Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

15 hours ago, Randyh said:
20 hours ago, ILI said:

Uhm, to make himself and the US look better, perhaps? Cooking the numbers... 

----------Who saved Belgium in WW2 from the Nazi's    -----USA/CANADA----------and the kids who were 17-18-19-20   are all buried in Belgium  ------show some respect -----

@ILI is trying to do the same as the rest of us, just trying to figure it all out.  The numbers change every day, the fake news is every day.  None of us know crap first hand, we are totally dependent upon what we are told. 

Some by the fake media, some by the not-fake media, and in the case of the US, information directly from the US President and his group of experts.  His conferences are held live so people can tune in and decide first hand what is being said. 

Ours is the American perspective, his is the European perspective specifically coming from Belgium.  It's all hard to figure out, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Dave A said:

That is straw man logic and I never said there was nothing. What I said was there is nothing there to create this level of reaction.

What would be sufficient to create this level of reaction?

What is your response to this? If it ends up being say 100,000 that is still only a one in 33,000 chance of death from this and there will be a ton of things take you out before the Wuhan flu will. The bad life choices most all of us make are far more deadly than Wuhan ever dreamed of being.

Worldwide, it looks like the mortality rate is running somewhere between 3% and 6%, and that's with medical care. (Again, we won't know the real numbers until afterward.) Three percent of the US population would be ten million deaths.

3 minutes ago, Dave A said:

That is straw man logic and I never said there was nothing. What I said was there is nothing there to create this level of reaction.

What is your response to this? If it ends up being say 100,000 that is still only a one in 33,000 chance of death from this and there will be a ton of things take you out before the Wuhan flu will. The bad life choices most all of us make are far more deadly than Wuhan ever dreamed of being.

I suppose you're one of the folks who thinks Bill Gates is in cahoots with some other world-renowned billionaires, devising a plan of eugenics designed to wipe out a large segment of the world's population and to force citizens to flee their farms and huddle with the masses in the big cities.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I suppose you're one of the folks who thinks Bill Gates is in cahoots with some other world-renowned billionaires, devising a plan of eugenics designed to wipe out a large segment of the world's population and to force citizens to flee their farms and huddle with the masses in the big cities.

Well of course. When he can then rain down Windows 11 from the heavens —

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:
1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Does anyone have any facts as to what started the virus?

Nobody does.  Fox News is pushing suspicions it came from an infected worker in the Wuhan lab.

I'm not sure why you're singling out Fox News, like it is a conspiracy.  If it's likely true, it needs to be reported on.  The conspiracy would then be from those news outlets who ignore it.  What is their angle in protecting the Chinese talking points?  For example, the CCP's claim that this all started in a wet market.  The facts don't seem to support that lie. 

I use the word "lie" deliberately, because yes, the CCP in its official media, lie.  That's in-arguable.

I heard about the Wuhan worker from the lab who was bitten by a bat and urinated on by a bat when this all started months ago.  This isn't anything new.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Again, your statement that every sentence is provably wrong, is wrong because you have no proof, yet. 

If I concede that, will you offer proof that every sentence is right? No, you haven't stated that every sentence is right, but that is the implication.

And even if you do have the proof, this is not the place for it. The point is that each of us has to figure it out for ourself.

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Oil is at $10.98 per bbl.  How can we stock up?

Here in West Virginia I just paid $1.55 gal regular at Sam's Club.  The lowest I've heard of is $1.39.

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

@ILI is trying to do the same as the rest of us, just trying to figure it all out.  The numbers change every day, the fake news is every day.  None of us know crap first hand, we are totally dependent upon what we are told. 

Some by the fake media, some by the not-fake media, and in the case of the US, information directly from the US President and his group of experts.  His conferences are held live so people can tune in and decide first hand what is being said. 

This is KEY.  Considering that some channels choose to cut out of the live broadcast, not allowing viewers to decide for themselves what is relevant and what is not - deciding their programming for them... an possibly missing critical information.  If viewers wish to change the channel, so be it.  The news orgs should not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

No I just read what he said and there was nothing about eugenics in there. There was a lot about forced social control of lives though just like the Chinese are doing.

6 minutes ago, Edgar said:

What would be sufficient to create this level of reaction?

That is a good question. Years ago I was pondering the value of human life and suffering relative to some of these outrageous lawsuit awards. If a man had a reasonable expectation of making say 1.5 million in his life how could he be worth 60 million in a lawsuit award. Who was going to pay that and what was the top limit on a persons value?  Would a reasonable estimation of say three times expected life time earnings be a reasonable cap? So it boils down to what is the cost to society as a whole and not each individual when society as a whole is expected to pay for it all and that includes even our yet to be born children who are saddled with this mess too. I would say things had to be far worse than this before I would have reacted in this fashion. No I don't have a specific answer for you in absolute numbers.

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Here in West Virginia I just paid $1.55 gal regular at Sam's Club.  The lowest I've heard of is $1.39.

Nice / Terrible for the oil business though their profits over the years along with subsidies should hold them over.  $1.21 here in the Austin at a couple of stations.  1980 prices.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave A said:

That is a good question. ... No I don't have a specific answer for you in absolute numbers.

And that is really the crux of the problem. If someone thinks that his life is worth so little that he's willing to endanger it by potentially exposing himself to the virus, well, that's his business until such time as his action exposes me to it. So where do we draw the line? For this I have no problem with erring on the side of the conservative.

9 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

$1.21 here in the Austin at a couple of stations.  1980 prices.

Wow!

I remember the day I left Morgantown after graduating.  It was December 1978 (undergrad) 1980 (from grad school) and the price had just jumped from a dollar per gallon to $1.25.  I wondered out loud how anybody could afford to live with gas being $1.25 per gallon.

I got my first professional counseling job after that, $12,000 per year.  I wondered what I was going to do with all that extra money.

2 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

This is KEY.  Considering that some channels choose to cut out of the live broadcast, not allowing viewers to decide for themselves what is relevant and what is not - deciding their programming for them... an possibly missing critical information.  If viewers wish to change the channel, so be it.  The new orgs should not.

That's the same as Hydroxyquinone being ignored with a ton of real life evidence it works. The safety is beyond doubt and there is a lady in my Church that takes it for Rheumatoid Arthritis so it clearly does work for more than one thing. I was at my Urologist recently for a bladder check up. The nurse and I were talking about this and she said that Hydroxy had bad side effects. I had to laugh and I asked her if my wife should stop taking her meds that have all kinds of dire warnings slathered on the label. I don't think anyone had asked her that before and her answer was you have a good point. CNN plays on the hospital TV's all day long. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Paid $1.35 outside of KC yesterday although generally around $1.59. Friends in Wichita yesterday $1.24.

We are saving on the pump end and paying for it on the equities end - pay me now or pay me later. 

7 minutes ago, Edgar said:

And that is really the crux of the problem. If someone thinks that his life is worth so little that he's willing to endanger it by potentially exposing himself to the virus, well, that's his business until such time as his action exposes me to it. So where do we draw the line? For this I have no problem with erring on the side of the conservative.

That's very easy to answer. If you are afraid then don't leave your house and be exposed. They are now finding antibodies in roughly 1/3 of tested people in Massachussets for instance. So this thing has spread way beyond what they think and has effected very few seriously. I have to quit now as I have a job in Nashville to go to and I am off.

• Like 1