Case for Buying Klipsch

Would folks please give some very good reasons in favor of buying Klipsch Heresy's (as opposed to, say  Crites CS2 - Heresy-like model, or SR-70 if someone still makes them)

Some that come to mind are:

1. Manufactures warranty.

2. Genuine parts (now and in the future should I need them in 15 or so years)

3. Better QC for current parts.

Anything else would be appreciated.  It's a tough decision and I want to be able to justify it.

Respectfully,

Robert

3 hours ago, RobMarshall said:

Would folks please give some very good reasons in favor of buying Klipsch Heresy's (as opposed to, say  C.... 

FYI we do not discuss cloned speakers on the Forum ,  the klipsch Heresy 1 is a phenomenal speaker , but so is the Heresy III-IV

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RobMarshall said:

Would folks please give some very good reasons in favor of buying Klipsch Heresy's (as opposed to, say  Crites CS2 - Heresy-like model, or SR-70 if someone still makes them)

Anything else would be appreciated.  It's a tough decision and I want to be able to justify it.

Respectfully,

Robert

Hi Robert,

I have had the Hersy 1 and I still have the H2. Everything I have read says the H3 is a real improvement on the H2, and the H4 is a lot better than the H3. 

I have not AB the Heresy IV to the competition on paper or with my ears. The Klipsch warranty and selection of wood finishes are attractive. If you get a chance, look at the quality of the veneers. I have been very impressed with the quality and pattern selection of the Klipsch speaker cabinets. (side note: I have some experience in the veneer industry. Where I worked, they only buy extreme northern timber because of the better quality logs due to slow growth in harsher environments.) Everyone likes the new ported cabinets and other parts of the Heresy IV. 

• Like 1

Geoff....good point.  Should have stipulated IV. I'd like to pull the trigger next week on a pair of speakers. The Heresy's I have heard before and like the sound signature.

001...right...we do not discuss.  Anything to offer about the Heresy?

Woofers and Tweeters... that's meaningful and helpful.  Something I had not considered that makes a bid difference for me. The veneer will hold up longer.  Thank you!

12 hours ago, RobMarshall said:

Would folks please give some very good reasons in favor of buying Klipsch Heresy's...

Respectfully,

Robert

They make GREAT rear surrounds if you need something that is approaching Full Range...

50944266036_13c8e2b34c_b.jpg

And they make a GREAT Center Chanel for the same reasons...

42173631170_420f7b8844_b.jpg

Of course for the 'Mains' duty, they also excel in more intimate settings because of the nature of their engineering and usage of a Compression Driver/horn-controlled directivity for the meaty part of the frequency range.

There are MANY different Speakers these days, but how many of them will still be around in 10-20 years... I know one that will be for sure.

Get the IV's, you won't be sorry.

• Like 5

Welcome, Rob!

The best speaker I had owned were a pair of JBL studio monitors, about the same size as the Heresy models. I still have them, but in the early 2000s, my older son came home from school with a pair of Heresy IIs for my birthday.  They were a used set... the JBLs moved to living room duty. The HIIs are still here, currently my main speakers.

I have had other Klipsch along the way (larger, pro models), but the Heresys will stay. Each newer model really is an improvement over the previous one. If I wanted another set of that size and had the money, I wouldn't hesitate to get them.

Bruce

• Like 3

A fake  Heresy is a lot like a  fake Elvis   , they may be fun for a few minutes, but they don’t perform like the real deal . The imitation speakers will sound  different , maybe good ,but different . I  believe that you should compare the two , judge them completely on their own merits, and not confuse them as being clone's, which they are not. The Heresy enjoys a stellar reputation, a famous respected brand , one of the company’s flagship products , a really nice speaker.

Good luck , welcome to the forum 🤓

Edited by Tom05
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 8:47 PM, RobMarshall said:

Respectfully,

Robert

First, I'll say, if the warranty is near the top of importance, buy something else.  Most manufacturers will fix defective new product.  Plus, obsolescense can happen to anything, but usually there is a valid substitute.  That's how you keep a '54 Ford and a '54 Khorn going. 

I have a pair of Heresy IVs and 3 Heresy Is left.  I will recommend the H IVs wholeheartedly.  However, you should find a way to listen to all of them before you buy.

• Like 1

This wraps up this post....because a brand new pair of Heresy IV's in Walnut (with the Lambswool fabric) are making their way to my home as we speak.  I might have them as soon as tomorrow, or possibly Sunday if UPS delivers.  PLEASE ACCEPT MY HUGE THANK YOU  for your support and great points I had not considered.  They made it easy for me to pull the trigger.  AND THE PICTURES!!!  VERY NICE.  Some fantastic room setups (and gear).  Now, that might take me a little longer to ever reach that level of perfection.  But don't you know I am going to try!  🙂

Thanks again.  I really mean it.

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

5_20240212_123533.thumb.jpg.b71fff48bfb0d3153e94d6e881f0e369.jpgHoly Cow Bat Man!!!! .... what was I thinking.  Please blame it on my head and not my heart. I totally failed at my mandatory post-purchase photo-sharing duties!!!  🙂   As my wife keeps telling me....you have to do better!!! 

Some explainers:

-  My man cave/study/hide-a-way is as square as you get (including size!).   About 15' x 15. Ceilings are about 9'. Furnishings are a bit of this and that, and not much of either. The room is having a major identity crisis. I wanted to get the important things first. 

-  The set up is:    

Netgear Nighthawk Router/Tidal Streaming --- (RJ 45 Cat5e) --- > NAD CS 1 --- (Tosk link) --> RME-ADI2 FS DAC/Pre --- (RCA)--- > Alan Eaton 2 wpc SET amp --- (Mogami cable) --- > Heresy's IV

-  The REM-ADI2 Dac is lower right.  The yellow lights are continuous visual frequencies.

-  The NAD C1 DSD end point is at lower left - small blue light.   The NAD unit supports Tidal...which is the main reason I bought it.  Plus the price was about $350.00

-  Upper shelf is the Alan Eaton SET 45 amp. About 2 wpc. I was skeptical, but with Heresy’s, if I turn the knobs all the way, it is equivalent of about a forty wpc solid state amp. That is a rough estimate based on having owned a lower wattage SS amp years ago.  Anyway, it gets plenty loud that I would never turn it all the way up.

The Heresy IV are in Walnut with the "lamb’s wool" grills. They are everything I had hoped for, and more. I was happily surprised to find the stands came with them.  Right now, I have no reason to change them. I'll see what the room is going to look like with some furniture and a little moving around.  Some say taller stands are better. That will come later.

You all did me a huge favor getting me over the hump. Money is always a factor, at least with the people I know. No one wants to make a high-dollar mistake. After looking at all the comparable speakers (in the Heresy price range), I kept coming back to them. At that price, it is mostly bookshelf speakers, and the tower type (i.e. Focal) which seem to me are the same bookshelf speakers with a longer to the floor cabinet. I saw a lot of speakers with full-range drivers (sometimes just one). Again, kept coming back to Heresy IV's. I had looked around my area up to about a 4-hour drive time for a pre-owned set but had no luck at all. Did that for about 6 months. I knew I was getting close. Then I put my post out there and you all responded.  That did it. Pulling the trigger was not hard to do then. I dialed the number, order them up…and am glad I did. No regrets!

• Like 3