MD/DC/NO. VA Kilpsch/Musicfest Cancelled

garymd

I've put this off for a few days now but Larry had a fall last Friday and has been in the ICU of the Naval Hospital at NIH with a broken scapula (shoulder) and 2 broken vertabrae in his neck.

I saw him yesterday and although he's not doing very well right now, the Drs. are optimistic about his chances for a full recovery but it might take quite a while. Even if he has a miraculous recovery, he certainly won't be in any shape to host the gathering. At best he'll be on bedrest with a neck brace and sling.

Larry put so much time and effort into this event and I know he'll be devasted. For now, please pray for his recovery and I'll pass all your best wishes to him when I visit this afternoon.

If anyone still wants to come for the concert and Larry is able to get the tickets to me, I'll be happy to pass them on to anyone who wants to stop by my house. There will however, be no gathering at my house or Larry's (obviously). Feel free to come sightsee and go to the show if that becomes an option.

Larry's recovery is the most important thing right now and he'll need all the prayers and support of this forum.

I'll be checking my PMs periodically if anyone needs to get in touch. You can leave me your phone number and I'll do my best to get back to you.

- Gary

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gary,

This is definitely some sad news indeed. If you could, please provide me with Larry's room number when he is able to take calls... I would greatly appreciate it.

As you know, it's too late for me to cancel my ticket so I'll be coming. If there are others that would like to go to the concert I would still like to go. I hope that you would be one of those that would like to attend as well... let me know.

When Larry gets better I am sure he will plan another and I will get to meet all you fine folks. I was really looking forward to meeting Dean, and hoping to get a chance to listen to those pCATs. I'm sure all of that will happen in a future get-together.

Again, real sorry to hear about this and can only hope that Larry gets better real soon. If he is still in the hospital next weekend I will definitely pay him a visit, and will do the same if he is at home.

Mike

Sad news indeed! I think your decision is correct <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Gary. I know Larry was really looking forward to this and it would be a shame for him to either miss it or not be able to enjoy it completely. There will be other opportunities that all of us, (Larry, in particular) will be able to look forward to. As you all know, the build up is usually a fun and enjoyable part of the whole process.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For all of you that might not be aware, the G-man is stepping up to the plate and helping Larry to a great extent. We should all be grateful for his efforts here. Gary represents what is best about the Klipsch Forums. Get well Larry and thank you Gary!

Best wishes for Larry. It must be a terrific disappointment for him after all this meticulous planning, but of course the health aspect is much more important compared to an audio get-together of friends. It hurts me just thinking about broken neck bones.

I can't begin to express how sorry I am this happened. I had lots of back and forth emails with Larry and I know he was really, really excited this. As we all were.

Best wishes and warm thoughts go out to Larry. We are all hoping for a speedy recovery.

Scott, you are right on the mark about Gary stepping up. He is a true friend to help out Larry in so many ways.

OUCH! That's terrible news but I am thankful that Larry's prognosis is encouraging. Gary, please pass along my sincerest hopes for a quick and complete recovery. Also, let me know if there's anything I can do to help either Larry or anyone who is jammed up for the weekend. A true disappointment all the way 'round.

Best thoughts to Larry -Bryan

Gary,

Give Larry our best wishes for a speedy recovery. Its really to bad I know he was looking forward to the weekends activities.

I know Caroline and I would still like to go to the concert if you can get the tickets. I know it would still be nice if some of us could get together for the concerts at least.

You have my number, let me know if you need any help with anything.

Steve

I'll print this thread for Larry as soon as he is up to reading (or listening). I know all the kind words will help to lift his spirits.

They moved him out of the ICU and into a room where he should be able to get some rest but it's too soon to predict when he might be going home. It could be a while.[:(]