Our friend Bob Crites is in the hospital.

Daddy Dee

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the updates Michael. Glad to hear your Dad is on the upswing. Hope he resisted the urge to upgrade any hospital equipment during his stay.

Positive vibes going out from Indianapolis!

Michael C. (oh that's you too) Colter.....

Michael, thanks for the latest on your dad. We're all wishing him a speedy recovery!

Bob will be pleased to know that yet another forum member (my brother chops) is grinnin' from ear to ear with his new tweeters and caps in the family Cornwalls. That should get Bob dancing the jig again in no time flat.[;)] Take care...

Get well soon Bob, and take care of yourself as you do with the parts business, %100!

Just recieved new type A crossovers from Bob a few days ago before this news, even under his circumstances was a great transaction, above and beyond the call, %110 should be the feedback.

Got a call from Bob this morning. He was waiting on the doc to make rounds and hoping that he will be able to go home today. Don't have confirmation on that for now.

Bob mentioned that things came out with the best he could have hoped for among the possible outcomes and he is glad for that.

I'm Back!!

Just read through this thread and am impressed (again) with the caring an support from members of this forum.

The doc that brought me back from the depths back in 1999 was afraid he would not be able to pull this one out of the hat. Ha, little did he know that Dee enlisted such a group of people to implore the Almighty on my behalf. It was a surprise to all the docs involved that this was as "simple" as a 99 + percent blockage of an easily accessible artery. All the other 16 year old grafts are still in good shape. This artery was causing a fast heart rate that was at first diagnosed as likely an electrical problem in the heart that would require a pacemaker/cardioverter to be implanted. Turned out the blockage was just poor blood flow to the part of the heart that controls heart rate.

I somehow made it through this episode with no additional heart damage although 100 percent blockage of the artery that was more than 99 percent blocked would likely have not been survivable.

The health situation looks pretty good now. I had been taking a lot of sustained release nitrates to control pain for the last several years. Now I am home from the hospital taking no nitrates for pain control and (so far at least) no heart pain. My ejection fraction (for you who are concerned with the technical end of this) is about 35 percent, about the same number as I have had for a dozen or so years.

Just as another interesting thing about this, the local family doc, Dr, Berner, gave me several injectons of Lovenox just as a precaution in case what was going on was a clot forming although it did not seem to him that was likely. That act probably got me to the bigger hospital alive.

Again, I am humbled and appreciative of the caring and support given me and my family.

Bob Crites