The $500 Klipschorn Saga....

Groomlakearea51

Marshall ....I see why you train the Cadets....your post is logical, concise and easy to understand....Well it helps that I have spoken to you for hours on end about this project...

they look awesome!!!!! Lets paint mine black!!!! [:D][:D][:D][:D] and I understand what you did to the bottoms and backs and it really makes sense....I think I will try that with mine to get the best seal....

Congrats....can't wait to get there and here them!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let’s crank them up!!! The "Wall of Voodoo" lives!! Currently they are on amp #1 on the far left row. They will be tested with the tube amp up top later this week.

I am certain that Sam Adams in the lower right ensures a bright, clean sound with a great finish!

Dave

• Moderators

Very nice, I have seen some of your work, you were the only one who had doubts about your ability to make them perfect. You are more organized then me with all the screws and different parts you had to hold on to for that long.

Love that wall of Sansui ! And the Boss is happy, what more could you want !

I remeber the first time I saw those and thought this guy is either nuts or one helluva cabinet maker.

Somebody else who saw them said I was nuts for even thinking about trying it....Wink

Oh man, my eyes light up when I see them in that kind of shape. It's not as exciting to me when I go to buy a pair of Khorns for restoration and they really don't need restoration. It's kind of a let down.

Greg

Oh man, my eyes light up when I see them in that kind of shape. It's not as exciting to me when I go to buy a pair of Khorns for restoration and they really don't need restoration. It's kind of a let down.

Greg

You could hire me to come in and rough 'em up a bit...[;)]

Marshall, GREAT JOB, man! I agree, they now look mil spec. I appreciate the alterations you made. Let us know the difference (to the sound) they make, OK?

Bass is sharper now that they are completely sealed into those corners.

If by sharper you mean a little better defined, the CT-125's may contribute to that, too -- or at least that was one effect of my installing the 125's in my K-horns. Perhaps the 125's projected the bass overtones more.

Bass is sharper now that they are completely sealed into those corners.

If by sharper you mean a little better defined, the CT-125's may contribute to that, too -- or at least that was one effect of my installing the 125's in my K-horns. Perhaps the 125's projected the bass overtones more.

I covered up the tweeter & midrange with a couple towels to eliminate the highs and played a particular track that has some bass passages that had annoyed me before with the other K-horns. Same definite improvement. I suspect it's the sealing and the A/4500's, but I'm inclined to think that the sealing is "doing its job". Hard to tell otherwise. I may put these in Michaels bedroom and bring my original 79's in to test. They are "bone stock", but do have Bob's A/AA recaps. I also want to test another sealing gasket I ran across in my "research" and may do those with that type and see what I've got in the man cave. Moving them around only takes about 15 minutes (I'm getting real good at moving Klipschorns around lately...)