What speakers did you own before becoming Klipschheads?

www.records

Since I started this mess, I will be the first to confess.

4 way Sansui's

Bose 301's ( I fell for the advertisements)

Bose 601's (Still trying to get it right, but failed again)

Pioneer 4 ways CS-e9900

Polk something or others (cheap polks for sure)

Klipsch KG4's (stacked these on my Pioneers)

Altec 604-8G's Model 17's

Even though I don't currently own Klipsch, I love horns.

Bose 901's

Several varieties of JBL's

Standard Air Force/Navy Exchange offerings. I remember seeing Khorns in

the speaker room at the Subic Bay Navy Exchange (only Klipsch they had

in stock) and thinking "Man, those things are as big as a freakin'

refrigerator!" "Who'd want something like that?"

Of course when I had to move every few years, and had a weight limit

for all of my worldly possessions, I viewed things a bit differently.

I started with a University speaker enclosure kit and a University Diffusicone 12, a fu;; range speaker in the 50s.. I later added a University Sperecon tweeter . With the advent of stereo I duplicated this set-up. Then I bought a dual voice coil 15" University Woofer and a couple of University crossovers and another bigger University enclosure kit,. The Diffussicones became my midranges and the new dual coil woofer became the woofer for both channels - you see sub woofers go way back to the 50s. I had those speakers untill the late 70s were I used them in a nightclub I owned in NYC. They were great speakers. The original Klipschorns used some University components. I used EICO kit tube electronics.

1984 Bose 301's

1989 Bose 601's

2000 Altec lansing model 14's that were given to me.\

2005 I saw the light, listened to some heresy's and said klipsch were for me. I discovered this website and then bought new heresy's and a rw12, then some beautiful LaScala's off Ebay (I had Dean did wave his magic wand on them), then another forum member looking after another (me) led me to some gorgeous 1984 Cornwalls, which I also had Dean work on. Now I am in audio bliss.........well almost. I want to get some vrd's and try tubes, but also thinking I can get a 5 channel Aragon 2005/2007 in the 1400-1800 dollar price range and wonder if that is not a better route to take.

My first system (bought in high school) included crappy TransAudio speakers (Pacific Stereo house brand). The're still at Mom's house. In college, I bought Yamaha bookshelf speakers (NS-5). Those were nicer, but in no stretch of the imagination compare to ANY of my Klipsch speakers.