Censorship II

joessportster

10 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

And, IMHO, there is the next problem. Like you, I know that the truth is usually somewhere between the extremes. The problem of finding the truth is the algorithm that leads us to the 'truth' they want, rather than the real truth. Between auto fill when something is typed in a search engine and the first web sites have quite often not provided the non sloped info vs if one keeps drilling deeper.  

I used to look at a story on several different platforms from conservative to liberal and try to find the sameness in their stories and figured that part was probably true. But, that is exhausting. Obviously, we can't investigate everything. for the most part, my problem with the media is limited to politics.  If there is a storm or checking on a sporting outcome, I've no problem what network I'm viewing -- when I comes to politics it seems that opinion is the main course and they lose me at that point. I'm capable of making up my own mind ... just tell me what happened and let me come to my own conclusion instead of trying to lead me to their conclusion. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

And whether the photos they post are even genuine.  I do not like the way they recycle photos and videos that are not of the events being reported.  Even worse is the occasional photo shopping.

Like FOX just did with the AR-15s in Seattle ...

1 minute ago, Deang said:

Like FOX just did with the AR-15s in Seattle ...

Yes!  They all do it, and the fact that others do is no excuse whatsoever for the practice.  I would just like to see images which are real and match the story being told.  I don't like to see news reports of protests in Seattle while rolling videos of buildings burning in Minneapolis.  IMO, that should violate journalistic ethics.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

If there is a storm or checking on a sporting outcome, I've no problem what network I'm viewing -- when I comes to politics it seems that opinion is the main course and they lose me at that point. I'm capable of making up my own mind ... just tell me what happened and let me come to my own conclusion instead of trying to lead me to their conclusion. 

Even the Weather channel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Yes!  They all do it, and the fact that others do is no excuse whatsoever for the practice.  I would just like to see images which are real and match the story being told.  I don't like to see news reports of protests in Seattle while rolling videos of buildings burning in Minneapolis.  IMO, that should violate journalistic ethics.

Yeah, they do. It’s pathetic. 

You guys that lean right should really check out The American Conservative. 

I don’t do TV news anymore. 

• Like 1

And what's more when the disenchanted couple kiss and makeup, they show you the divorce court proceedings showing the

couple having a knockdown dragout cat and dogfight over

nothing.

Drama that even lands more awards than a soap opera.

Sick...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

touche -- i forgot about that.  decieving yes -- harmful not so much. 

No harm meant from me, that's for sure. There were so many pics to pick from that I had to close my eyes and click enter... and hope that the algorithm didn't change it, you won. Speaking of change: I carved up 70+ miles of several back roads on a fun motorcycle ride yesterday and never once thought about this media thing. I do have some loved ones who are caught up in the profiteers' messages, .....so, the reality of death or the misery of worse returned when I removed my helmet....and reality returned. 
Sure do welcome help with that. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Audio Flynn said:

Communists kicking it up in the current day!

Maybe, or the troubles are from within. 

12 minutes ago, Audio Flynn said:

My college friends and I in the 1978 to 1983

So it took you 5+ year to get a 2 year degree, too? ...I am not alone 🤸‍♂️

JK

Seriously, what are they smoking? I really do want to see it from how they see it, but poof, follow the votes or money . 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Took my first college class 42 years ago ... still don't have my AA.

So you didn't get the full indoctrination. It's been a minute since I was in college, I'm sure my blatherings on here makes me look like I didn't go to school, ever. I worked hard in every class, even the ones I didn't agree with. Had a couple of professors catch me off to the side and shared with me that my sociology professor wasn't liking my pov on the in class debates, and that I might not get the grade I want. Apparently my response got back to her that if I didn't get the grade I earned, I would take her class again.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2