“Special La Scala’s” @ Subfest 2024

I wanted to pull the trigger on a new pair of La Scala’s. But after reading that a Special pair of La Scala’s were used to demo the new horn subwoofer’s I’m going to hold off. I’m sure NDF’s were signed during the Subfest but is it reasonable to assume that new La Scala AL6 may be coming in the spring or summer?

IMG_0456.jpeg

IMG_0455.jpeg

• Like 5

I heard the recent version was pretty darn good. I wonder what could be improved on?

I can't tell from the photos, but that is some pretty dark grill cloth. Which makes me wonder if it's possible they go 2 way with the new active system they are using for the Heritage Jubilees. I doubt that be the case as that would completely change the speaker, but wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:00 PM, Ponch0069 said:

is it reasonable to assume that new La Scala AL6 may be coming in the spring or summer?

no , we dont know if that is the case   ,  but we do know that upgrades to revamp some of the older Heritage speakers are in the works 

• Like 1

As that picture and the words below it are mine, I know some things.  Not much as Roy was very cagey about this, but a little.  However, if I told you I'd have to kill you.  🙂  Sorry.  If you want to find out for yourself, I suspect that the Chief Bonehead Education Class slated to be given at this year's PWK Birthday Bash will reveal a great deal more.  I tentatively plan to attend.  If we're allowed to post about it afterwards, I will do so as I did for SubFest back in November.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I can't tell from the photos, but that is some pretty dark grill cloth.

It's not dark grille cloth.  I used an image editor to black out the grill areas of the top hats before posting the pictures so that the "secret" would not be visible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Schu said:

I Posted a picture of it in the other thread...

It's not the horn sub that was of interest to the original poster, it was the experimental pair of La Scala in the picture above that Roy demoed with the larger horn subs at SubFest.

10 hours ago, MMurg said:

It's not dark grille cloth.  I used an image editor to black out the grill areas of the top hats before posting the pictures so that the "secret" would not be visible.

So there was some accuracy to my comment? Nice, now what exactly that is, we'll have to wait. How exciting!

"WE" don't know squat. 

Some of us know there have been experiments with the La Scala.  What else is new?  No one but Roy knows if there will be a change to production models.

4 hours ago, JohnA said:

"WE" don't know squat. 

Some of us know there have been experiments with the La Scala.  What else is new?  No one but Roy knows if there will be a change to production models.

Yes, someone has been using "we" as if he's an employee, representative, or some sort of advisor. He's been the boss of the forum for a couple of years, maybe he's Roy's boss now... it sure does look like it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I should had said K-401, the decades old upgrade to the K-400, as noted in the Klipsch Heritage Series Historical Reference Data.

"Nov 1987: The Aluminum K-400 horn was replaced with the K-401 structural foam horn resulting in slightly improved distortion figures."

Interesting about the mid and high frequency being blacked out because it gives the perception they are just working on the upper frequency rather than the bass and ironically the upper frequency is what is often actually praised while the lower bass gets criticized. I would rather hope they would work on the bass instead. It's amazing how huge Heritage speakers are with all their cabinet space, yet don't go relatively deep in bass. If subs can be added, then why with all that speaker volume can't bass just be integrated into the speakers themselves? Even my Klipsch The Three has more audible bass than a couple of these Heritage speakers and I can easily hold it in my arm it's that small.