do. I am over the speaker hunting thing but stay and do what I can because of the people I have got to know. I feel very lucky to have had the chance to meet so many good people, it's kind of amazing.

What are the odds you get to know over 100 people online with the same hobby and see them in person and when you meet everyone gets along and has a good time and willing to help however they can to make things fun? This is people from all backgrounds, income, and parts of the country just enjoying being together and talking, pretty amazing really.

As an example, you Carl and your wife and daughter, you do not have to in any way help but again this year you and your family came early and helped organize and do whatever was needed for days to make things go smoother and work. You volunteered for this and did a great job, people need to know without this kind of help it would be a huge mess, it really would.

When I try to explain this forum and pilgrimage to people they usually think it's odd and think the pilgrimage is a little scary, that many people who really don't know much about each other all getting together for a few days. At first, it does seem a little scary, but after you do it and get to know all the personalities and see how it works it's not very scary at all.....as long as someone does not go full Beaker on us were good.

I feel lucky to have had the chance to even somewhat get to know the people I met here, and especially in person. It's a very mixed and slightly odd group but it works well, better than could be expected.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dtel said:

When I try to explain this forum and pilgrimage to people they usually think it's odd

Friends ask where I'm going for 4 or 5 days and I tell them Hope Arkansas.  Next question is, what's there?  I tell them a bunch of people getting together to tour a speaker factory and hang out.  They then ask, what's really there?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Friends ask where I'm going for 4 or 5 days and I tell them Hope Arkansas.  Next question is, what's there?  I tell them a bunch of people getting together to tour a speaker factory and hang out.  They then ask, what's really there?

I just get either "you're going to your speaker thing" or Denise tells everyone that "he's going to meet with his motor head speaker junkies" , she's one of a kind.   

44 minutes ago, Pete H said:

I just get either "you're going to your speaker thing" or Denise tells everyone that "he's going to meet with his motor head speaker junkies" , she's one of a kind.   

My wife gets it, and practically shoves me out the door when Pilgrimage weekend rolls around each spring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1