Jubilee orders

Coytee

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I did it. I just hung up after ordering a pair of Jubilees and the EV DX-38 to go with them.

[<:o)]

Congrats Richard! [:D]

I for one really like the looks of this Jubilee. It's like art to me in that " Form Follows Function " way. Just like other Beautifull mechanical designs such as some Turntables, Cars, Motorcycles, etc..... that come quickly to mind.

mike from TN[:)]

Ya, the design is already "made"...that part is easy. The hard/expensive part is actually building it well and then tweaking for inconsistencies between the model and real life performance - which requires some good measuring ability (the part I'm waiting on). The build isn't exactly cheap either...probably around $3k for a pair actually, which is a crap load of money for this college boy. But that's what grandparents are for [;)]

Roy say's Active is the optimum way to go with the Jubilee so that Time Delay can be compensated for but for anyone interested in the Jubilee but want to use a passive crossover option here is a copy of Roy's passive crossover design with even more tweeking done (since we heard it at Hope) for the best blend between Low/High Horns. Roy offered to share this with people interested in this Jubilee. I felt that the blend between the Horns was very good with the passive and should be even better now since Roy has optimized it since the Hope Visit and would be a very good option for those that want to keep it simple.

mike TN[:)]

KPTKHJKPT402K69A.pdf

Congrats!!!!

Way to stick out the old manhood! Mrs. Bobbit is incarcerated isn't she? Might tell your wife about that.

I don't know what you are thinking as to finish, but if they are making a run, I would ask to have a pair pulled from the line before they shoot them. That texture might be a real bitsh to remove.

Terry

mikebse2a3

Looks good in my book.

intresting, an in-line resistor as opposed to an autoformer. A few folks got shot on this forum last week at the thought.

Any idea what the intended xover point is?

Doesn't look like our assumed 800hz.

First up is Mike and then we have The Cayotte howling at the

moon. Tell you one thing, by the time that dynamic duo are

through brewing up those crossovers, that part of Tennessee is

going to be the USA's center of awesome sound.

Congratulations to both of you.

The passive won't be an easy build with all those elements. It might be easier to split the network using two boards and jumpering the two sections together. Some of those parts won't be easy to source. Because of high part count, it makes sense to use Mylars (cost considerations), but I wouldn't know who has them in all those values. The steel laminates are problematic too. Someone might want to inquire if Klipsch would be willing to sell the parts as a loose kit. If I was doing this I wouldn't want the Mylars, but having access to the right inductors would be a big help.

The passive won't be an easy build with all those elements. It might be easier to split the network using two boards and jumpering the two sections together. Some of those parts won't be easy to source. Because of high part count, it makes sense to use Mylars (cost considerations), but I wouldn't know who has them in all those values. The steel laminates are problematic too. Someone might want to inquire if Klipsch would be willing to sell the parts as a loose kit. If I was doing this I wouldn't want the Mylars, but having access to the right inductors would be a big help.

I don't want to put words in Roy's mouth but Best I can remember I think the acoustical crossover ended up being close to 650Hz (Maybe Roy can say for sure if he sees this). I know he continued to work with it well after the Hope Gathering because as he had mentioned in an e-mail to me that as parts values and crossover points are changed he would have retested the acoustical results looking at both amplituted and phase throughout the crossover areas to make sure both behaved well. In other words Roy has given alot of attention to this passive crossover.

Yes a Kit of parts would be helpfull.

Also while at the Hope Gathering Roy mentioned that it might be possible to have a vendor build them if there was at least 50 ordered. So how about some Jubilee Orders from the other STATES![;)]

Dean is right about it being a challenge to locate the value of some of these Coils. If you have the measurement equipment a person could buy the closest available value and then either Wind or Unwind the appropriate amount of wire to bring the values into spec. which is what I was going to do till I decided to just go ahead and go with an Active Crossover which is what I had eventually planed to do anyway.

mike TN[:)]

Mike (Mikebse2a3...and boy, doesn't THAT just roll off the tongue [:S]) was the FIRST one to buy these...the dirty dog put his order in last week!! So he's the one that gets the Kudos for stepping up to the plate. I didn't know if he wanted his name blatently put out there but for all the comments going my way, I feel duty bound to deflect some towards him.

Roy DID say something about needing an order run of about 50 to have the networks built... and perhaps Chris (Popbumper) might be able to supply them if all the details can be worked out.

SURELY there are others here that can do this if I can do this?

If you're just mildly considering it, I'd urge you to give a call so you can find out all the details... that alone, might be enough to boot you over the edge.