No More "Quasi-Heritage" - Our Identity Is Confirmed!

dougdrake

Defenders of the erstwhile Quasi-Heritage faith!! Raise your glass in victory, and with pride!!! Yes, we who scraped and clawed and begged to be considered owners of Heritage speakers, who have been kicked to the curb far too often, can finally stand tall and proud, chins up, non-horn-loaded bass speakers leading the charge!!!

Of what do I speak? Cast your eyes upon the revamped listing of Classic Classics, in the Heritage sub-category, and what will you find? Our beloved Forte, Quartet, Chorus, and Academy sharing disk space right alongside the likes of Heresy, Cornwall, Rebel, Shorthorn and even the 50th Anniversay Klipschorn! It is a day that will live forever (or maybe until the next post).

Carry On!!!!!!

"Don't know why but that gave me a good giggle."

Only a Heritage owner would understand2.gif

Of particular interest was the clarification on the Cornwall. I have read posts on the forum stating that the Cornwall was "no longer Heritage" because Heritage nomenclature was only given to models in current production.

WHAAAAAAT?

Blasphemy, I say! PWK designed the Cornwall....it's a Heritage. Born a Heritage, always a Heritage. End of story.

I do find it interesting that the Chorus, Forte, and Quartet designations have been clarified as well. I always referred to these as "the Heritage Brothers", the second generation of Heritage voiced speakers. If they look like a Heritage, sound like a Heritage.....well, they must certainly be Heritage.

I would classify the Heritage line as speakers that have been produced for a longer period of time in Klipsch history, or at least have to wait 20 or 25 years to get into the club. They should have to earn their status, not be grand-fathered in. In any case, my 14 year old Forte 2's sound most excellent pounding out live Zeppelin.

NP - How The West Was Won

----------------

On 5/28/2003 8:15:03 AM horonzak wrote:

I wonte accept them as Heritage but as basterds userping the throne of the original line. Storm the walls of KLIPSH LLC. Over throw them. Dont accept the Heretics.

----------------

The multitude of misspellings in your amusing little tirade only serves to demonstrate the weakness of your claims; nomenclature does not impress me nearly as much as the fact that my Klipsch Fortes kick azz. (...and the last word was intentionally misspelled to slip past the silly automatic censor).

So then, how would I clerify my custom klipsch center?

I'm lost and need some direction.

It looks like a heritage, sounds like a heritage, but has 3 mothers that gave birth to its drivers

Do I mount my heritage copper klipsch logo on it or do I use the Pie logo? is it the red pill or the blue pill?

14.gif

post-8797-13819247521218_thumb.jpg

Hello:

The answer to which are the "actual Heritage" lies within the Klipsch Literature and the PWK Pie logo. The Cornwalls were Heritage and looking at one piece of the Klipsch literature, you have a pair of Klipschorns with a Cornwall as a center. Cornwalls were available in pairs as were the Heresys, LaScalas and the K-Horns.

All mentioned above did have at one time the "pie" logo. They all were switched over to the copper logo, and the Heresy and the Cornwall were re-configured with different horns and gained the "II" designation. To note, if one needs a mid-range horn assembly for the Heresy II, the driver is available but the plastic horn is not.

The Choruses I and II, Forte's and Quartets (am not familiar with Academys I'm ashamed to say) were produced while Mr. Paul W. Klipsch was still active to a degree. Thus they would have either his blessing or I'm sure we would have heard that he would have called them bull$hit speakers. Thus to me they qualify as Heritage along with forerunners mentioned and those I have not mentioned as they were already in the other posts. It is unique to me that the "pie" is in the left hand of the copper logo - a tribute to the originator.

I am the proud owner of a Porsche 944 Turbo.. Case n point the origin was a 924 which was co produced by VW. When the 944 were made by Porsche specifically the 1986-1989 944 Turbos which were lighter and almost and in some cases the fastest too...except for the Turbo 911's came out, Porsche people (read 911 owners who by the way get pissed off if you do not pronounce it por- sha... LOL) said that is not a real Porsche. Oh really? It is 1/2 of the biggest and baddest at the time Porsche the 928. (It had 8 cylendars and the 944 had 4, same engine tweeked in Germany. I have had mine tweeked some more now 298 Horse Power... well you get the idea.. At the time Porsche said the fastest production 4 cylendar sports car in the world.

Well the 928 has been scrapped... people today a little less critical now embrace it as a true Porsche...The boxter while new can't hold a candle to mine speed wise or just runnin on rails feel.. so I keep mine until it gets to be faster and more fun.

That long winded explanation is this..

You always were Klipsch... And yes some lines "in the transition years when Paul might have not been quite as involved were created." (read the book it is a fantastic history... came out this line.) It is Klipsch heritage, it does sound great, so welcome now..get the chip off your shoulder and just enjoy that you have such great speakers you love anyhow. Now, aren't we all one big happy family!!!