Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Hey all. First post on the klipsch forum.

Here is my setup: RF-63 powered with a Parasound A23 and an RC-62 powered with the Onkyo 807 reciver. The cabinett is DIY :)

ztdatc.jpg

2w50yyq.jpg

Only bad thing with this is my room. Solid concrete everywhere and a girlfriend that wont accept a bunch of a acoustic plates allaround [6]

But not bad for 21 year old student ey?

Welcome to the forum! Those are fantastic speakers, and so much more than I could have even dreamed of at 21. Now, if you're serious about your hobby, you're going to have to figure something out with that gf. You deserve someone with a higher SAF (Speaker Acceptance Factor). [;)]

Of course, if she doesn't want them around, I'd be happy to hold on to those for you.

Hehe, she has already accepted alot of crasy stuff from me, so its my turn to be nice :P. She promised me a room for myself when we are done with college and getting a house :)

I worked my *** off for getting where i am today. Countless hours behind the counter at the super market.

AC/DC sounds fantastic :D

Here is my setup: RF-63 powered with a Parasound A23 and an RC-62 powered with the Onkyo 807 reciver. The cabinett is DIY :)

ztdatc.jpg

2w50yyq.jpg

Only bad thing with this is my room. Solid concrete everywhere and a girlfriend that wont accept a bunch of a acoustic plates allaround Devil

Welcome to the forum... Excellent setup at any age... The bug to upgrade and improve your system, most likely, will never go away... play on...

Crimer,

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice setup.

Only bad thing with this is my room. Solid concrete everywhere and a girlfriend that wont accept a bunch of a acoustic plates allaround Devil

I too have a lot of concrete. Add a couple of throw rugs, some big fluffy pillows, thick drapes for windows, full dress for bed, and that will help alleviate some of your acoustic issues if any and show her that you have a decorative side to your many other talents.[;)]

Just one suggestion about the gear, if you see a great deal on an RC-64, ****** it up if possible. While the RC-62 works just fine with the RF-63's(I had one before my 64), the RC-64 will truly complete the front soundstage. It is a different animal.

Not bad at all.[Y] I did not obtain my RF-63 speakers until three years ago at the ripe age of 44. Caution: This is only the beginning.[:D]

Bill

Thanks all!

Only bad thing with this is my room.
Solid concrete everywhere and a girlfriend that wont accept a bunch of a
acoustic plates allaround Devil

I
too have a lot of concrete. Add a couple of throw rugs, some big
fluffy pillows, thick drapes for windows, full dress for bed, and that
will help alleviate some of your acoustic issues if any and show her
that you have a decorative side to your many other talents.Wink

Just
one suggestion about the gear, if you see a great deal on an RC-64,
****** it up if possible. While the RC-62 works just fine with the
RF-63's(I had one before my 64), the RC-64 will truly complete the front
soundstage. It is a different animal.

Yea, the rc-64 is on my wishlist. Its hard to find the mark 1 now. Hows the mark 2 for the rf-63?

This summer me and my girlfriend are taking a three week trip to the US, and there goes all my savings :P

But the beast rc-64 looks great and i have my eyes open towards the used market.

Welcome to the forum! May you stay for 10000 posts. [:P]

Nice setup! If you can, try to space out those speakers a bit and let them image a bit.

When I was 21, I got a pair of JBL 4311 studio monitors and a Dynaco ST70. Everyone had that size of speakers in the early 70s. The RF-63s would have been huge then. Now I have LaScalas... and Heresy IIs (Still have the JBLs, btw, and they still sound good)

You setup looks great!. I assume you are in a pretty small apartment?

Bruce

Hehe.

In norway they had a great sale on the this generation RF series, when the new one came last summer and that gave me the opportunity to buy them. I had the rf-62 before, but just wanted the 63 so bad :P

Even though they are way big for my little apartment. I live in a student complex for couples. Big block with many 42m2 apartments with a livingroom thats about 20m2.

This product looks great for my concrete: http://www.audimutesoundproofing.com/audimute-sound-absorption-sheets-materials-that-absorb-sound-soundproofing-blankets.aspx

Too bad the shipping to norway is twice the price than the product :/

A friend of mine is an acoustic engineer and have taken a roomanalyze of my livingroom and there is a big dip in the upper midbass and it make som music sound a little hard.

I cant wait to be finnished with my studies, get a job, and build me a great listeningroom :D

And if i win the lottery, im getting the Palladium p-39f :D

I think the RB-75 would be perfect for my room. To bad none of the bookshelfspeakers today have the "good" horn.

Thanks all!

Only bad thing with this is my room.

Solid concrete everywhere and a girlfriend that wont accept a bunch of a

acoustic plates allaround Devil

I

too have a lot of concrete. Add a couple of throw rugs, some big

fluffy pillows, thick drapes for windows, full dress for bed, and that

will help alleviate some of your acoustic issues if any and show her

that you have a decorative side to your many other talents.Wink

Just

one suggestion about the gear, if you see a great deal on an RC-64,

****** it up if possible. While the RC-62 works just fine with the

RF-63's(I had one before my 64), the RC-64 will truly complete the front

soundstage. It is a different animal.

Yea, the rc-64 is on my wishlist. Its hard to find the mark 1 now. Hows the mark 2 for the rf-63?

This summer me and my girlfriend are taking a three week trip to the US, and there goes all my savings :P

But the beast rc-64 looks great and i have my eyes open towards the used market.

The mark 1 rc64 is available on audiogon right now. Decent price too

Jason, Power makes the RC64 sound much better. I currently am running a 200W Emotiva though it and it sounds much better to me than it did prior to adding the amp. In fact, I was disappointed with the speaker before I made the change as it did sound nearly as clear and well defined before. In fact I'm considering adding more power though the RC-64, say maybe 300W or even 500W. If members have opinions about this I would like to hear them if its not too much like stealing the thread as it may be helpful to the original author. Nic

• Moderators

In fact I'm considering adding more power though the RC-64, say maybe 300W or even 500W. If members have opinions about this I would like to hear them if its not too much like stealing the thread as it may be helpful to the original author. Nic

I doubt you will hear any difference between your 200w and a 300w or even a 500w. Just my opinion.

In fact I'm considering adding more power though the RC-64, say maybe 300W or even 500W. If members have opinions about this I would like to hear them if its not too much like stealing the thread as it may be helpful to the original author. Nic

I doubt you will hear any difference between your 200w and a 300w or even a 500w. Just my opinion.

agreed!

Ym, Appreciated as its a pricey jump yet I have my suspicions that their may be some other opinions. As Sgt Friday said. "just the facts...just the facts...". Of course if I knew the facts, I wouldn't be asking would I? I would like to hear more. Shake

• Moderators

As far as facts, you will need to doublt your power to achieve a 3db increase in volume. So going from 200w to 300w, you wouldn't hear a difference. Would you have more headroom with 500watt....sure you would. Could you "hear" a difference (if everything is the same except for the amount of power), I think it would be marginal at best. I have had my Parasound pushing all 5 of my speakers are pretty intense volumes and I never felt it was running out of gas. My ears will give out LONG before the amp will. Other opinions are welcomed.

• Moderators

Keep in mind too that if you are looking at a 500 watt/ch amp, you are likely looking at a Monoblock amp which could sound different than a multichannel amp due to it's design. Most really high end systems use Monoblock amps as opposed to multichannel amps. But what I always go back to is cost to performance ratio. Can my ears hear $xxx.xx worth of difference? Me personally, I'm not going to spend 3 times the amount unless I can hear 3 times the difference. Everyone has their own view of what is worth the extra money for the amount of performance gain an "upgrade" will produce.

B Collie, Thanks for the compliment. I love my system. The 11.2 configuration gives a really great effect and two subs are the way to go until I find a third I like and have the money to buy I have the Emo running the fronts, centers, and side surrounds. Since the preliminary returns suggest that I have nothing to gain with more wattage on any of those then I think it might work to amp up the rear surrounds and front heights. I'll probably borrow an amp first to try it out. Can't do any harm that way. Thanks to all who offer an opinion or otherwise. Nic

• dtel pinned this topic