Ran four Heritage speakers together

The sound came through very clear. Having the Heresy close together isn't good, but having them forward vs the Forte would have the two pair's sound reaching your ears at two different times. Also, those are Forte 1s? the grills are a little different than the ones I had. 

• Like 1

I don’t get the point of this experiment. Having two sets of different speakers playing at the same time in different positions has to destroy the soundstage of a track cut for stereo reproduction. 

no harm done here but the question remains - Why?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Fido said:

I don’t get the point of this experiment. Having two sets of different speakers playing at the same time in different positions has to destroy the soundstage of a track cut for stereo reproduction. 

no harm done here but the question remains - Why?

Which brings us back to the old saying "just because you can do a thing, doesn't mean you should"...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Idontknow said:

Had I not tried it for myself, I wouldn't really know.

Most of us here have done similar things and said similar words.... it's a part of the journey. 

After a lot of moving them in, out; forward then back; toed a little this way and then that, I have made the Forte 'disappear' and made a soundstage. They are great speakers. I want to hear the Heresy 4.    

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 9:01 PM, derrickdj1 said:

What was the point of this flawed test.  In the end we were held hostage to a badly design video.  I  hit ff button. Nothing wrong with owner's pride.

Brutal. 🤣

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 12:45 PM, Idontknow said:

Putting the Heresy's on top of the forte's upside down will give you significantly greater results. People will still scream and shout about how wrong it is but I've done this several times and it works great, at least with like speakers. The early Heresy models have a lower sensitivity than the forte so that may have a negative impact but not sure how much. Either way, stacking them trying to align the drivers in both cabinets should improve the sound by quite a bit.

• Like 3

One speaker per audio channel please 🙂

If'ns you're feeling the urge to play two sets of speakers for two channel stereo, I might suggest that it's time for a larger, more capable singular pair of speakers.

If you compare "Fortes Only" at 8:58-9:15ish vs both speakers at 10:00-10:15 the"effect" you get (a wah-wah-wah-wah) on the "both" becomes apparent how this can "mess" with things a bit. 

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Putting the Heresy's on top of the forte's upside down will give you significantly greater results. People will still scream and shout about how wrong it is but I've done this several times and it works great, at least with like speakers. The early Heresy models have a lower sensitivity than the forte so that may have a negative impact but not sure how much. Either way, stacking them trying to align the drivers in both cabinets should improve the sound by quite a bit.

That's another interesting experiment. There was a guy on here years ago who used to do this with Cornwalls (IB Slammin or something). All the same speakers so it was easier to get them to "line up".

On 4/4/2024 at 2:45 PM, Idontknow said:

....and that's really "where it's at". So long as the amp can drive the load, no foul trying here, even if we learn some "works/not works" along the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Audible Nectar said:

One speaker per audio channel please 🙂

If'ns you're feeling the urge to play two sets of speakers for two channel stereo, I might suggest that it's time for a larger, more capable singular pair of speakers.

I tend to agree with this but nothing wrong with utilizing what you have on hand even if just experimenting or having fun.

45 minutes ago, Audible Nectar said:

That's another interesting experiment. There was a guy on here years ago who used to do this with Cornwalls (IB Slammin or something). All the same speakers so it was easier to get them to "line up".

People been doing this forever, believe I've seen some cave art depicting it somewhere.

post-11084-13819298508052.jpg

• Like 4

I've experimented with stuff like this in the past soooo many times. I had a blast doing it. In the end though it made doing things the proper way more rewarding and satisfying. 

It's all part of the journey. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Matrix, quadrophonic, it's all fun. Was a thing, upon a time.

With an old Sansui model, more fun.

My favorite is listening to my 5.1 mix SACD's with my RF7/RC7/RS7 HT system.
I still prefer my Forte's for 2 channel listening, but don't care for the 2 channel and the HT system at the same time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Southern said:

I still prefer my Forte's for 2 channel listening, but don't care for the 2 channel and the HT system at the same time. 

Yes prefer the stereo side also.

Prefer no sub in that mode. Just me but lots of folks listening with the limited bookshelf lower range do. Rightly so... You of course have no such problem, lol Nice system.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Southern said:
3 hours ago, billybob said:

Matrix, quadrophonic, it's all fun. Was a thing, upon a time.

With an old Sansui model, more fun.

Ha! I never listen to 2 channel. Up until last year I was like the Southern gentleman for almost 2 decades with multichannel concert videos thrown in...That said, lately I've been watching YouTube videos matrixed into 9.2 using Dolby PLIIz and am impressed how it works. 

• Like 2