Thursday's the day: Paloma's surgery

fini

Howdy, gang! It's finally (almost) here: my (17-year-old) baby's surgery. Gastric bipass to finally "cure" her grade 4 of 4 acid reflux. She hasn't been below a 7 or 8 (on that all-too-familiar 10-step pain scale) in years. FINALLY, my friends, she will get relief. It has been an 8-month struggle to get the medical and insurance stars to align to get to this point.

I ask simply that my Klipsch brethren keep Paloma in their thoughts and prayers this Thursday morning(7 AM surgery!!). Some of y'all met her in Hope, when I tricked [;)] the whole family to attend the Pilgrimage. She and I joke that she's the (new and improved, female) version of me, since she shares my twisted world view...

Thanks, all. We'll let you know how it all goes!

BTW, my wife Cathy continues to improve from her surgery 4 weeks ago. Thanks for your thoughts, wishes and prayers!!!

--Gregg

Still blown away by my family here. Thank you all so much. Iain, thank you.

Dee and Wayne, sorry to be slow in responding to your emails. Your support has been true blessings!!

Look for updates perhaps late Friday, or so. I might be staying in the hospital, or at my bro's place in Burlingame. I might be able to log on from his place...