Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

http://www.wood-tech.com/content/fgh-16

as for the TV, It's not been professionally calibrated, but I don't see the need!!! Tweaked it with my own test patterns and I love it.

FYI..... I have a samsung LN52A750 and I thought professional calibrations were bogus until I bought a new TV for my bedroom and got two free calibrations. WOW what a difference! I think Best Buy charges $300 for a calibration, but you can get them cheaper if you are buying something. Best picture I have seen on anything. Cheers.

I have the LN52A650 calibrated and yeah, its a huge difference. I also work for Best Buy and get a discount, but the calibrations are $199 now instead of $300. And yeah, if you are buying other things, they can make some things cheaper to help pay for a calibration. I use to think that it was all BS, but the calibrated TVs look so much better.

While finishing the trim in my new HT room I put on some music and my Onkyo blew-up...started smoking and shut down. On monday I'll be shipping it to Denver for repair. Bummer! On top of that, my Epson 8350 got damaged in transit and the seller was out of stock. Had to reorder on that. Well, with that bad news, I thought I would post some pics today. Still need the pj screen and a stand for the center, but here's what I got:

post-48136-13819640084262_thumb.jpg

Looks good. There are a couple things I like about your set up. The Rw12d's look great. Never heard them unfortunately but the big drivers matching the L/R/C looks cool. Also the crown moulding looks good. When I built the trim around my screen I used the square blocks like you have around your doors (to eliminate the 45's). It's a nice idea that helps make trim soooo much easier. Also love the doors

nice.

are those OC 703?

i got 12 in my 1900cf room. just bought another case of 12 pieces. need to work on those for the ceiling and corner bass trap.

No, they have 2 inch thick cellulose inside them. I did not want to go with fiberglass because of the hazards.

I have the LN52A650 calibrated and yeah, its a huge difference. I also work for Best Buy and get a discount, but the calibrations are $199 now instead of $300. And yeah, if you are buying other things, they can make some things cheaper to help pay for a calibration. I use to think that it was all BS, but the calibrated TVs look so much better.

I also work at Best Buy and I can attest that it made a world of difference once I got my Pioneer Elite ISF calibrated. I knew it wasn't just me when my wife actually said "WOW that looks awesome!" lol.

• dtel pinned this topic