lets see YOUR two channel setups

----------------

On 6/26/2005 11:45:50 AM Erukian wrote:

MD1032, the bass on those things is unbeatable. Even compared to klipschorns because it's perfectly flat down past 20hz, they dont have to exactly battle room acoustics, at all. No room modes to worry about.
:)

I would definately consider Grado the Klipsch of headphones, very efficient and very dynamic.

-Joe

----------------

Yes, that's something I always look for in speakers that (good) headphones never have a problem with - flat bass response. When I hear a descending bass guitar line, I don't like to hear my PM4.1 subwoofer hitting resonance spikes every other note and have the other notes barely audible.

For what it's worth, I heard some of the new F3's at Best Buy the other day and was amazed at how consistent the bass response was. They were really amazing speakers with the most headphone-like bass response I've ever heard yet still having that awesome heart-pounding speaker prescence. And the imaging was scary good - one area where the Grados fall flat on their face.

system consists of a pair of la scalas, dynaco st 70, juicy blueberry upgraded woth nos tubes, jolida jd100, nakamichi rs 505, basis 1400 with rega 300 upgraded wireing and a grado sonata referance, marantz model 125 tuner, and a teac X 1000 R reel to reel and of course the albums etc... and like i said im waaiting on the vrd's10.gif Joe

----------------

On 6/28/2005 3:52:08 AM joessportster wrote:

system consists of a pair of la scalas, dynaco st 70, juicy blueberry upgraded woth nos tubes, jolida jd100, nakamichi rs 505, basis 1400 with rega 300 upgraded wireing and a grado sonata referance, marantz model 125 tuner, and a teac X 1000 R reel to reel and of course the albums etc... and like i said im waaiting on the vrd's
10.gif
Joe

----------------

Joe,

Nice system! Any mods to your JD100? Care to share your thoughts? Mine is stock, except for the tubes.

MVC-006S11.JPG

This was posted about a month ago. There is some fisheye distortion due to the photo merge but this will give you a good idea of my rig at this point in time.

From the top down:

Regga Planar 3 with Grace 747 arm and Grace F9E cart.

VTL Ultimate preamp

Yamaha 10 band EQ, Yes it is of consumer grade but it is only used on early CDs

Yamaha Tuner

Pioneer 24 disc CD changer/player

Sony cassette tape player/recorder

Sonic Frontiers Power 1 amp. 55wpc 6550/ 6dj8 based P/P

Speakers = 1986 OO Cornwalls

cwm1.jpg

post-14862-13819266818358_thumb.jpg

my jolida is stock except fornew old stock tubes, this is hands down the best cd player i have heard, if you can tell i have a standard type cd one of onkyo's better models setting above the jolida and the sound is considerably bettere on the jolida, more life like, spacious better seperation etc... 10.gif Joe

----------------

On 6/28/2005 4:39:40 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

nice to see someone with some software Joe! Nice mountain-o-albums!

Michael

----------------

thanks michael, you only see about 1/2 of the albums in the pic, i will be unloading quite a few albums in a couple weeks. that pic was taken with 1227 albums on the shelf i am over 1400 now and still have 100 to go thru and check for doubles this doesnt include the probably 500 i have already set aside to get rid of, and i am waiting on a shipment of 800 more when all is said and done i will have around 2000 albums on this shelf enough to keep me occupied for a long time, that and 400 cd,s and 700 cassettes, 40 reels (JESUS WILL IT EVER STOP)10.gif Joe

That looks like mapleshade or timbenation rack. Both are custom made and fantastic looking. Been thinking of one of those myself, but decided on independant maple platforms. I also tried the brass footers on all my gear but found the finite element cerapucs to be superior on my gear. The brass footers work great under Cornwalls, that's for sure.

No Disc