Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

4 minutes ago, geoff. said:

Oh ya, that behaviour is unique to one group... 

Unfortunately the whole country is eat up with that or the equivalent.  It seems that no one is immune.  I wish they'd work up a vaccine for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Carl, I heard they are paying $7,000 for people to be Guinea Pigs and let them give you a shot of the virus...  :D

A little bit added to that and a couple of weeks being ill (and it's very likely to happen in time anyway) and I could have new Cornwalls. 🤸‍♂️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

Hello !

Here in France >>> We have been in containment since noon, it is 3:30 PM. The country is arrested.
There are images of Paris live on the news channels: the streets are empty, only the police who check the few people who have left a past: doctor, medical trip, state services, emergencies,. ..

It's impressive !

Nice juste 1:07 after start of containment, ordinary it's full

https://www.bfmtv.com/mediaplayer/video/confinement-la-promenade-des-anglais-a-nice-videe-de-ses-passants-1230906.html

Surreal like image...we shall see.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I hope you don't think that I was wishing this on myself, I'm not.  I said that IF I were to ultimately end up getting this I'd rather get it now and get it over with as opposed to waiting and wondering if. Naturally I hope that I never do.

Right, that made sense to me. I thought the same thing the other day. The advantage being that if you get hit hard, there will be resources to take care of you - like a nice hospital bed and a ventilator. The same might not be true a month from now. In my case though, it's less about me and more about Deb.

Dave had said, 

"I would prefer to get infected NOW, spend my next two weeks at home coughing since the symptoms are that of a nasty cold."

This is just bad thinking. 20% of those close to 60 and over end up in a hospital bed fighting for their lives.

Also, the doubling principle applies here, and it's tracking just like it's supposed to. Deaths are doubling every 7 - 10 days.    

2 minutes ago, Deang said:

Right, that made sense to me. I thought the same thing the other day. The advantage being that if you get hit hard, there will be resources to take care of you - like a nice hospital bed and a ventilator. The same might not be true a month from now. In my case though, it's less about me and more about Deb.

Dave had said, 

"I would prefer to get infected NOW, spend my next two weeks at home coughing since the symptoms are that of a nasty cold."

This is just bad thinking. 20% of those close to 60 and over end up in a hospital bed fighting for their lives.    

More likely, NOT.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

"God has fixed the time of my death, I do not concern myself with that; but, to be ready, whenever it may overtake me."

a famous w. Virginian

How ironic. Stonewall Jackson died of pneumonia.

• Like 1

03/17/20   Just a heads up for all you geeks.  Do YOUR research cause I don't even know who this guys is!  hahaha  BUT there is a FREE John Legend live stream CONCERT this afternoon on Instagram.  It IS supposedly a NEW show.  Punch it in/live stream it and enjoy!  I'll prolly be listening to "Dead Skunk In the Middle of the Road" or something else!  😂

• Like 1