CIRCUIT CITY CLOSURE MAP

johnyholiday

1 of 3 in my area is closing, but I didn't have time to make it over there on Wednesday to see if anything good was on sale. Also you have to remember that a few of the manufactures were not shipping anything to Circuit City as their credit was a big issue. So it might be as if whatever was on the shelves or open is all you get. Then you have to figure in the employees, how much did they take first.

Did anyone make it to a store closing? Any good deals?

James

Hey James...I took a look...there might be some open box deals but from what I saw...full retail with perhaps 10,15,20% off on items...kindal like most other place's sale prices...I went to look at the Klipsch Sub-12...CC wants $499...went down the street to Best Buy and they wanted $469...so much for a deal...

Bill

Wow Bill that is good to know. Good thing I didn't take time off of work for that. From the first article that I seen about the closures it said liquidation sale, but I guess not. Plus whatever they don't sale they can always ship to another store for regular price.

James

Dang , I have 2 within 10 miles of me and both are staying open . No going out of biz sales for me :(

Whaaaa....nobody in my neighborhood is loosing their job, so I can save a few bucks on some Blue-rays and a external hard drive....whaaaaa

Just kidding, I had the exact same thought as the two near me are still open, damn I'm a cold hearted vulture!!! [;)]

The one in my area is nto effected.

I was there yesterday and their customer count was very high.

I had a 5 chanel amp that I bought somewhere else installed in my z28 along with a wiring kit.

It took them 4 hours and they did a super job.

For what they charged me to do the work and the staff and salaries involved, it was more of a customer service than a sales transaction.

We bought our LCD and plasma from CC a few years ago and also paid for the extended warranty. Since the nearest store (where we got them is on the closure list...), I called CC and asked "what's gonna happen"... The rep said that they will honor the warranties and other than the store closings, will remain in business but under Ch.11 status.

Hey James...I took a look...there might be some open box deals but from what I saw...full retail with perhaps 10,15,20% off on items...kindal like most other place's sale prices...I went to look at the Klipsch Sub-12...CC wants $499...went down the street to Best Buy and they wanted $469...so much for a deal...

Bill

That's been my experience on these store-closing sales that anyone has. I have never found a deal there. I can beat their clearance prices just about every day on-line, which I guess is a testimony about why they are closing.