Brain Stroke Incurred

Thankfully you're going to be OK. Maybe this is the BIG MAN saying time to stop smoking.... My thoughts and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery. Best of luck with stopping smoking ... not starting again is one of the toughest things people do.

I am very sorry to hear that, but the BIG MAN has already helped you. Believe me, I truly understand medical problems, had a few myself the past couple of years, but I now thank God for everyday that I wake up ............... Follow your Doctor's instructions, ready to quit smoking now, I bet, and take your meds. You have already won .......... Your Alive ............. Best Wishes, and Good Luck .... and keep the Cornwalls volume down .....

Klipsched, Glad to hear things are on the mend. Not to make light of a stroke, my father in law has had several minor ones and fortunately, has recovered to the point that you'd have no clue. So get yourself on the mend and do what you need to do. Quitting smoking can be quite difficult. My wife ended up going "cold turkey" however she got addicted to the nicotine gum for a year as that became her replacement. Over the following year, she weened herself off the gum and today, it's been about 10 years that she's been a quitter.

Brain Strokes suck.

Technically, I think they blow?

Since you've recovered so well already, I guess we can now say it was a stroke of luck, eh?[*-)]

Best wishes for a continued recovery, and good luck kicking the cigs!

Good thing that everything seems so far so good. When I was young my father had a bad stroke that caused him to lose 1/4 of his brain and alot of function on his right side (he is righty). It took 1 year of rehabilitation and he spent over 1 month in intensive care. But that was a long time ago. You sure did dodge a bigger bullet. Now eat right, exercise, no more salts and fats and reduce the red meat.