Good Bye my Friend

HarryO

Welcome back Young Buck! Don't feel pressured, but know you are more than welcome here. This forum is still great, but different without Old B. Hey, there are motor enthousiasts here as well. Enlighten us about Audi, that's what the General section is for. On a forum you get to know people in a different way, but it can still be rewarding.

Harry, good to see you and thanks for the bump. Tim.

Wow... just read a large part of this thread again and started bawlin" like a baby. Gonna turn 50 next week and I feel likea 10 year old. Watching Daviid Gilmour Live In Gdansk, Poland, and cranking it on Thebes' borrowed gear. I know ob really liked Gilmour and would appreciate it. This is in his honor. Hell, I'm probably gonna get the police knocking on my door at any moment now (in an apt).

Mike

OB was a delight... in so many ways! Like OB, I am not only an "audio guy," I am also a "car guy," and OB and I had many "conversations" about the wonderful (?) world of Porsches and Corvettes. And when I finally was ready to become a "first time" Corvette owner (after a misspent youth with three Porsches!), it was OB that steered me in the right direction.

He was a treasure, I'm glad that I had the good sense to tell him so before he left us.

Rob

Every once in a while an old thread will be replied to that contains a post from oldbuckster in it. My heart stops every time I scroll down and see his name.

He gave me a real hard time about a lot of the dumb questions I asked. I do miss that.

It's hard to believe it's been 6 months. It's like time has been standing still b/c it feels weird to continue with out my Dad.

I understand very well. My wife passed away in Dec. 2005. Almost 3 1/2 years ago, now. Very hard to believe, yet life continues, even if we aren't ready for it. Hang out here and talk about cars... talk about audio. It doesn't matter. We miss your dad, for sure. He would want us to be enjoying what God has given us.

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It is hard to believe it has been six months. Like Mike L. and Harry I just reread the entire thread and started crying. I know OB would have told me to "suck it up". Actually, he would have emailed me to make sure I was okay. He had an uncanny way of reading between the lines and was always quick to shoot me an email to see if I was really "okay". Youngbuckster, he spoke of all the family often and was very proud of the person you were becoming.

Yes, it is very different without him around to "strike the match" and "get a fire roaring". I sure do appreciate the times he chimed in to make this a better place for everyone. I do miss him.

Unlike dtel, I can't listen to Reggae, especially "One Love" without thinking about him. As much as he liked to "fire things up" among the crowd here he was really about love, peace and harmony. What a wonderful person he was. He didn't have a problem speaking what was on his mind and I for one loved him for that.

I am really glad to see Mrs. Oldbuckster is getting out and about....she deserves some time for herself.

Youngbuckster....we would love to see a pic of the baby...I bet he is getting big. Thank you for keeping in touch. It is really nice to hear from you, it's like hearing from an old friend. Next time you visit your dad, by the lake, please tell him I miss him....tell him we all miss him. Tell your mom if she ever needs anything, anything at all just to let us know.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Happy Birthday Rob. Miss ya Pal.

Harry

That's nice Harry O, yep Happy Birthday OB wish you were still here with us, your B day thread would have been a good one you know it would have been a funny one.

All,

Thank you for your continued support. My family and I can't be more proud of the impact and relationships my Father was able to create here. This past weekend was Baby Joey's (OBs first grandchild) 1st. This came just days before OB birthday on Tuesday. My Mother and I spent the weekend with Him and my Sister during the weekend. This was great timing.

On Sunday, My Mother and I were in Battery Park, NYC to participate in a fundrasier walk for Lung Cancer research and support. Lungevity is the name of the organization that heads these efforts (lungevity.org). My Mother and I saw this to be a fitting as a way to honor my father and help the effected community. Our team raised over $1,800 for this event. In total, over $130,000 was raised by this walk alone. My Mother and I plan to be active in fundrasing for this cause. Of course, with OB in our hearts and thoughts the entire time.

http://flickr.com/gp/14189733@N07/GnV0Bm This is a link to my sister's flicker page where you should be able to view some pics of the Little guy and the fam. I haven't figured out how to attached a photo to the thread.

Again, thank you. You're thoughts and support mean the world to us.

Baby Joey's a very handsome young man. I know Oldbuckster is proud. Thanks to the link to lungevity.org and your families participation in the fundraiser. My father also died of lung cancer.

We all miss your father and his contribution to this forum. Many of us will never be able to hear a Stones song without smiling and thinking of Rob. We hope you will stay in touch.

Baby Joey's quite the young man. OB would be proud. Lungevity sounds like a wonderful organization and will contribute I'm sure to ensuring that someday in the future people won't have to go through what OB and your family went through. Great work.

I agree with Tarheel that well all miss OB and his contributions and will probably always think of him and smile or bring a tear to our eye when we hear a Stones song. For me it's also hearing the Neville Brother's Live On Planet Earth and the 4 disc Led Zeppelin Box Set

Definitely please keep in touch and keep us posted on Joey and thank you for keeping us posted.

Happy Birthday Joey!

Young Buckster's brother in law Joe and Joey at 12 months

Young Buckster And Joey 12 Months

Young Buckster,

I hope you don't mind but I've added what I think is a picture of you and Joey? (I thought wrong Young Buckster is Joey's uncle and this is picture of Joe Young Buckster's brother in law and Joey)

In this case, I just right clicked while viewing at Flickr and copied the Address http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2480/4021578591_62dfb622c5.jpg . I then clicked on the small icon of a tree and pasted the URL into the Image URL and typed in a desciption. This method embeds the link so it will show up when sent out in email.

To add directly to the forums from your hard drive click on the options, then click Add/Update under File Attachment and go find the picture on your hard drive using the Browse button. Once you've done that you'll need to click Save, but to see save you'll have to scroll over to the right. Then click Post if you've finished your message or compose to enter more text.