All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Anyone interested, I just posted a pair for sale in the Garage Sale section (no stripe)
  3. Up for sale is a very nice pair of KI-396-B-SMA-II All original as they came from Hope. Very nice speakers. Pick up only in St. Louis (or meet part way??) $2,000 PM with any questions.
  4. Dang, that looks nice! I bet it sounds even better.
  5. AMTs are double stacked now, in vertical alignment with 402s. Powered by sweet little Topping LA90 Discretes. One for each side in bridge mode. Have not run out of steam yet and super quiet at idle.
  6. Friend has KV2 center he loves - looking to “upgrade” his current* LR to matching bookshelf speakers. He plans to eventually “upgrade” his non-matching surrounds*. *different brand Thanks. Tony
  7. I just got the KP-502S’s and I am trying to find the best placement. I know that some people hang the rear speakers in a 5.1 system slightly to the rear, but I can’t exactly do that with the way the room is designed. I’m basing everything on the left side. The right side will match it. I cleave to hang above the window, but I have a hanger that can tilt down to point at the couch. My question is, would it be better to hang them centered over the window(1) or in the back corner of the window(2)?
  8. captainbeefheart Regulars 1.4k Posted December 12, 2021 Depends on how you use your speakers, if you have flea or low powered amps and listen to your speakers conservatively I am sure you can get away with using the crossover with the K-77. They have to write this warning because of worst case scenario, which actually happens quite frequently where someone runs a high powered amplifier full bore to fill a dance hall or large room party etc... If this is you then I also recommend only using these crossovers with an upgraded tweeter that can handle the power. So the answer to which speakers can use this is it depends on the tweeter in either LaScala, Klipschorn, or Belle speakers OR if you do not push your speakers hard and use low powered amps (less than 10 watts I would think) your fine with just the K-77 in either of these three speakers.
  9. Limited Edition, transparent red, Red Dirt Girl - Emmylou Harris. Wonderful! Just wonderful! Frank
  10. Vintage rule: replace part with like part. Your capacitors are metallized polyester - you can get a kit from JEM Performance. Link is at the top of the page. Going to a polypropylene film and foil is smoother, but also much brighter.
  11. Sorry for popping this up back but I've been researching my problem with XMOS drivers that are "the only ones we have" (c) Klipsch. So, only thing is that those XMOS drivers are signed but the signature is already out of date. I agree that Microsoft provides good drivers for listening music, nothing huge there. Still, I was baffled that I cannot get drivers provided from company like Klipsch while there's so many quite small companies who still try to get most of their equipment with frequent driver updates. So, only two options are on the table if you want to use Klipsch's "only drivers they have to provide" (even if they could just update their signing on the drivers, phew): A) you use your product without control panel (for example buffers etc.) and just use what Windows provides after you have fixed the DFU warning in the device manager B) you have to disable Secure Boot from your BIOS and only after that it's possible to use the option seven in boot options to disable Signature Enforcement, install drivers and use them. I got them working like that but while being pretty precise about my security options while using Windows, I just had to swallow my XMOS fantasies and continue using the Microsoft drivers and they are good for listening music don't get me wrong, for music production and well, using the options I should have in my hands when having this product on my table, they are not available. Just to inform people who are about to buy this product and use it under Windows 11 with Secure Boot enabled which I guess is required to install it in the first place (don't know about earlier Windows versions).
  12. so buyer takes their pick white or black and you keep the other?
  13. DUH! Sorry I missed that very important detail in your post.
  14. @Marvel I think Rachael Price could make a lot of songs magical! This is one that I had on yesterday, sometimes I go through my records in this thread. It can soothe my frazzled nerves with the fact that I'm having to re-buy a lot of what I already own but probably is stolen from me out of hatred (from those "good people") that I wasn't born like them. Yep, get angry then I have to move on,. Help me Dan Dare!! *This one had to go a bit more loud. My fave by him... possibly
  15. It always amazes me that people can't even pick up the garbage around an item they're trying to sell.
  16. Been unable to use my pc since it updated a couple days ago msft winblows destroyed my Eset AV, and it took hours to get that app up and running again. I trust Eset any day over msft. @MicroMara has been hitting the vinyl thread with no genre untouched lately! This one's for him and it's a bit different from the previous few. Mid 70s Coliseum & Stadium Rock w Soul would be a fitting genre for this one. I believe George has one with the original cover though! Another seriously underrated band from way back!
  17. I could see that happening. In my case, the problem moved when switching the compression driver to the other speaker. I think that rules out anything but the K55v itself.
  18. I have been made aware by many (including Mike) that the room itself is part of the sound of the system. I appreciate the advice and my plan is to change one thing at a time in the system and observe the impact. There is additional furniture and sound-absorbing things going into the space over the next year that will influence the system sound. I was thinking about adding thick curtains to some of the walls, windows and doors to cut down on sound reflection. Will let you know how it goes. @mikebse2a3 gives great advice!
  19. Big shoutout to JeffC, found this thread after searching trying to find a solution to why the speakers stopped working with sub ok. Replaced c22 capacitor as recommended, but now I have the opposite problem: L and R speakers working but no bass from the sub. Everything plugged in, but almost looks burnt on the circuit board in r30 and g1. Not sure if this is the issue or even fixable since it’s the board and not a wire or capacitor. Anyone else with sub issue after replacing c22 for speakers?
  20. Thanks kindly; I hear you saying I should do some careful listening. WRT bi-amping, one is required to bi-amp these speakers as they have a DSP. I've been playing with different amps (and preamps too).
  21. Yesterday
  22. I have a pair. I will recommend you do not use the Ti diaphragms unless yours have failed and OEM is unavailable. Use quality film and foil caps (expect $$$). I used Solen metalized caps and find there is a subtle harshness or edginess to higher tones. It took a while to notice, but now I don't like the effect. You might find the metalized caps can be used in place of the woofer EQ cap to save money with little impact to sound quality. That room has my H IVs so the KG2s aren't used much and I have little motivation to change them.
  23. @Marvel direct drive function ON kinda maybe?!
  24. That scares me for sure. These guys wouldn't know how to handle two of us. I'm NOT sure I could handle two of us.😂 It's truly a delima anymore. Ya know just what ya want to hear then something else pops up so ya go dig that one out. THEN ya have to hear either one you saw or one in now ANOTHER pile. I see piles in your future brother! Sad though when you forget which pile you "think" it's in. That's another story altogether. Hey @dirtmudd figure out a Zappa song to help hin understand that big picture. 😂
  1. Load more activity