The Klipsch Audio Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The GW Album 'Share the Land' was my first full-length album. Got it as an Xmas gift from my 'old square NY uncle and aunt'. All 45's prior to that. I made the mistake of going to a Beach Boys indoor concert in the early 1980's here pre-Saddledome, so up close and personal. Could not hear anything but my own ears ringing for three days afterward. Live and learn: bring ear plugs. Queen never played Calgary that I recall or I would have gone for sure. Wb
  3. Around here 'Walking Audio Function'. That usually equates to a significant drop in volume until I confuse things by again by swapping around my amp/preamp, etc. setup. Getting to be that time again. 🎼 Should never have let her see how I turn things up or down. Wb
  4. K5SS

What I Got Today!

I traded my 7001sc’s and StudioMonitor 350’s for a pair of Mythos ST’s and a Mythos Eight. I also lucked out and found a pair Mythos Gem XL’s with matching stands for cheap. Now the fun begins, getting it all dialed in. I have owned the ST towers and I still have a single, which will be used as a matching center. The cool thing is that I traded the 7001sc’s to a guy that is a large Klipsch fan so we chatted for a while. He sent me a message earlier today saying that he is totally loving the new speakers. I told him to sigh up here, so we might be adding a great addition to this community. I love it when a plan comes together! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Dang sure hear you there @Full Range.... Friend turned on at a much too early age .... so many variations to his.works.. cool
  6. @billybob I like John Lee Hooker best on those posts above
  7. Today
  8. I love the Guess Who and have seen them three times -- ALL outdoors too. I “think” the best concert i attended was Queen at the Los Angeles Forum in 1980. For reasons that i will not go into detail, i don’t remember any of concert. I remember before and after; but not during. But, the band was in its heyday so it must have been good. I’ve seen Queen several times and can remember all but that one. Funny, i saw Queen at the LA Forum in 1980 and they didn’t return to the forum until 2016 or something like that and i saw them again at the forum. David Gilmour at the Hollywood Bowl was great. Roger Waters (twice) at the Hollywood Bowl were great shows. YES in the round back circa 1979 was fantastic. I’ve seen REO Speedwagon several times back when they were still playing rock n roll and put on a great show. Seen many other concerts that were good; but just good. The bands that i mentioned did rise to the top of the shows that i’ve seen. I’ve been fortunate in that i’ve got to meet my top three favorite musicians (1) Brian May (several times), (2) Rick Wakeman, and (3) Steve Howe. Honorable mention to an acquaintance Don Van Vliet, aka Captain Beefheart. We lived in the same town for awhile and met him through a former bandmate of his. Quite a character. in the early 2000s, Rolling Stone Magazine had Trout Mask Replica ranked number 58 in their top 500 albums of all time. RIP Don.
  9. Forum member Tragusa demo'd his 3 LaScala front 4 Heresy surrounds with 2 Danley DTS 10's for me years ago . Man that system messed with my innards and by the looks of the surroundings the home itself .
  10. MDF Equals...WAF Equals... happy enough... without moving furniture...
  11. What is WAF? Is that Water Absorbant Factor?
  12. I am going to come out with a line for magicians "Look watch this, put them in a bucket of water and they DISAPPEAR" I figure to sell many of them. Only problem is making an MDF tweeter facsimile and I have not got that down yet.
  13. It is more than boominess. I have been pretty down on Cornwalls but these are a different animal.
  14. Yes we'll nostalgia suppose...:
  15. What a sweet sound like reflection s of...
  16. @ jimjimbo- what do you mean when you say another source...would that mean run iTunes off a laptop instead of iPhone? Have like 800cds, but the 80's in college took a toll on many of them, cracked cases etc.. so they hang out in the attic. So over the years I've built a massive library on iTunes/iPhone + streaming. So what's best way to transfer that music to Forte's via amp. I'm sure I'll get a CD player next, but picking an amp and not having ability to hear with Forte's has slowed my progress. I want to do this right. Just got back from a B-Trip and awesome to see all the suggestion, but wish I understood half of it. Have a lot of learning to do....just remember the Heresy's w/400$ Denon Integrated + CD player created such an awesome sound. I don't know what 2 channel means or even difference between integrated or pre-amp. I'm a boy amongst men here. I guess there's a Heritage Dealer on Belmont in Chicago, so maybe they have some nice amps to showcase. I don't understand why ABT Electronics doesn't let you hear the Klipsch. They seems to carry more Klipsch and B&W than any other speakers. And they're not hurting for space....the place is like a small city. Tubes look awesome, but I'm not one to buy anything used. Stupid probably, but we all have our flaws. If I got a used vintage tube for shit and giggles or even new what's best vehicle to play from iPhone? The more I read I'm also finding placement is critical. I'll have amp in the corner with F3's being 6-7' apart along adjacent walls and hopefully close to the wall as possible. You guys are fantastic!
  17. RobF

Belles in Aptos Ca

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/ele/d/aptos-klipsch-belle-speakers-1978/6993035498.html no affiliation
  18. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/lafayette-klipsch-belles/7001678979.html no affiliation
  19. Oh my gosh! Who wants to play Kansas right now? NOBODY!!!!
  20. Fantastic weekend. Thanks again for all the hard work to make this happen.
  21. Do you recommemd the same with the MEH? Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
  22. I agree with you 1000%... I highly recommend doing room treatment to get your system sounding its best BEFORE upgrading equipment, unless you are upgrding for features or compatiblity. Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
  23. Quick question for the experts. I just swapped out the tweeters on my KP 2500C Tweeters that I just acquired. Wanted to know as a quick search didn't yield great results: what model are the tweeters? I know it's a K79 horn as it's labeled. The driver is bare with no markings. Glad my Forte III Tweeters didn't sell quickly 😏
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?