Steve Guttenberg interviews Roy Delgado (announces new Jubilee)

Loudogp250

21 minutes ago, MisterVego said:

Don't get me wrong, every conversation we have had, he has always praised Klipsch and Roy.

The last conversation i had with him just threw me for a loop.

Well, perhaps he just had a bad day. Or perhaps he doesn't understand that the Jubilee was originally designed for the home. Not everyone is as familiar with the Heritage line as we Forum regulars are.

Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

1 minute ago, Edgar said:

Well, perhaps he just had a bad day. Or perhaps he doesn't understand that the Jubilee was originally designed for the home. Not everyone is as familiar with the Heritage line as we Forum regulars are.

Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Indeed.....    Perhaps i wasn't wearing deodorant that day and he wanted to get away from me!   lol

16 hours ago, dtel said:

Always wanted to make one like that but never did, it was the reason for taking the pic, to copy it.

Elden quick question , did you ever take any measurements of the wood section   on this lamp 

Consider what would happen if Mr. Guttenberg did listen to your dialed-in Jubs.  He would most likely have two possible outcomes:

1) they sound terrible to him--like old PA horns, or

2) they sounded better than anything else that he's heard before. 

Both cases are bad.  In the first case, he would have dedicated the better part of a day to having to break the bad news to you (and he produces at least one YouTube video per day, plus writes for a magazine).  This would be a lose-lose proposition.

However in the second case, I think it would be much worse (for him).  How could he put any image of them on his daily video, telling his subscribed following that they probably were the best sounding loudspeakers he's ever heard (...and there's good reason to suspect this will be the case, as you probably already know, Erik).  He's already gone out on the limb supporting CW IVs, etc.  He would potentially lose a part of his audience if he did this because of the people that shop for loudspeakers by the way that they look instead of the way that they sound. 

Or he says nothing online.  That's not good--in that word may get around that he's pushing only smaller loudspeakers that home hi-fi loudspeaker companies make, and isn't an "honest broker".  (This is worse than having to tell you that they're terrible sounding, I think.)

I suspect that he's waiting until Roy dresses them up a bit so he can say that he's heard another "good home hi-fi product from Klipsch".  Then go on to say that "they're not for the common audiophile (or words to that effect) to dismiss them for the rank-and-file audiophiles he's basically talking to online that buy small loudspeakers based [basically] on looks alone. 

Chris

• Like 1

In an ideal world, a reviewer could report the facts, and considerations of cost, appearance, size, and so on would be irrelevant. But in the real world, a reviewer has to walk the line between telling the whole truth, and keeping his/her subscribers happy. It seems dishonest; at best it results in lies of omission, at worst it results in favoritism. But that is reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

I suspect, there is a level of him needing to being aware of his brand and business interests rather than visiting a strangers house to listen to a pair of speakers.

Being a person who is very cautious but also very open with letting people come over to listen to these diamonds in the rough, the video aspect and consequences never crossed my mind.

Talking about pro gear that requires a "special knock" to the right person is probably counter productive given his scope of talking about residential gear.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, MarkMcCoskey said:

Watched the 2 videos of Steve's of Roy. I'm brand new to the Forum. Owner of a pair of Forte III's. Am considering upgrading to Klipschorns (or La Scala's), but wanted to research the video mentioned "Jubilee 75th Anniversaries." Was hoping to find a link, but guessing that's a little early/pre-mature. 

That was the first "official" word, we are all waiting.

Hey @Chief bonehead "well . . . We're waiting."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Besides doubling the price? Looks maybe?

Unfortunately, "little here and a little there .... maybe even more here and even more there" when it comes to cosmetics will probably more than double the price. Besides your wife or girlfriend will still freak out. The tweeter horn really does need to be hidden (for most folks) and the K-402 is a big horn. Perhaps a horn of more modest dimensions .....

I am just wondering how much of a market there is for a big speaker? Any guesses on how many Klipschorns are sold nowadays.

• Moderators
On 8/2/2020 at 6:19 PM, RandyH000 said:

Dear Mrs Kitty ,  we apologize to intrude ,

there are 2 beautiful lamps in that room  , that are horn lamps , do you recall , how you came about these ,  Tx -

Of course if you hand Marion and Becky a stick they could build you a house. Very gifted and talented people those two.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Of course if you hand Marion and Becky a stick they could build you a house. Very gifted and talented people those two.

Their klipsch Heritage bond is inherently a  bigger part of  their home , and that speaks a lot of  their true Friendship  with the klipsch Museum under your Tenure -Thank you -

• Moderators
On 8/6/2020 at 2:05 PM, RandyH000 said:

Elden quick question , did you ever take any measurements of the wood section   on this lamp 

Sorry, just seen this. no I didn't, I already felt somewhat funny being in PWK's house and taking pictures of his personal stuff. I think the hard part would be finding a nice shade for it, just make the rest proportionate to the horn and shade so it looks right. But I took some pictures anyway thinking I may never get another chance. 

I did also like the stained glass in the window even if it's not quite the design.

jubefest 9 07 (57).JPG

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bill W. said:

Roy doesn’t seem to be taking the bait, maybe the bass are busy taking his bait!😉

He throws out bait alot, and not just to fish.

34 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

is that a scoop

I couldn't imagine that price.